Do overs...

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
If it were possible for you to suddenly become 20 years old again, and you had your whole life to live over, what career would you choose if anything you wanted to do to earn a living was possible for you to do?

I'd want to be a photographer for the National Geographic. What about you?

Hahaa...these are the things we think of while trying to go to sleep eh?

You know...I don't know.
I have a solid career, but I work too much, and stress is a part of the industry I am in.
I have not had to worry one iota about paying bills, or do we have the money this week to go downtown for the weekend etc...and that is good.
But that comes at a price. And there is a lot to say for simplicity...and that is one thing I do not have.
With this economy, like most everyone else - I have been working twice as hard for considerably less money. I have to fight tooth and nail to keep the clients I have, and forget about new business...new business is non-existent, any new accounts you get are simply someone elses old one.
Aye - today the winners are the ones who manage to take someone else's revenue source, while they were trying to take yours.
And this is not fun, and not very admirable.

I think I would try and find a job in the government, where you can work 1/3 as hard as the private sector, get magnificent benefits...and retire sooner.

If I were to start over, I would be either an architect (residential) or mechanical engineer.

I would likely never have married.
I would have bought about 5K worth of Microsoft when it first came out. And retired comfortably at about 40.

Last edited:
I'd have to go back further than 20 years to amend my fuck-ups.

35 years ago I would have turned down the offer to take over the family business and gone to work in marketing for one of the big 3 auto co's. Then, not get married (but keep the not yet born kids :D).

Actually I would just have to go back a week and buy a powerball ticket since I now know the winning numbers.

If it were possible for you to suddenly become 20 years old again, and you had your whole life to live over, what career would you choose if anything you wanted to do to earn a living was possible for you to do?

I would have a career in the music industry. :eusa_boohoo: Preferably as a singer.

Talking about going back in time, or being 20 starting right now? Cause, like uscitizen, I'm fixing to be a rich sumbitch on a little gambling. Anybody wanna take bets on the Astros making the series in '05?

Last edited:
I always wanted to be a lumberjack!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zey8567bcg]YouTube - Lumber jack song[/ame]

I would have a career in the music industry. :eusa_boohoo: Preferably as a singer.

Could I be the guy that sells your CD's and T-shirts and other stuff?

Lots of regrets and fuck ups, but I cannot imagine life without my kids.
Any do overs alters everything, including them, so, on further reflection.....no thanks.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back