Do Poor Blacks Really Need Millions More Excuses?

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
Louis Farrakhan's "Millions More Movement" explains on its Web site that "It's time for our leadership to stop acting solely on behalf of our churches, mosques, temples, synagogues, and organizations. It is time for us as leaders to come together and begin to think, plan, and act on behalf of the whole of our people."

What it should really say: "When the Republican president's polls get shaky, it's time for the demagogues to come to Washington."

Do poor blacks really need to hear "millions more" excuses why black men can't be faithful to one woman and be responsible for the children they bear? Or why they can't get an education because white people hate us?

Do poor blacks really need another venue for hip-hop multimillionaires to explain, in four-letter epithets, that blacks suffer because George W. Bush doesn't care about them? This while these moguls get richer by the day peddling black booty on BET, inspiring black kids to live the life that guarantees to keep them poor?

Despite Farrakhan's supposed objective to "empower" poor folks, he should understand, as more and more blacks are beginning to understand, that he, and other long-standing traditional black leaders, really promote quite the opposite.

Poor blacks do not need to be "mobilized" to turn even more responsibility for their lives over to others. They need to go to school and take care of their families. The place where this needs to take place is within a couple-mile radius of where they live. It certainly won't take place on the National Mall in Washington.

Blacks mobilized on the Mall in Washington in 1963 because there were legitimate claims then that government was not doing its job to ensure for black citizens the constitutional protections of life, liberty and property.

The Constitution was amended after the Civil War to solve this problem. But, unfortunately, the number of laws a nation needs is directly proportional to the amount of evil present. A hundred years after the addition of the Fourteenth Amendment, ensuring protection and due process for all citizens, blacks were still not getting it.

This reality crystallized the civil-rights movement in the 1960s. The Rev. Martin Luther King defined the problem and the challenge in his unforgettable address on the Mall in 1963.

The result was more legislation, the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act. These laws went the extra mile to ensure blacks their needed protections.

However, law cannot change the hearts of men. Nor can law ensure that a child will grow up to be a responsible adult. In a free society, government does not, and cannot, act as a parent. Government can't ensure that black kids will become nuclear physicists.

The work that blacks need to do in Washington today is to reduce government interference with black individual lives, families and communities to solve our own problems. We need to increase the freedom we have to choose how to educate our children and to increase the control we have over our income and savings.

When black leaders suggest that we need government to do more than ensure our protection, they sound like the very racists who supposedly cause our problems.

It may be news to Farrakhan, and perhaps to other black leaders, that blacks are unique and individual human beings. It's the racists who look at us otherwise. It does not empower black citizens when they hear from their leaders that they are not unique individuals but racial objects.

Am I suggesting that blacks in America today do not have to contend with the burden of racism? Of course I am not. What I do claim is that the most damaging racism in our community is what it hears from its own leaders. It is the message that black citizens cannot and should not be treated as free and personally responsible individuals.

Black problems today are in individual hearts, minds and homes. This is where they need to be solved. The only reason to go to Washington is to get rid of existing barriers to allowing this to happen

http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns/StarParker/2005/10/17/171486.html

Farrakhan isn't interested in empowering minorities. He's interested in power for himself, nothing more.

Farrakhan isn't interested in helping black people. He's just trying to help himself.

His speech (and it was a long, boring one; he's a horrendous pubic speaker in my opinion) was little more than a recruitment pitch to get blacks to join his own personal army.

It is in his vested interest to keep black people poor and frustrated. That this isn't patently obvious to so many people is beyond bewildering.

what they need is a kick in the ass to tell them to get off it, and go to work. Work your way up if that is the only way to get paid more. Many people have done that. Use your knowledge and experience to get you somewhere. Many companies will exchange first hand experience for formal education.

fuzzykitten99 said:
what they need is a kick in the ass to tell them to get off it, and go to work. Work your way up if that is the only way to get paid more. Many people have done that. Use your knowledge and experience to get you somewhere. Many companies will exchange first hand experience for formal education.
Yes, I do believe Burger King is open 24 hours now.

Zhukov said:
Farrakhan isn't interested in empowering minorities. He's interested in power for himself, nothing more.

Farrakhan isn't interested in helping black people. He's just trying to help himself.

His speech (and it was a long, boring one; he's a horrendous pubic speaker in my opinion) was little more than a recruitment pitch to get blacks to join his own personal army.

It is in his vested interest to keep black people poor and frustrated. That this isn't patently obvious to so many people is beyond bewildering.

That's really a good point! Aside from what anyone thinks should be done, by, or, for Black people to get ahead Farrakhan is not looking out for anyone but himself.

Bonnie said:
That's really a good point! Aside from what anyone thinks should be done, by, or, for Black people to get ahead Farrakhan is not looking out for anyone but himself.
Hmmmm.
Can you really fault him though. He's doing what everyone here is telling him
to do, making money.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Hmmmm.
Can you really fault him though. He's doing what everyone here is telling him
to do, making money.

Aside from making money though he's doing nothing else productive for those he "claims" to care do deeply about.

Bonnie said:
Aside from making money though he's doing nothing else productive for those he "claims" to care do deeply about.
I hear ya. He is setting an example though.
Even if a shady one.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
I hear ya. He is setting an example though.
Even if a shady one.

Does that make it right then? If he sets an example for all Black people to follow, will the world be a better or worse place if they do?

Farakhan is the one psycho out of all the so called black leadership that actually believes what he is shoveling. Sharpton is a politician. He goes where the money is. Jesse Jackson is a businessman. He generates money for himself by latching onto causes. Farakhan truely believes that white people are the ultimate evil in the world today and that they must be destroyed before black people can succeed. He raises money but its to further his cause of black hatred towards society. He is building an army. When will he strike?

I have read that Farrakhan thinks there is a great wheel out in space controlling our lives. He also believes that the federal gov't blew a hole in a levee in La. to kill black people.

"In recent weeks, Farrakhan has raised eyebrows by speculating that New Orleans' levees did not collapse beneath the rising waters of Lake Pontchartrain, but that they were bombed. Is this a means of getting rid of the poor? The black?" Farrakhan asked in a telephone interview with The Associated Press. "Is this a means of ensuring that in the elections there will never again be a black or Creole mayor of that city?"

Here are quotes from an article by a man who wrote abook on Farrakhan. Sorry, I can no longer find the site I copied these from. If I find it, I'll edit the post to add it. I have seen the Alien story repeated in more widespread newspapers and mags, though.

Origins of Nation of Islam (NOI):

"In brief, the doctrine states that the first humans, a race of black people, whom the NOI calls 'the Original Man,' created white people in a genetic experiment 6,000 years ago. Elijah claimed that they (the whites) would rule the world for 6,000 years and then be destroyed at the 'end of their time' by the blacks. He said that 'Judgement Day' means that at the 'end of time' the Gods (i.e., blacks) would destroy the entire white race (devils) and then establish a Paradise (nation) on this earth ruled forever by the blacks (i.e., Gods)."

Also:

"...his entire inspiration for the "Million Man March" is based on his alleged, "vision of being swept into a UFO that took him to a larger mothership." While in the UFO, he claims to have spoken to the late Elijah Muhammad before being beamed back to earth. (The Washington Post, Sept. 18, 1995, p. D3)."

"What many do not realize, is that Farrakhan has repeated this doctrine for more than 35 years! Indeed, Farrakhan's UFO "vision" is an inseparable, doctrinal link to the heretical claims of Elijah Muhammad. Elijah explained that blacks were originally, "moon people" and that the UFO "mother wheel" was piloted by 13 youths who perpetually orbited the earth, waiting to unleash global destruction on whites, while rescuing all blacks. Farrakhan to this day, teaches this same doctrine- his inspiration for the Million Man March..."

"Most importantly, Farrakhan has to find a new way to pay for his and his family's ornate palaces in Chicago and Phoenix, his Lexus, Mercedes, Rolls Royce and Lincoln Town Cars, a Mexican villa, a new 77-acre Michigan estate and over $1.5 million dollars in unpaid back taxes. This is the reason he had an $11 registration fee, a $3.99 per minute 900 number for call-in registration (Average call is three minutes), a $700 vendor's fee, (reduced from $1000), and even ads in his newspaper soliciting for "donations" to "help defray the astronomical costs of the march," in exchange for listing the donor's name and city under appropriate categories (Platinum, Gold, etc.): $1000 or more (Platinum), $500 or more (Gold), $100 or more (Silver), $25 or more (Patron) not to mention $2 "special issues" of his 'Final Call' newspaper. Louis. A true high-tech con-man. You want to see Louie's real vison?: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$."

Abbey Normal said:
I have read that Farrakhan thinks there is a great wheel out in space controlling our lives. He also believes that the federal gov't blew a hole in a levee in La. to kill black people.

"In recent weeks, Farrakhan has raised eyebrows by speculating that New Orleans' levees did not collapse beneath the rising waters of Lake Pontchartrain, but that they were bombed. Is this a means of getting rid of the poor? The black?" Farrakhan asked in a telephone interview with The Associated Press. "Is this a means of ensuring that in the elections there will never again be a black or Creole mayor of that city?"

Here are quotes from an article by a man who wrote abook on Farrakhan. Sorry, I can no longer find the site I copied these from. If I find it, I'll edit the post to add it. I have seen the Alien story repeated in more widespread newspapers and mags, though.

Origins of Nation of Islam (NOI):

"In brief, the doctrine states that the first humans, a race of black people, whom the NOI calls 'the Original Man,' created white people in a genetic experiment 6,000 years ago. Elijah claimed that they (the whites) would rule the world for 6,000 years and then be destroyed at the 'end of their time' by the blacks. He said that 'Judgement Day' means that at the 'end of time' the Gods (i.e., blacks) would destroy the entire white race (devils) and then establish a Paradise (nation) on this earth ruled forever by the blacks (i.e., Gods)."

Also:

"...his entire inspiration for the "Million Man March" is based on his alleged, "vision of being swept into a UFO that took him to a larger mothership." While in the UFO, he claims to have spoken to the late Elijah Muhammad before being beamed back to earth. (The Washington Post, Sept. 18, 1995, p. D3)."

"What many do not realize, is that Farrakhan has repeated this doctrine for more than 35 years! Indeed, Farrakhan's UFO "vision" is an inseparable, doctrinal link to the heretical claims of Elijah Muhammad. Elijah explained that blacks were originally, "moon people" and that the UFO "mother wheel" was piloted by 13 youths who perpetually orbited the earth, waiting to unleash global destruction on whites, while rescuing all blacks. Farrakhan to this day, teaches this same doctrine- his inspiration for the Million Man March..."

"Most importantly, Farrakhan has to find a new way to pay for his and his family's ornate palaces in Chicago and Phoenix, his Lexus, Mercedes, Rolls Royce and Lincoln Town Cars, a Mexican villa, a new 77-acre Michigan estate and over $1.5 million dollars in unpaid back taxes. This is the reason he had an $11 registration fee, a $3.99 per minute 900 number for call-in registration (Average call is three minutes), a $700 vendor's fee, (reduced from $1000), and even ads in his newspaper soliciting for "donations" to "help defray the astronomical costs of the march," in exchange for listing the donor's name and city under appropriate categories (Platinum, Gold, etc.): $1000 or more (Platinum), $500 or more (Gold), $100 or more (Silver), $25 or more (Patron) not to mention $2 "special issues" of his 'Final Call' newspaper. Louis. A true high-tech con-man. You want to see Louie's real vison?: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$."

I heard this wacko actually explain all this UFO crap in a TV interview-- :cuckoo:

Abby Normal "I have read that Farrakhan thinks there is a great wheel out in space controlling our lives. He also believes that the federal gov't blew a hole in a levee in La. to kill black people.

Ok here's what I find funny about all this. White people are SO powerfull we can make hurricanes, direct them and blow up a section of levee (without anyone noticing), oh ya and we created AIDS to kill the black man.

Now if the all powerful white man could really do all that don't ya think more black people would have been killed in LA?????? Why bother blowing up the levees to "kill more black people" when 20,000 of them were all packed into the superdome it would have been easier to just blow that up :spank3: if that was the objective of the super white guys. Farrakhan is an idiot.

Trigg said:
Abby Normal "I have read that Farrakhan thinks there is a great wheel out in space controlling our lives. He also believes that the federal gov't blew a hole in a levee in La. to kill black people.

Ok here's what I find funny about all this. White people are SO powerfull we can make hurricanes, direct them and blow up a section of levee (without anyone noticing), oh ya and we created AIDS to kill the black man.

Now if the all powerful white man could really do all that don't ya think more black people would have been killed in LA?????? Why bother blowing up the levees to "kill more black people" when 20,000 of them were all packed into the superdome it would have been easier to just blow that up :spank3: if that was the objective of the super white guys. Farrakhan is an idiot.

I would definitely say that Farra-con is a slimy, racist, liar and his followers are the idiots.
The point where the levee broke was in an afluent, mostly white area by the way.

Zhukov said:

I totally agree. I listened to his speeches and got the same message from him. He's into fomenting hate and discontent, and irritating the racism topic. If nto for people like him on both sides of the issue, racism would probably be close to history by now.

GunnyL said:
I totally agree. I listened to his speeches and got the same message from him. He's into fomenting hate and discontent, and irritating the racism topic. If nto for people like him on both sides of the issue, racism would probably be close to history by now.

Well, maybe. Farrakhan's definitely a little loony, and definitely a white-hater:

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2005/10/16/232454.shtml

But as someone with racial sentiment myself, I can't completely dismiss the appeal he has with a lot of black people. If you read "The Final Call," it recommends racial separation as a solution to the troubles, which I certainly consider a viable option. I disagree with the notion that Farrakhan, the Jewish Defense League, the neo-Nazis and all the "extremes" of racial defense are the ones "stirring up" the racial issue. They have a corner on the truth. The racial issue is THERE, 100 percent, and it's REAL. Races really are different, and they really don't get along. We aren't all going to go skipping through the meadow together. That's reality. So I don't think it's something we can put behind us or "get over."

We need new thinking on race, and new solutions. We need to start acknowledging that races aren't ever going to be compatible, and that decent and workable separation needs to be at least considered. It doesn't mean a return to slavery or the building of gas chambers and prison camps. Those are the things you need to keep multiculturalism going.

William Joyce said:
Well, maybe. Farrakhan's definitely a little loony, and definitely a white-hater:

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2005/10/16/232454.shtml

But as someone with racial sentiment myself, I can't completely dismiss the appeal he has with a lot of black people. If you read "The Final Call," it recommends racial separation as a solution to the troubles, which I certainly consider a viable option. I disagree with the notion that Farrakhan, the Jewish Defense League, the neo-Nazis and all the "extremes" of racial defense are the ones "stirring up" the racial issue. The racial issue is THERE, 100 percent, and it's REAL. Races really are different, and they really don't get along. We aren't all going to go skipping through the meadow together. That's reality. So I don't think it's something we can put behind us or "get over."

We need new thinking on race, and new solutions. We need to start acknowledging that races aren't ever going to be compatible, and that decent and workable separation needs to be at least considered.

Speaking of the other side ........

Dude, the racism issue is there because people like you and Farrakham have perpetuated it. YOU keep it alive. In my life I've watched it go from legal segregation to legal equality.

I consider judging people solely on their ethnicity to be completely ignorant if you don't know better, and completely stupid if you do. Let me tell you how important the color of someone's skin is when they're providing your covering fire and getting you out of some deep shit. The only thing stopping a bullet from hitting you in the back is another Marine exposing himself to save you.

It ain't.

GunnyL said:
Speaking of the other side ........

Dude, the racism issue is there because people like you and Farrakham have perpetuated it. YOU keep it alive. In my life I've watched it go from legal segregation to legal equality.

I consider judging people solely on their ethnicity to be completely ignorant if you don't know better, and completely stupid if you do. Let me tell you how important the color of someone's skin is when they're providing your covering fire and getting you out of some deep shit. The only thing stopping a bullet from hitting you in the back is another Marine exposing himself to save you.

It ain't.

:clap: :clap: I'm against affirmative action, reparations, etc. BTW, I'm also against any special treatment for women and real minorities. (Women are NOT a minority.) That much said, I think the best person should get the job and we should assume equal footing. In some cases an employer may favor one group over another, for whatever reason, suck it up-most want to maximize their profits, they need the best they can get for what they can pay.

Kathianne said:
:clap: :clap: I'm against affirmative action, reparations, etc. BTW, I'm also against any special treatment for women and real minorities. (Women are NOT a minority.) That much said, I think the best person should get the job and we should assume equal footing. In some cases an employer may favor one group over another, for whatever reason, suck it up-most want to maximize their profits, they need the best they can get for what they can pay.

I agree. One should have the right to hire who is best qualified for the job and not be hamstrung by some BS gov't quota.

Forum List

Back