Do pro-life groups sound the same as the pro-life posters on here?

Dr.Drock

Aug 19, 2009
Are their only tactics to use guilt, shame, insults and using sensationalized wording in order to prop themselves up as holier than thou?

I NEVER hear anyone on this board talking up going through the pregnancy and raising the child, NEVER hear anyone talking up giving the child to adoption rather than abortion.

I try not to pay attention to social groups, so for those that do, do pro-life groups sound different than this board's pro-lifers? I sure as hell hope so.

If you have not heard or seen people on here talking about the adoption route or raising the child, you're not observing very well

I've seen thousands of the types of posts I described in the OP.

Whenever I've seen a pro-choicer ask a pro-lifer why they haven't adopted a baby because they talk so passionately about the baby's life the response everytime I've seen it has been more guilt and propping themselves up. "I haven't adopted because I waited until I was ready to have kids" type of responses, which don't even answer the question.

You're talking about the baby killers right?

This would fall under Exhibit A.
Ok, so you can shame me, but I can't shame you right? You can't deny that's the whole point of your thread.

Well you're the one pretending to stand on a moral highground about baby-killing. Do you stand on that same moral highground when it comes to whether or not we should go to war? Or does that principle come and go with the politics of the day?

I'm not morally superior to you because I'm pro-choice, or because of any of my political opinions, however your posting style and wording suggests you think you're morally superior to others solely based on when you think a pregnancy becomes another life.

If you have not heard or seen people on here talking about the adoption route or raising the child, you're not observing very well

Whenever I've seen a pro-choicer ask a pro-lifer why they haven't adopted a baby because they talk so passionately about the baby's life the response everytime I've seen it has been more guilt and propping themselves up. "I haven't adopted because I waited until I was ready to have kids" type of responses, which don't even answer the question.

And I have seen plenty to the contrary... plus I am in a family that has adopted... and my fiancee and I are looking to be adopting after our wedding, because we're a bit old for starting off with a new baby, want to share our love and family with a child, and giving an 'unwanted' child that is a big thing for us...

So don't think all pro-lifers fit the mold that best helps you portray them as your evil adversary

And I have seen plenty to the contrary... plus I am in a family that has adopted... and my fiancee and I are looking to be adopting after our wedding, because we're a bit old for starting off with a new baby, want to share our love and family with a child, and giving an 'unwanted' child that is a big thing for us...

So don't think all pro-lifers fit the mold that best helps you portray them as your evil adversary

Well thanks to you I can now say the ratio is like 10,000 to 1 rather than 10,000 to 0.

Well thanks to you I can now say the ratio is like 10,000 to 1 rather than 10,000 to 0.

hardly.... you just really don't want to let go of your preconceived notion, do you?

C'mon everybody! Let's celebrate a Woman's Right To Choose!

Woo hoo! :clap2:

abortion1.jpg

abortion-8wks.jpg

abortion05.jpg

abortion06.jpg

abortion04.jpg

hardly.... you just really don't want to let go of your preconceived notion, do you?

Do a little experiment, go through all the abortion related threads and tally how many times you hear pro-lifer talking up adoption, you'll find I'm right.

Are their only tactics to use guilt, shame, insults and using sensationalized wording in order to prop themselves up as holier than thou?

I NEVER hear anyone on this board talking up going through the pregnancy and raising the child, NEVER hear anyone talking up giving the child to adoption rather than abortion.

I try not to pay attention to social groups, so for those that do, do pro-life groups sound different than this board's pro-lifers? I sure as hell hope so.

I rather think the same question could be asked of the Death on Demand crowd with exactly the same results.

I rather think the same question could be asked of the Death on Demand crowd with exactly the same results.

This would fall under Exhibit A as well.

"Death on Demand", I don't even have to ask you guys to prove my original post accurate, you live for it.

This would fall under Exhibit A.
Ok, so you can shame me, but I can't shame you right? You can't deny that's the whole point of your thread.

Well you're the one pretending to stand on a moral highground about baby-killing. Do you stand on that same moral highground when it comes to whether or not we should go to war? Or does that principle come and go with the politics of the day?

I'm not morally superior to you because I'm pro-choice, or because of any of my political opinions, however your posting style and wording suggests you think you're morally superior to others solely based on when you think a pregnancy becomes another life.

It's not pretending to be moral not to kill

No, you are not morally superior. However your posting style indicates you feel you are, but you think you are sly by not admitting to it aloud.

War and capitol punishment are weak overused defense mechanisms used by pro abortion crowd all the time. Oranges and giraffes

This would fall under Exhibit A as well.

"Death on Demand", I don't even have to ask you guys to prove my original post accurate, you live for it.

Why would I try to prove your assertion when the opposite is also true, I don't hide my disdain for the Death on Demand crowd and couldn't really give a shit less what you think of it.

No, you are not morally superior. However your posting style indicates you feel you are, but you think you are sly by not admitting to it aloud.

War and capitol punishment are weak overused defense mechanisms used by pro abortion crowd all the time. Oranges and giraffes

Avoided the war part of the discussion, smart move but it didn't go unnoticed.

No I don't think I'm morally superior because I'm pro-choice, not morally inferior either, it's solely based on when someone thinks a fetus becomes a baby. Has nothing to do with morals.

The sensationalized tagline most used for the purpose of grabbing attention is "baby-killing", if that's the principle that matters most than all pro-lifers should be against every war that results in babies being killed if we're not at risk of having our babies killed (Vietnam, Iraq, Libya, etc).

No I don't think I'm morally superior because I'm pro-choice, not morally inferior either, it's solely based on when someone thinks a fetus becomes a baby. Has nothing to do with morals.

The sensationalized tagline most used for the purpose of grabbing attention is "baby-killing", if that's the principle that matters most than all pro-lifers should be against every war that results in babies being killed if we're not at risk of having our babies killed (Vietnam, Iraq, Libya, etc).

I didn't avoid anything. What you think you noticed must have been a brain fart.

I agree, you lack any morals on the subject. The life exists - no doubt about it. You pro abortion crowd (or if you prefer baby killers) feel it's yours to decide what kind of life. As our pres. has decided infanticide is also acceptable - he too lacks moral on the subject.

Yawn - war again. The killing of innocents is horrible. You want to decide when that is true and not true. Sounds like the baby killers (;)) are the ones desperately trying to seek confirmation by pretending otherwise. That most in the pro life community won't get defensive over such a stupid shot does not give you the upper hand you imagine. You just stumple in the dark desperatley seeking approval from people you pretend not to care about regarding killing innocent life you wish didn't exist

I didn't avoid anything. What you think you noticed must have been a brain fart.

I agree, you lack any morals on the subject. The life exists - no doubt about it. You pro abortion crowd (or if you prefer baby killers) feel it's yours to decide what kind of life. As our pres. has decided infanticide is also acceptable - he too lacks moral on the subject.

Yawn - war again. The killing of innocents is horrible. You want to decide when that is true and not true. Sounds like the baby killers (;)) are the ones desperately trying to seek confirmation by pretending otherwise. That most in the pro life community won't get defensive over such a stupid shot does not give you the upper hand you imagine. You just stumple in the dark desperatley seeking approval from people you pretend not to care about regarding killing innocent life you wish didn't exist

I see, so the new way to validate the guilt/shame/insult driven posts is to ignore what I say and mold what I say into what you think I think rather than going by what's in front of you.

Most pro-lifers I've talked to don't consider the morning after pill to be baby-killing, so again it's all about timing, has nothing to do with morals. You just pretend it does to prop yourself up.

You can drop all the insults you want, if you truly thought it was baby-killing or cared as much about baby-killing as you pretend to on here, you'd be against wars that result in so many innocent born babies being killed. Bottom line.

New Topics

Forum List

Back