Do not call list

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
I wish they would finalize this mess and put an end to these calls. Another judge has ruled the list unconstitutional, even though the house passed it yesterday 412-8 and then senate passed legislation at 95-0. I'd love to know who the 8 pricks are that voted against it.

On a different, but somewhat related note:

I've been receiving recorded messages on both of my lines at home from the "Westchester Jewish Center". Nothing like coming home and finding 3-5 minute messages left on my machine offering me their services!

I called their main number yesterday and asked to speak with the office manager. When she got on I started to tell her about this message board and gave her the URL. She asked why I called her and told her this, and I replied that I was just trying to drum up some business and thought she would be interested. She stated that she wasn't and asked what made me think she would be interested and that it was rude of me to call her unsolicited.

I then explained about the messages I was receiving and thought my soliciting for an internet site was certainly less intrusive than someone pushing their religion via the telephone. For some odd reason I heard silence on the other end and then a dial tone. I called back and had my number removed and asked not to be called again!

It is a shame when a judge can rule against 50 million people. This is what O'Reilly has been talking about how judges are taking over the country and I think he is right.

Hey, yesterday it was signed into congress that this WILL go into effect! if you go to that website now you will see that I think in October, or October 1st, this will go into effect. They ruled quickly above the damn judge and it passed. So, hurry and sign up, which I did in Florida anyway, and should anyone call after the deadline, then you can file complaint against that person/persons.

Originally posted by janeeng
Hey, yesterday it was signed into congress that this WILL go into effect! if you go to that website now you will see that I think in October, or October 1st, this will go into effect. They ruled quickly above the damn judge and it passed. So, hurry and sign up, which I did in Florida anyway, and should anyone call after the deadline, then you can file complaint against that person/persons.

A judge ruled against it and within 24 hours the House and Senate approved it to sign into law. No sooner did they approve when a 2nd judge ruled against the list. These cases will need to be overturned in appeals court before it can proceed.

no shit, guess I only caught the first stage and missed the second. Why the hell would a judge rule against this? pretty stupid that a judge would allow all these damn unwanted phone calls. Ah, guess I will continue to screen my calls, or give them the famous "babysitter" thing, or not interested and BANG!!!!

If they don't settle soon I am going to Radio Shack and get the attachement that goes on the phone that tells the caller this phone does not accept these calls, please remove my number from your list and hangs up. You just have to press a button when you here the caller.

Could u hook me up with one too! hahahahahaahha!

Will this scare away collectors as well? :) I don't want to talk to anyone! Hook me up!

While we're waiting for a resolution to this VERY popular, feel good, bipartisan bill, I've got a an idea for a fungame we can play! It's called "Jobs to give to the hundreds of thousands of soon to be unemployed experts at interrupting either dinner or sex."

I'll go first, 'cause my bathroom needs to be cleaned and I hate cleaning my bathroom. I'll pay minimum wage, pro-rated, of course to the five minutes work it should require. (It's very small...)

Originally posted by Bry
While we're waiting for a resolution to this VERY popular, feel good, bipartisan bill, I've got a an idea for a fungame we can play! It's called "Jobs to give to the hundreds of thousands of soon to be unemployed experts at interrupting either dinner or sex."

I'll go first, 'cause my bathroom needs to be cleaned and I hate cleaning my bathroom. I'll pay minimum wage, pro-rated, of course to the five minutes work it should require. (It's very small...)

I wouldn't go as far as to call them "experts". Most telemarketers are college students or those with little or no education. Of course there are exceptions to every rule, but not many in this case. Look in the paper for the ads for these places - "No experience necessary, will train".

This is not a respectable job and never has been. It's been sought after because people can sit on their lazy asses while on the telephone and get paid for it.

These calls have been annoying America for many years now. Invasion of privacy, scams (specifically on the elderly), harassment...

America has had enough of it, the people spoke up, our government listened. It'll be against the law and they'll have no choice but to abide by it. They can seek respectable employment, maybe one that even requires a bit of labor. There are far many more unemployed for other reasons that I have sympathy for, but the telemarketers will get none from me.

Hahahahah! what will Greg & Patty do? there goes Patty's Job. Greg claimed she was making over $1,000 a week - even though they had to steal for making ends meet!

BTW - he screwed John now too! haha!! told him not to deal with Greg - all over meat that Greg wanted to bad from John P. and John got it for me and never gave money. SCREWED!

Originally posted by Bry

Cry me a river Bry! They can get any number of jobs that still need to be filled. Everyone needs gas, a clean septic tank, etc. I was working for a law firm in NYC..now working at Costco. Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do to get through life. Im sure no one will be distrought afterlosing this job.

You guys are freakin' me out. I was honestly makin' fun of those irritating assholes, and here you come making me out to be a knee jerk liberal!!! I don't have the slightest idea what might have given you that impression and I PROTEST!!!

It's fun when it's not me that needs to lighten up a little.:D

Originally posted by Bry
You guys are freakin' me out. I was honestly makin' fun of those irritating assholes, and here you come making me out to be a knee jerk liberal!!! I don't have the slightest idea what might have given you that impression and I PROTEST!!!

It's fun when it's not me that needs to lighten up a little.:D

Oooops, sorry! I thought you were sincerely defending them.

Ok, back to the game then. I'll pay them $1 above minimum to come here and just stand in front of my house. Thats right, get paid to just stand there! Then I'll sneak up on my roof and shoot them mother F'ers for annoying me all those years. LOL

LOL!

I'd pay a good deal more for that high entertainment. I'm betting I could easily double my money charging admission!

Forum List

Back