Do people who are atheist/agnostic fear religious people ?

When has the government ever tried to establish a religion? I'd say... hmmm... NEVER, so there is nothing there to silence.

And I'm certain that if tomorrow government decided to put Allah all over coins, dollar bills, in the pledge of allegiance, in city halls and if government set up special celebrations for Ashura (a muslim holiday) you'd sit back and have no problem with it.

I'm absolutely certain of that.............................................................

Our coins already have allah, another word for god, all over them.

By putting God/Allah/Jehova/ect on the coin it does not establish a government religion.

Is it the muslim god, the catholic god, the baptist god, the jewish god, the protestant god....just who's god and religion does the government establish by saying "In God we Trust" on currency?

I know allah and god mean the same thing, but my point still stands. If god were replaced with allah, people in this country would have a meltdown, as well as my point if government gave the same attention to Ashura that it gives Christmas.

It's establishing that it believes in a god. I don't really care that much, our government is in a free fall with 78378913547364214756 things to fix before that.

You mean the theory of evolution? Lulz. And you call yourself a scientist.

Priests and evangelical websites say evolution is absurd, so YWC takes their word over scientists.
Actually, the Roman Catholic Church does not say it is absurd. They are on board with evolution (with the caveat that God intended it ;)).

Lol you're right my bad my bad, I didn't mean all of them, just the particular preachers YWC listens to.

You mean like the Christian in Norway who killed over 70 kids? Or the Muslim in Fort Hood who killed about a dozen U.S. Soldiers? Or the Pope who used to ignore and absolve the German Nazi's of blame for the Holocaust? Or Zionist Jewish folks in Israel who bomb Palestinians? Or the Anglican and American preachers of the early 1800's who claimed slavery was justified?

Yes, religion is a dangerous thing in the small true believer minds of some people. I fear people who take those actions in the name of their religion, their belief system, their inhumanity to fellow man.

That said, well over 99% of the people who are religious, I would hope, are not at all like that.

You really want to go down this road. Some of your hero's were the most murderous bastards in history.

Mao,Hitler,and i believe there are a few others.

Last edited:
You mean the theory of evolution? Lulz. And you call yourself a scientist.

Priests and evangelical websites say evolution is absurd, so YWC takes their word over scientists.
Actually, the Roman Catholic Church does not say it is absurd. They are on board with evolution (with the caveat that God intended it ;)).

I don't like to attack anyones faith except evolutionist,but the Catholics placate for visitors.

I don't like to attack anyones faith except evolutionist,but the Catholics placate for visitors.
Evolution is not faith. As a "man of science" one would think that you knew that.

Lol you're right my bad my bad, I didn't mean all of them, just the particular preachers YWC listens to.

Actually, if you want the honest truth,it was the theory itself and the study of mutations that convinced me.

Clearly something you did not know much about.

You mean like the Christian in Norway who killed over 70 kids? Or the Muslim in Fort Hood who killed about a dozen U.S. Soldiers? Or the Pope who used to ignore and absolve the German Nazi's of blame for the Holocaust? Or Zionist Jewish folks in Israel who bomb Palestinians? Or the Anglican and American preachers of the early 1800's who claimed slavery was justified?

Yes, religion is a dangerous thing in the small true believer minds of some people. I fear people who take those actions in the name of their religion, their belief system, their inhumanity to fellow man.

That said, well over 99% of the people who are religious, I would hope, are not at all like that.

You really want to go down this road. Some of your hero's were the most murderous bastards in history.

Before I thought you were a nice person who just happened to be stupid, this post proves you're a jerk who happens to be stupid.

Me sharing a view of whether or not a god exists means I view them as my heros? Since you and Hitler both don't think unicorns exist, is he your hero? Which it's VERY debateable that Hitler didn't believe in a god, but that's not something that needs to be gotten into, as I don't care if he did or didn't.

Before I thought you were a nice person who just happened to be stupid, this post proves you're a jerk who happens to be stupid.

Me sharing a view of whether or not a god exists means I view them as my heros? Since you and Hitler both don't think unicorns exist, is he your hero? Which it's VERY debateable that Hitler didn't believe in a god, but that's not something that needs to be gotten into, as I don't care if he did or didn't.

You're in for a rude awakening Doc.

Hey i am a nice guy but this forum has brought out,well not the best in me.

I'm very confident the overwhelming majority of people in my geology, biology and anthropology courses were believers.

Thankfully, most educated christians (and probably uneducated ones too) dont' take issue with basic science like evolution the way you do.

This person had it coming Doc.

I'm very confident the overwhelming majority of people in my geology, biology and anthropology courses were believers.

Thankfully, most educated christians (and probably uneducated ones too) dont' take issue with basic science like evolution the way you do.

Because most don't know enough about the theory to see how offensive it is to the creator.

They surely don't know enough about it to know why it didn't happen as the text books teach.

See, your problem is that you are using your faith to argue with one who doesn't share your faith. It's as effective as arguing with someone whose favorite color is yellow and you want them to love your favorite color, blue.

That is idiotic because of its futility. So, because you aren't making headway along that path, you attempt a lame guilt by association. That's illogical and a colossal fail on your part.

Why is it so important to you that he believes as you do? What the hell is up with that? Have you ever, EVER, practiced 'live and let live'?

Or, are you just one of those authoritarian control freaks I spoke about in another thread?

Because most don't know enough about the theory to see how offensive it is to the creator.

They surely don't know enough about it to know why it didn't happen as the text books teach.
You know what 'the creator' finds offensive?

So you're admitting your comment about Mao and Hitler being my heros was incredibly idiotic and rude, right?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back