Do nothing Congress

Discussion in 'Politics' started by red states rule, May 14, 2007.

1. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    The Democrats said they would put an end to the "do nothing Congress" and the partisan bickering that had stymied the institution since the 2000 election. Nancy Pelosi promised to get rid of corruption, promised an open and transparent method of governing and promised to work with the Republicans. Since the promises made in the election we have had many of the most corrupt elements of the Democratic Party placed in positions of honor and leadership, we have had the minority party blocked from working on legislation. We have had time wasted on non-binding resolutions which do nothing other than send a clear message to our enemies that we cannot be trusted to stand and fight. So what about this current Congress, where are the accomiplishments? Since the term "do nothing Congress" has already been used what are we to call this Congress? It seems they can't even satisfy the hard core left in their own party, much less the rest of America.

Current approval rating for the Dem Congress is 37.5%

2. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,982
    It will go lower. The Democrats are their own worst enemy.

3. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    Ya that non binding resolution, and their surrender bill, to tell bush Congrass is not happy with him did wonders for our troops and America. Maybe over the next 12 months they will demonstrate their skills and vote for a resolution making Captain Crunch the next treasury secretary.

4. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,098
    And on that note, I differ with you.....not that I rule it out completely, but as I have seen it, there hasn't been as corrupt of an administration or Republican congress in decades.... :(

I just don't see how the past republican congress can be beat on their overwhelming culture of corruption, cheating, swindling, quid pro quos with lobbyists, etc.

yours truely,

Nancy Pelosi :rofl:

Actually, it is me....:) Care

5. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    Republicans are accusing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi of including a provision in a water redevelopment bill that could benefit property her husband owns in San Francisco... Pelosi's measure would authorize $25 million to improve San Francisco port areas, and also would put some areas off limits to navigation so cruise ships could dock. Her investor husband gets rental income from four buildings in a nearby commercial district. Pelosi spokesman Drew Hammill said that she added the projects to the bill at the request of the Port of San Francisco and that her husband's holdings were not a consideration. It's "speculative at best" that they would benefit, Hammill said.

Feinstein wasn't exposed by any media, nor investigated for the millions upon millions she gave her husband, of course Pelosi will get away with it if her husband just "happens" to make money off this development, which he certainly will.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070507/ap_on_go_co/pelosi_water_project

6. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    whenever I see examples of the Dems leadership, I remember Pelosi's speech of "We are the party of Ethics"

:lol:

7. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,982
    How about some actual evidence of same.

8. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,098
    Retsgt,
    I don't want to on here... I have gone through it before, or rather I have read threads with link after link over the last few years and no matter what is presented, by either side, the other side denies it or refutes it with their own partisan source and quite frankly, it is disheartening and all it leads to is hatred.... and I have had just too much of that lately.

I know that's a copout, I am sorry.... maybe I can give you some other links where this has been discussed and you can go through the evidence from each side and you can make up your own mind from that....let me know and I will find them and link you... I just can only stomach "so many" partisan issues a day before I get wiped out.... :(

And I think I might be working 3 threads already on some partisan issue or another....:eusa_boohoo:

Care

9. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,982
    And of course your not partisan?

10. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572

DeLay, Cunningham, Abramoff, Libby to name four off the top of my head.