Do not count Newt Gingrich out just yet!

A Santorum win would mean Obama could stick a fork in it..because the election is done.

Romney, on the other hand, presents more a of challenge. He's completely ruthless..and chameleon like. After the primaries he can morph back into a center right centrist without missing a beat.

Kinda like the T1000..

Terminator 2: T-1000 - Search and Destroy - YouTube

Actually, it's that chameleon thing that's gonna kill him. Fucker flip flops more than a pair of shower shoes. First he was for abortion rights and health care, now he's not.

And his attempts to portray himself as a common man are his biggest Achilles heel.
He's just being a polished politician. In order to please the most people (and get the most votes) one must occasionally appear to be on both sides.

Remember the old saying.......

"Either you stand for something, or you stand for nothing".

Mittens has changed his position so many times (politician or not) that nobody knows what he stands for.

I like President-elect Newt.

He's a chubby old white guy and looks Presidential to me.

Most likely has never even touched a basketball.

How can he not win?

Last edited:
IMO, as long as this stays a four man race, Santorum has the advantage.

Here's why, based on Reagan's three-legged stool theory of the modern Republican party:

Santorum:

• Huge majority of social conservatives
  • Many fiscal conservatives
  • Many defense hawks
Romney

• Many fiscal conservatives
  • Some defense hawks
  • Few social conservatives
Gingrich

• Some Defense Hawks
  • Some Fiscal conservatives
  • Few social conservatives
Paul

• Some fiscal conservatives
  • few social conservatives
  • No defense hawks

As long as Mitt doesn't get to 1144 delegates I don't care who stays in. I'm looking forward to a brokered convention...

Here's the problem with a brokered convention.

I don't see anyone on the sidelines to draft that I believe has a better shot than Santorum or Gingrich.

Let's go through them:

Jeb Bush - Looks like a Dynasty...I'm tired of Bushs, Clintons and Kenedys.

Sarah Palin - Not enough credibility as a leader, quit her Governorship.

Mitch McDaniels - Not enough name recognition to defeat Obama.

Chris Christie - Possible, but unlikely.

Hailey Barbour - Nope.

Marco Rubio - Too young and inexperienced, needs more seasoning.

Tim Pawlenty - Nope, but if he knew then what he knows now, he would have never dropped out so early.

Anyone I left out?

Last edited:

I don't see anyone on the sidelines to draft that I believe has a better shot than Santorum or Gingrich.

Let's go through them:

Hailey Barbour - Nope.

Tim Pawlenty - Nope, but if he knew then what he knows now, he would have never dropped out so early.

Anyone I left out?

Christie won't run............he doesn't want the scrutiny.

According to this article, if Santorum takes Michigan, all bets are off for Romney. Hmm.

New [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]polling [COLOR=blue !important]shows[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] that former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum can beat Romney in Michigan -- the state where Romney was born and his father, George Romney, served three terms as governor.

Read more: If Santorum Wins Michigan, All Bets Are Off For Romney | Fox News

According to this article, if Santorum takes Michigan, all bets are off for Romney. Hmm.

New polling shows that former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum can beat Romney in Michigan -- the state where Romney was born and his father, George Romney, served three terms as governor.

Like Gore losing Tennessee, this will likely be a defining moment in the Republican Primary.

From the article:

Michigan also was one of the few states where Romney won in the 2008 primaries against John McCain. He won by nine points. Now, three years later, a new poll from Public Policy Polling (PPP) shows Santorum leading Romney by 15 points in Michigan (39 to 24). Another state poll from the American Research Group also found Santorum leading with 33 percent, Romney in second with 27 percent and Newt Gingrich in third with 21 percent.

Let's go through them:

Hailey Barbour - Nope.

Anyone I left out?

When the GOP is done sorting through all the carnage there will be one man left... Ron Paul.
At that time they'll have no choice but to give him the nomination, and then he'll blow EVERYBODY'S mind and WIN in November!
He gets the GOP/ABO vote
He gets the Indie vote
He gets the disaffected Dem vote
He gets the youth vote

Y'all may not LIKE it, but it is what it is...

When the GOP is done sorting through all the carnage there will be one man left... Ron Paul.
At that time they'll have no choice but to give him the nomination, and then he'll blow EVERYBODY'S mind and WIN in November!
He gets the GOP/ABO vote
He gets the Indie vote
He gets the disaffected Dem vote
He gets the youth vote

Y'all may not LIKE it, but it is what it is...

No. Ron Paul is batshit crazy.

Ron Paul has always been batshit crazy.

Ron Paul can't beat Obama in one state.

Even Ron Paul knows he can't get the nomination. He's just hoping to garner enough delegates to smear some of his guano on the platform.

New polling shows that former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum can beat Romney in Michigan -- the state where Romney was born and his father, George Romney, served three terms as governor.

Like Gore losing Tennessee, this will likely be a defining moment in the Republican Primary.

From the article:

Michigan also was one of the few states where Romney won in the 2008 primaries against John McCain. He won by nine points. Now, three years later, a new poll from Public Policy Polling (PPP) shows Santorum leading Romney by 15 points in Michigan (39 to 24). Another state poll from the American Research Group also found Santorum leading with 33 percent, Romney in second with 27 percent and Newt Gingrich in third with 21 percent.

If Santorum wins Michigan, it will be devastating for Romney. but I think he might because Michiganers feel betrayed by him. He promised them the moon in 2008 to save the Auto Industry, but the bailout he opposed. Which wouldn't be so bad, except the bailout- for all it's problems- worked.

The Question is, how far is the establishment willing to go to sink Santorum?

Ron Paul again. Gawd, this campaign has provided more entertainment than any other, ever, period.

I'm more worried about the fact that he seems to have more koolaid drinkers this time than last time.

Yeah, agreed. Hey, people are pissed, and for damn good reason. He provides just the right fuel for many. But there's no way in hell he'll get the GOP nod, nor would he get enough votes in the general. And he's hurting the GOP by taking it off its laser-beam messages.

Ron Paul again. Gawd, this campaign has provided more entertainment than any other, ever, period.

I'm more worried about the fact that he seems to have more koolaid drinkers this time than last time.

Yeah, agreed. Hey, people are pissed, and for damn good reason. He provides just the right fuel for many. But there's no way in hell he'll get the GOP nod, nor would he get enough votes in the general. And he's hurting the GOP by taking it off its laser-beam messages.

The GOP has laser beam messages? I wish.

Forum List

Back