Do people who are atheist/agnostic fear religious people ?

Not at all.
Only reason why I do what I do is because I'm fighting back for the rights this country intended to give us. Those who are religious have made it a priority of theirs to deny people (such as gays) their equal rights. Religious groups/people spread hate about gays, make false claims about gays, lie blindly about gays, and teach their children to hate gays. Then you hear complaining from religious people about the internet, saying that the free flow of information (the truth) is accessible by their children and how it "forces" them to make their OWN choices.

I constantly look down at those who are religious and do these things.
And hell, if you want to start something, be my guest.

My vote is YES.

I dont think its fear.

Some athiests feel its their right to silence religious groups but they are mistaken. The first ammendment does not give us freedom FROM religion but the freedom OF religion.

This means that athiests are as free to not believe without the government penalizing them for it just as christians are free to believe in christianity without government hassle as are Jewsish and Muslim peoples.

Why do you think they fear religious people?

I like most religious people, the same with how I like most non-religious people.

I mean the picketing type you see outside sporting events and other places are scary looking, but they're usually the skinny nerdy type so it's not like they could hurt you.

So No is my answer.

My vote is YES.

I dont think its fear.

Some athiests feel its their right to silence religious groups but they are mistaken. The first ammendment does not give us freedom FROM religion but the freedom OF religion.

This means that athiests are as free to not believe without the government penalizing them for it just as christians are free to believe in christianity without government hassle as are Jewsish and Muslim peoples.

What atheists want religious groups silenced? The only aspect of religion I've heard some atheists wanting silenced is the government establishment of religion, as the Constitution states.

Some do. Some dont. Painting any group of people with a broad brush like that is foolishness because it loses the truth.

My vote is YES.

No, some of us get annoyed when they want prayer in schools, or unsupported non-science like creationism in science classrooms or complain about being persecuted in a country they tend to wield a lot of power and influence.

Some also like to critique something that got a pass for many centuries and put it under scrutiny seeing the enormous influence and effect it's had on our culture.

My vote is YES.

I dont think its fear.

What atheists want religious groups silenced? The only aspect of religion I've heard some atheists wanting silenced is the government establishment of religion, as the Constitution states.

Some of them do, not all. Have you seen some of the athiest billboards attacking christians and their message and the ones promoting the silencing of talk of christmas?

Im sure there are some in google search if you want to look.

My vote is YES.

I dont think its fear.

When has the government ever tried to establish a religion? I'd say... hmmm... NEVER, so there is nothing there to silence.

I dont think its fear.

When has the government ever tried to establish a religion? I'd say... hmmm... NEVER, so there is nothing there to silence.

I can safely say our federal government has not tried to establish a religion.....prove me wrong please I would love to know im wrong.

I dont think its fear.

Some of them do, not all. Have you seen some of the athiest billboards attacking christians and their message and the ones promoting the silencing of talk of christmas?

Im sure there are some in google search if you want to look.

Their actually not that bad, as far as billboards go. None of them wanna silence Christmas, the closest it gets is calling the birth of Jesus a myth, and doing a bait and switch with Mithras.

Do you have any links to ones that promote silencing talk of Christmas and overtly attack Christians?

As an added note, there are several anti-atheist billboards out there, and some vandalizing of atheist billboards.

I dont think its fear.

And I'm certain that if tomorrow government decided to put Allah all over coins, dollar bills, in the pledge of allegiance, in city halls and if government set up special celebrations for Ashura (a muslim holiday) you'd sit back and have no problem with it.

I'm absolutely certain of that.............................................................

Religion doesn't particularly bother me, except when adherents demand consessions from the rest of us, or insist on curtailing other people's freedoms because their imaginary friend told them to.

I vote no. What's to fear? A belief? An idea? It's only when those thoughts materialize into regimes and organizations with the intent of causing others harm, and in the times it does reach that point, it's not the religion that should be feared.

Religion doesn't particularly bother me, except when adherents demand consessions from the rest of us, or insist on curtailing other people's freedoms because their imaginary friend told them to.

Oh, yes, THAT too! I forgot about the bible thumpers who condemn gay folks, railed against inter-racial marriage. Oh, and then there are the parents of the Church of Christ in Oregon City, Oregon, who don't believe in providing medical care to sick children.

There's a lot more to fear from some very religious people than I initially thought about.
EXACTLY. That's why I started this thread.:clap2:

And I'm certain that if tomorrow government decided to put Allah all over coins, dollar bills, in the pledge of allegiance, in city halls and if government set up special celebrations for Ashura (a muslim holiday) you'd sit back and have no problem with it.

I'm absolutely certain of that.............................................................

Our coins already have allah, another word for god, all over them.

By putting God/Allah/Jehova/ect on the coin it does not establish a government religion.

Is it the muslim god, the catholic god, the baptist god, the jewish god, the protestant god....just who's god and religion does the government establish by saying "In God we Trust" on currency?

Not at all.
Only reason why I do what I do is because I'm fighting back for the rights this country intended to give us. Those who are religious have made it a priority of theirs to deny people (such as gays) their equal rights. Religious groups/people spread hate about gays, make false claims about gays, lie blindly about gays, and teach their children to hate gays. Then you hear complaining from religious people about the internet, saying that the free flow of information (the truth) is accessible by their children and how it "forces" them to make their OWN choices.

I constantly look down at those who are religious and do these things.
And hell, if you want to start something, be my guest.

Really, Religous groups hate gay's ? we may not care for women on women or men on men but we realize they're human beings with feelings just like us. We all do things that are offensive to someone that is HOLY beyond our comprehension.

My family and I just spent a weekend with my Gay sister and her mate. We had a get together with many of their friends,and had a great time with them. By the way,most of their friends are gay, it was fun. The kicker is many of them were Christians as well. Why would they be Christians,people of faith if they were being treated badly by religious people ?

My vote is YES.

No, some of us get annoyed when they want prayer in schools, or unsupported non-science like creationism in science classrooms or complain about being persecuted in a country they tend to wield a lot of power and influence.

Some also like to critique something that got a pass for many centuries and put it under scrutiny seeing the enormous influence and effect it's had on our culture.

Like your absurd theory is more credible :lol:

Forum List

Back