Do Our Genes Determine Our Political Leanings?

Interesting hypothesis.

What of the Liberal who feels threatened by the Tea Partier?
Threatened in what way?

Umm get pushed to the ground by 3 big guys and then have your head stomped on?
Not my idea of a fun thing.

a perfect example of a whiney child turning out to be a right winger.
If the cops had show up quicker, my bad back caused it all, etc...

Last edited:
I am friendly to all, but my true friends are a small number. Always have had a sixth sense about people. If I get a bad feeling about them the first time I meet them, it rarely has proven to be a good relationship long term.

Acquitances are an entirely different category in my opinion.

Interesting hypothesis.

What of the Liberal who feels threatened by the Tea Partier?
Threatened in what way?

By the percieved racism, intolerance, anti-Liberal ideas, etc.

Justin,

Because I'm White I admittedly am not as sensitive to indications of racism and intolerance as Blacks might be, therefore I do not feel threatened by them. But I would like you to be more specific about the "anti-Liberal" ideas you've mentioned.

What anti-Liberal ideas do you believe are threatening? I'd like to know if I harbor any of those ideas.

Threatened in what way?

By the percieved racism, intolerance, anti-Liberal ideas, etc.

Justin,

Because I'm White I admittedly am not as sensitive to indications of racism and intolerance as Blacks might be, therefore I do not feel threatened by them. But I would like you to be more specific about the "anti-Liberal" ideas you've mentioned.

What anti-Liberal ideas do you believe are threatening? I'd like to know if I harbor any of those ideas.

I think my original comment has been taken out of context. I was trying to make a point in rebuttal to Truthmatter's accusation that Conservatives are afraid of everything.

Liberals feel equally threatened by conservative movements. That's the point I was trying to make.

I have always wondered just why I have chosen to have few friends while in school and in adulthood. My best friends were always one in a pack of acquaintances, while I chose only one or two to be good friends with. That continues to this day, as I prefer only one friend or just myself. I guess [and of course there are exceptions], if there is anything to this article, it is because I am a Conservative.

"A friend to many is a friend to none?"

A snip from the article:

"It is the crucial interaction of two factors -- the genetic predisposition and the environmental condition of having many friends in adolescence -- that is associated with being more liberal,” according to the study.

Scientists Find 'Liberal Gene' | NBC San Diego

That's the dumbest thing I've seen in a while. I grew up with some guys who today are front and center in the conservative movement. Some of them werre the most popular guys in school. So, my experience, says if there is a conservative gene, we haven't found it yet because associations don't seem to determine anything. I also know liberals who don't have a bunch of friends and/or associates.

Forum List

Back