Do Poor People Have A Right To Murder?

bush lover

Feb 18, 2005
Robert Stellingworth, president of the New Orleans Police Foundation said that overwhelming majority of the 1,600 New Orleans Police force has been crippled by the hurricane.

“Let’s face it, the police in New Orleans have a triple burden. They have a tremendous job to do as police officers in normal times. Before the hurricane, New Orleans had a significant crime problem and a significant number of murders, as a result of the large number of people living in poverty,” Stellingworth explained.
http://www.swnewsherald.com/online_content/2005/09/091605rh_police.php

bush lover said:
Robert Stellingworth, president of the New Orleans Police Foundation said that overwhelming majority of the 1,600 New Orleans Police force has been crippled by the hurricane.

“Let’s face it, the police in New Orleans have a triple burden. They have a tremendous job to do as police officers in normal times. Before the hurricane, New Orleans had a significant crime problem and a significant number of murders, as a result of the large number of people living in poverty,” Stellingworth explained.

Mr. Stellingworth is an idiot. Poverty doesn't cause murder.

bush lover said:

I am really amazed he went on record saying this.

I'm with dmp.

I might have been inclinded to agree had he been more specific with his comment. On the other hand, I'm so sick of arguing this crap with 20 yr old students (first week of school and already pulling my hair!!) I'm going to disagree, just because. :p:

IF...IF poverty caused Murder, our nation's murder rates in the depression would have been the higest on record.

IF poverty caused Murder - MUCH of the former soviet union would have been killing themselves off decades ago.

dmp said:
IF...IF poverty caused Murder, our nation's murder rates in the depression would have been the higest on record.

IF poverty caused Murder - MUCH of the former soviet union would have been killing themselves off decades ago.

Not to mention North Korea etc..

bush lover said:

Whether it's true or not, I'm afraid it does reflect an attitude that MANY people have come to accept over the years. Why won't people admit what really causes one person to murder another?

dilloduck said:
Whether it's true or not, I'm afraid it does reflect an attitude that MANY people have come to accept over the years. Why won't people admit what really causes one person to murder another?

We as a society have been spoon fed that crap for decades now. It's seems especially easy for those who are really removed from it that have the most to say on the subject.

For example one MS Celine who felt we should all understand the looting..........But neglected to open her mansion to be sacked.

Forum List

Back