Do Poor Blacks Really Need Millions More Excuses?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bonnie, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns/StarParker/2005/10/17/171486.html

2. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Farrakhan isn't interested in empowering minorities. He's interested in power for himself, nothing more.

Farrakhan isn't interested in helping black people. He's just trying to help himself.

His speech (and it was a long, boring one; he's a horrendous pubic speaker in my opinion) was little more than a recruitment pitch to get blacks to join his own personal army.

It is in his vested interest to keep black people poor and frustrated. That this isn't patently obvious to so many people is beyond bewildering.

3. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    what they need is a kick in the ass to tell them to get off it, and go to work. Work your way up if that is the only way to get paid more. Many people have done that. Use your knowledge and experience to get you somewhere. Many companies will exchange first hand experience for formal education.

4. JOKER96BRAVO

JOKER96BRAVO Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +285
    Yes, I do believe Burger King is open 24 hours now.

5. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669

That's really a good point! Aside from what anyone thinks should be done, by, or, for Black people to get ahead Farrakhan is not looking out for anyone but himself.

6. JOKER96BRAVO

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +285
    Hmmmm.
    Can you really fault him though. He's doing what everyone here is telling him
    to do, making money.

7. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Aside from making money though he's doing nothing else productive for those he "claims" to care do deeply about.

8. JOKER96BRAVO

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +285
    I hear ya. He is setting an example though.
    Even if a shady one.

9. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Does that make it right then? If he sets an example for all Black people to follow, will the world be a better or worse place if they do?

Farakhan is the one psycho out of all the so called black leadership that actually believes what he is shoveling. Sharpton is a politician. He goes where the money is. Jesse Jackson is a businessman. He generates money for himself by latching onto causes. Farakhan truely believes that white people are the ultimate evil in the world today and that they must be destroyed before black people can succeed. He raises money but its to further his cause of black hatred towards society. He is building an army. When will he strike?

10. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    I have read that Farrakhan thinks there is a great wheel out in space controlling our lives. He also believes that the federal gov't blew a hole in a levee in La. to kill black people.

"In recent weeks, Farrakhan has raised eyebrows by speculating that New Orleans' levees did not collapse beneath the rising waters of Lake Pontchartrain, but that they were bombed. Is this a means of getting rid of the poor? The black?" Farrakhan asked in a telephone interview with The Associated Press. "Is this a means of ensuring that in the elections there will never again be a black or Creole mayor of that city?"

Here are quotes from an article by a man who wrote abook on Farrakhan. Sorry, I can no longer find the site I copied these from. If I find it, I'll edit the post to add it. I have seen the Alien story repeated in more widespread newspapers and mags, though.

Origins of Nation of Islam (NOI):

"In brief, the doctrine states that the first humans, a race of black people, whom the NOI calls 'the Original Man,' created white people in a genetic experiment 6,000 years ago. Elijah claimed that they (the whites) would rule the world for 6,000 years and then be destroyed at the 'end of their time' by the blacks. He said that 'Judgement Day' means that at the 'end of time' the Gods (i.e., blacks) would destroy the entire white race (devils) and then establish a Paradise (nation) on this earth ruled forever by the blacks (i.e., Gods)."

Also:

"...his entire inspiration for the "Million Man March" is based on his alleged, "vision of being swept into a UFO that took him to a larger mothership." While in the UFO, he claims to have spoken to the late Elijah Muhammad before being beamed back to earth. (The Washington Post, Sept. 18, 1995, p. D3)."

"What many do not realize, is that Farrakhan has repeated this doctrine for more than 35 years! Indeed, Farrakhan's UFO "vision" is an inseparable, doctrinal link to the heretical claims of Elijah Muhammad. Elijah explained that blacks were originally, "moon people" and that the UFO "mother wheel" was piloted by 13 youths who perpetually orbited the earth, waiting to unleash global destruction on whites, while rescuing all blacks. Farrakhan to this day, teaches this same doctrine- his inspiration for the Million Man March..."

"Most importantly, Farrakhan has to find a new way to pay for his and his family's ornate palaces in Chicago and Phoenix, his Lexus, Mercedes, Rolls Royce and Lincoln Town Cars, a Mexican villa, a new 77-acre Michigan estate and over $1.5 million dollars in unpaid back taxes. This is the reason he had an $11 registration fee, a $3.99 per minute 900 number for call-in registration (Average call is three minutes), a $700 vendor's fee, (reduced from $1000), and even ads in his newspaper soliciting for "donations" to "help defray the astronomical costs of the march," in exchange for listing the donor's name and city under appropriate categories (Platinum, Gold, etc.): $1000 or more (Platinum), $500 or more (Gold), $100 or more (Silver), $25 or more (Patron) not to mention $2 "special issues" of his 'Final Call' newspaper. Louis. A true high-tech con-man. You want to see Louie's real vison?: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$."