Do or Die for the republican party

DKSuddeth

Oct 20, 2003
North Texas
I've watched and listened to whats going on in the house, senate, even the state levels of GOV and an alarming situation has started to develop. Current Fiscal issues are coming to a head and theres two paths coming and neither look very welcoming at this point.

1) by accumulating an even greater majority of republicans coming into power throughout these branches of gov we're going to end up with two things.....nearly ALL social services are going to end because of the huge deficit spending that is currently happening and millions of people are going to be on the streets. Think of history and look back to what it was during the depression era, only about half as bad though......AND we're going to end up with an even more pronounced class system whereby we have the haves, the almost haves, and the have nots. What I mean by that is we'll have our wealthy class who will be able to control all aspects of society, including how important people are simply by how much money they have. If anyone has seen the Titanic movie you can think of the coming society as first, second, and third class.

2) The deficits are not going to reduce themselves because the current policies of the republican majority will either not come to fruition OR america will become disgusted with the soon to sour economy and credit worthiness of the country and reduce the republicans back to the period they were in 40 years ago. When that happens we'll start the pendulum swinging the other way again and hear MORE rhetoric about how democrats are just 'tax and spend' liberals as the Dems try THEIR approach at fixing the economy and reducing the deficit.

In short, unless the current economic policy benefits EVERYONE financially...we're screwed to repeat another cycle of bullshit.

my opinion.

Don't forget, the sky is falling too!

No one can define how important you are unless you let them.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Don't forget, the sky is falling too!

No one can define how important you are unless you let them.

RWA, your rosy outlook is only surpassed by the distance you have your head up Bush's ass, and I mean that with complete respect for you.

I've seen enough of your posts to know that I could tell you the sun rises in the east and bush could say it rises in the west and you'd accuse me of revisionist history and liberal stupidity by listening to the liberal biased mass media.

Therefore, your replies to this will summarily be ignored UNLESS you can show me with facts, analysis, and proven documentation that high deficits with tax cuts and continues drunken sailor spending is going to be GOOD for the country (all of us, not just the fascist corporate elitist

I might suggest that those concerned with the economy take a look at the overwhelming evidence out there proving that Bush's term has seen more benefit and growth than any in recent years. The fault of the bleak circumstances of recent years lays solely on the shoulders of those who decided that it's okay to raise taxes only to give that money to those who aren't required to contribute. And those who think it's okay to "bend the rules" when it comes to morals and legality. President Bush is the only president, to my knowledge, to have gone after so many dishonest corporations and corporate leaders. His is the first administration of which I am aware to make it abundently clear that morality had better return to our country.

Mind you, on "social services" and compassion, my Pres and I differ. Doing away with welfare and food stamps is far preferable than stealing the money out of my pocket to support others. Personally, and I know I'm out on a limb here, but there are so few people who truly need welfare that the entire system could cease to exist and I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep. At the very least those people should be cleaning the streets, buildings and my house. They should be cooking taxpayers dinner every night and washing our cars. They should be doing something to earn their living, not be allowed to continue mooching off of us.

For your edification, I don't think that Kerry would be good for the economy either. Tax, tax, tax...I cannot afford another stupid tax.

http://www.georgewbush.com/TVAds/

I might suggest that those concerned with the economy take a look at the overwhelming evidence out there proving that Bush's term has seen more benefit and growth than any in recent years. The fault of the bleak circumstances of recent years lays solely on the shoulders of those who decided that it's okay to raise taxes only to give that money to those who aren't required to contribute. And those who think it's okay to "bend the rules" when it comes to morals and legality. President Bush is the only president, to my knowledge, to have gone after so many dishonest corporations and corporate leaders. His is the first administration of which I am aware to make it abundently clear that morality had better return to our country.

While it certainly is noticable that corporate profits and shareholders investments are experiencing robust increases, it doesn't benefit the working class. Job growth is still admittedly lagging, further than once thought even, hence my initial argument about a further seperation of classes. President Bush does have my support in the way that he's gone after corporate corruption the way that he has, despite the fact that it was politically motivated.

Mind you, on "social services" and compassion, my Pres and I differ. Doing away with welfare and food stamps is far preferable than stealing the money out of my pocket to support others. Personally, and I know I'm out on a limb here, but there are so few people who truly need welfare that the entire system could cease to exist and I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep. At the very least those people should be cleaning the streets, buildings and my house. They should be cooking taxpayers dinner every night and washing our cars. They should be doing something to earn their living, not be allowed to continue mooching off of us.

We are more in agreement than you might think Moi. Too many times I've watched people come in to the grocery store and use food stamps to buy groceries wearing their fancy clothes, leather trenchcoats, and expensive jewelry then go out to their BMW after they are done. welfare reform needs to be even tighter than it is now or has been in the past. Social Security is another matter altogether. I have a retired grandmother who, if it wasn't for one of her sons living with her, she'd lose her house because her SS is so little. Top that off with medicare that most likely will not save her any money and I'm glad that she's over 80 and won't see a serious decline in benefits before her time here is over. cooking the dinners and washing cars is not feasible as that could be considered slave labor, but I see no reason why they can't run lesser government (city) functions like homeless shelters and food banks and such. trash pickup along highways would be good also.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
While it certainly is noticable that corporate profits and shareholders investments are experiencing robust increases, it doesn't benefit the working class. Job growth is still admittedly lagging, further than once thought even, hence my initial argument about a further seperation of classes. President Bush does have my support in the way that he's gone after corporate corruption the way that he has, despite the fact that it was politically motivated.

We are more in agreement than you might think Moi. Too many times I've watched people come in to the grocery store and use food stamps to buy groceries wearing their fancy clothes, leather trenchcoats, and expensive jewelry then go out to their BMW after they are done. welfare reform needs to be even tighter than it is now or has been in the past. Social Security is another matter altogether. I have a retired grandmother who, if it wasn't for one of her sons living with her, she'd lose her house because her SS is so little. Top that off with medicare that most likely will not save her any money and I'm glad that she's over 80 and won't see a serious decline in benefits before her time here is over. cooking the dinners and washing cars is not feasible as that could be considered slave labor, but I see no reason why they can't run lesser government (city) functions like homeless shelters and food banks and such. trash pickup along highways would be good also.
I disagree about helping the working class. First of all, the working classes - for those who are the so-called rich usually work too - have benefited from lower taxes. I'm not going to take up another thread with the statistics that I and several others have provided elsewhere about manufacturing being up, about jobs, etc. The fact is that there is only a 5.6% unemployment rate in this country. That's a hell of a lot better percentage than the rest of the world, overall, sees. It can never be 100%.

As for social security and Medicare, well, I don't consider that welfare first of all. However, now that you mention it, it is my belief that social security should not exist. I don't believe that it is the government's responsibility to provide a retirement to anyone. That's what families are for. Since your grandmother - and mine too - contributed, I don't think we should just boot them off the dole without warning. But social security wasn't started by a republican and it wasn't started by Bush so to blame him for its failings is off base (I don't think you actually blamed him, but in a roundabout way, you've lumped it's problems at his door). Who was it that said a chicken in every pot, a car in every driveway? They should have said, a chicken in every pot and a car in every driveway after you've saved for the rainy days and retirement.

Medicare is also on my "not government's responsibility list". I cannot condone nor can I understand how it's the government's responsibility to provide health care for its citizenry. Doesn't make sense. If it has cause to provide it, it should have cause to mitigate the cost by having the power to rule over people's personal lives such as what they eat/drink, how much exercise they have, whether they have children or not, should make the decisions about who receives heroic measures and who doesn't, etc. I don't know many people who would tolerate that kind of intrusion yet they think it okay to force the government (and thus tax payers) to pay for health care. Just not right. Again, that's what families are for. And, if there wasn't such a huge amount of money being wasted by our government our pockets would have a bit more brass. If there wasn't such a lack of responsibility in this country the cost of doing business wouldn't be so high. I bet the ordinary citizen would better afford health care on their own that way.

Lastly, sadly I agree that the proponents of welfare seem to think it slave labor for recipients to earn their handout. I don't think so. They have a choice of what work to perform- they can get a job on the open market or a government job working for the money. The duties on the government job would be just like any other job...doesn't make it slave labor. All those morons out there who think it unfair to ask people to work for money ....what the hell do they think my employer gets from me in exchange for my paycheck??? Work. It's not a dirty word and I'd be thankful if the proponents of welfare would get that through their dense brains.

excelent post moi,
I completly agree it is not the buisness of the government to "Care for the soicial welfare of the body politic." In all endevours and trials. Entitilement and welfare programs are detrimental to society and are a hinderence on selfconfidence, selfrespect, and personal insentive. If you give someone money to do nothing why would they do anything at all?
I do agree with making them wor for the money, mabey hire them as cityworks workers, build roads....Jesse Jackson and Al sharpton would throw a fit to end all other fits though. I'ld love to see that
.....This is the most spendifiours, monumental, example of the repression, and subjigation of the people.....(fill in the rest you guys have heard him talk before)

Forum List

Back