Do Not Buy 'Conflict Diamonds'

Neser Boha

upgrade your gray matter
Mar 4, 2009
Nordic Bayou
What are Conflict Diamonds? (Source: UN)
Conflict diamonds are diamonds illegally traded to fund conflict in war-torn areas, particularly in central and western Africa. The United Nations (UN) defines conflict diamonds as "...diamonds that originate from areas controlled by forces or factions opposed to legitimate and internationally recognized governments, and are used to fund military action in opposition to those governments, or in contravention of the decisions of the Security Council." These diamonds are sometimes referred to as "blood diamonds."

Nowadays, only about 1% of all traded diamonds are 'conflict diamonds' thanks to the strong and long campaign during the 90s, however, I'd like to ask you to make sure when buying a diamond that it has gone through the Kimberley Process Certification System (finally put in place in 2003).

More info here: Conflict Diamonds - DiamondFacts.org

diamonds-price.jpg

I'm mentioning this now because I've been discussing engagement, wedding, and all that jazz with my boyfriend ... and this came up as a topic as well.

You're right, make sure the the big multi-nationals (like DeBeers) and the jews make all the money.

CONFLICT DIAMONDS ROCK!

In truth, anyone who pays any money at all for a genuine diamond is a fool. They are BAD investments and will bring back on return a fraction of what was paid for them, regardless of their so-called "quality" or the complexity of their cut. They are indistinguishable from CZs by anyone other than jewelers, and the market itself is artificial, since they have been stockpiled in various countries for centuries, and are not in any likelihood of running out, i.e., they're really NOT "precious" stones at all, just shiny ones. If people would wise up, there would be nothing to have a conflict over.

You're right, make sure the the big multi-nationals (like DeBeers) and the jews make all the money.

CONFLICT DIAMONDS ROCK!

Yeah, or don't buy them at all, which is the path I've chosen. No sparkly rock on my engagement ring.

That's the spirit!

And here's a tip from an old guy to you young guys.

When you meet the love of your life and are ready to pop the question, buy the biggest and most expensive diamond you can find (make sure your money is refundable) and present it to her. If she accepts it, DUMP HER IMMEDIATELY! She's nothing more than a self-centered materialistic bitch and not worthy of your time.

On the other hand, if she says something like "it's beautiful, but maybe we should put the money into something else (like the down payment on a house)", she's the ONE and you should hang onto her like there's no tommorrow.

Last edited:

CONFLICT DIAMONDS ROCK!

Yeah, or don't buy them at all, which is the path I've chosen. No sparkly rock on my engagement ring.

That's the spirit!

When you meet the love of your life and are ready to pop the question, buy the biggest and most expensive diamond you can find (make sure your money is refundable) and present it to her. If she accepts it, DUMP HER IMMEDIATELY! She's nothing more than a self-centered materialistic bitch and not worthy of your time.

On the other hand, if she says something like "it's beautiful, but maybe we should put the money into something else (like the down payment on a house)", she's the ONE and you should hang onto her like there's no tommorrow.

I made sure my boyfriend knows how I feel about diamonds. ;)

CONFLICT DIAMONDS ROCK!

That's the spirit!

My sweetheart bought us a house and paid for it before he bought me a ring.

Forum List

Back