Do owners benefit from offshoring?

EdwardBaiamonte

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2011
no, because competitors move off shore too thus competition drives profit down to where it was in the USA. A seemingly simple point, but nevertheless, well above the liberal IQ, sadly.

It gives an advantage to big business, who can have an entire department within their corporations dedicated to acquiring Letter of Credits for the overseas purchases and also an entire team of Americans parked in the foreign nation to oversea the production and quality control of the manufacturer making their goods.

So this advantage hurts the small businesses that operate solely here in the USA without the ability to go overseas themselves for cheaper goods....and they accounted for 80% of our employers at one time....probably less now, and even lesser as time goes on.

Also, every job that moves overseas, is a job lost in the USA.... that isn't good for anyone, in the LONG RUN.

So this advantage hurts the small businesses that operate solely here in the USA without the ability to go overseas.

dear, anybody that needs to go overseas to be competitive will. Even tiny start ups. I just read an article about guys with a startup that made sustainable ski poles out of bamboo that they were sourcing in China.
Try again dear.

Your premise is as empty as saying investments in technology don't benefit owners, because everyone else invests in technology and the advantage is short lived. Investments and offshoring benefit the first-mover owners with a short lived advantage. It benefits the late-mover owners by keeping them competitive.

Ed, if you had any actual entrepreneurial experience, you would understand this.

It gives an advantage to big business, who can have an entire department within their corporations dedicated to acquiring Letter of Credits for the overseas purchases and also an entire team of Americans parked in the foreign nation to oversea the production and quality control of the manufacturer making their goods.

So this advantage hurts the small businesses that operate solely here in the USA without the ability to go overseas themselves for cheaper goods....and they accounted for 80% of our employers at one time....probably less now, and even lesser as time goes on.

Also, every job that moves overseas, is a job lost in the USA.... that isn't good for anyone, in the LONG RUN.

It also gives them quite a large tax haven.

Hutch, explain the tax haven please.
I'm not certain on this, but I believe I read at one time, that if the American Company creates a subsidiary overseas, and puts or leaves their company profits there, instead of bringing them home, their profit is not taxed.

And what this does is keep companies searching for the next foreign place to make their goods....to avoid taxes by using this loophole....a loophole that makes US Citizen workers appear and be, more expensive...when it truly isn't worker salaries in the USA, but the new tax loop hole of...when manufacturing in foreign countries, their profits are not taxed.

I could be wrong on this so I will let Hutch or anyone else, correct me!!!

Your premise is as empty as saying investments in technology don't benefit owners, because everyone else invests in technology and the advantage is short lived. Investments and offshoring benefit the first-mover owners with a short lived advantage. It benefits the late-mover owners by keeping them competitive.

Ed, if you had any actual entrepreneurial experience, you would understand this.

dear, please think before you post!! I got my patents to legalize a competitive technological advantage and, in effect, higher profits for 20 years. Merely moving production to China for the same cheap labor available to all competitors yields no competitive advantage or additional profits but does lower price to customers.
Now do you understand??

I'm not certain on this, but I believe I read at one time, that if the American Company creates a subsidiary overseas, and puts or leaves their company profits there, instead of bringing them home, their profit is not taxed.

And what this does is keep companies searching for the next foreign place to make their goods....to avoid taxes by using this loophole....a loophole that makes US Citizen workers appear and be, more expensive...when it truly isn't worker salaries in the USA, but the new tax loop hole of...when manufacturing in foreign countries, their profits are not taxed.

You are correct!

You are correct!

US companies pay corporate tax in the country where money is earned, then if they bring profits home they pay the US tax too( highest tax in the world).

This is obviously very very stupid and liberal since it drives companies and jobs off shore and keeps them there.

The obvious solution is to eliminate the tax so American corporations would come home with their money and jobs, and so foreign corporations would come here too with their money and jobs.

Liberals are very very stupid and Marxist and so hell bent on punishing our corporations so they stupidly drive them away.

dear, please think before you post!! I got my patents to legalize a competitive technological advantage and, in effect, higher profits for 20 years. Merely moving production to China for the same cheap labor available to all competitors yields no competitive advantage or additional profits but does lower price to customers.
Now do you understand??

Besides you being an asshole, MBAs need...
Employees...
[] who don't talk back
[] who are too scared shitless to call in sick or go home without permission,
[]who will never retire but be fired when they're too old.

I presume, probably erroneously, that you fully understand that companies want to eliminate, as best as possible, Cost of Operations.
But you are too much of an idiot to understand that.

companies want to eliminate, as best as possible, Cost of Operations.
yes and by moving to China they reduce labor costs but then competition forces them to lower prices so there is no net benefit to stock holders.

Now do you understand??

You are correct!

US companies pay corporate tax in the country where money is earned, then if they bring profits home they pay the US tax too( highest tax in the world).

This is obviously very very stupid and liberal since it drives companies and jobs off shore and keeps them there.

The obvious solution is to eliminate the tax so American corporations would come home with their money and jobs, and so foreign corporations would come here too with their money and jobs.

Liberals are very very stupid and Marxist and so hell bent on punishing our corporations so they stupidly drive them away.

I thought there was no benefit.

companies want to eliminate, as best as possible, Cost of Operations.
yes and by moving to China they reduce labor costs but then competition forces them to lower prices so there is no net benefit to stock holders.

Now do you understand??

I explained that in my last post.
MBAs are NOT logical, they are PURE ego.
They take the credit for anything that succeeds and blame everyone around them when their own idea failed.
MBAs have access to the top of the pyramid and shit flows down.

But what happens in YOUR scenario is that profits fall and more employees in the US and Europe are laid off.
Eventually, so many people are laid off, and, via the Internet, people become aware of the charade.
And Trump Becomes President.

Forum List

Back