Do Not Be Without a Gun

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
The crime channels have become quite popular on TV lately. The many shows they present, show people being beaten, raped, and in many cases killed.

Some of these attacks are shown in disturbing live footage. Others show victims, often women with scarred faces, telling their tales of horror.

The question that begs to be answered is why are these people leaving themselves unarmed and vulnerable ? Anyone who can afford to buy a gun, training, and a license, should do so, to protect themselves and their families.

To not own a gun is an irresponsible and dangerous negligence. Except in a few goofball cities like New York, it is legal to own a pistol being kept in the home, car, or place of business (even without a license).

How sad that people, even women with children, leave themselves vulnerable to the wide assortment of subhuman lowlifes, who abuse them as if it were normal activity.

You are supposed to call 911 and wait for a government paid person with a gun to come and save you.

The crime channels have become quite popular on TV lately. The many shows they present, show people being beaten, raped, and in many cases killed.

Some of these attacks are shown in disturbing live footage. Others show victims, often women with scarred faces, telling their tales of horror.

The question that begs to be answered is why are these people leaving themselves unarmed and vulnerable ? Anyone who can afford to buy a gun, training, and a license, should do so, to protect themselves and their families.

To not own a gun is an irresponsible and dangerous negligence. Except in a few goofball cities like New York, it is legal to own a pistol being kept in the home, car, or place of business (even without a license).

How sad that people, even women with children, leave themselves vulnerable to the wide assortment of subhuman lowlifes, who abuse them as if it were normal activity.
Yeah, they are stupid. My wifes high school friend is so ignorant on guns It's scary. She thinks guns just go off by themselves.

Yeah, they are stupid. My wifes high school friend is so ignorant on guns It's scary. She thinks guns just go off by themselves.

Of course guns don't just go off by themselves. It takes a childish gun nut that doesn't know or care about safety to make them go off. There is also the occasional ass-hole cop that thinks a badge gives him the right to play God.

There is far more to the art of defense than simply having a weapon. I've had guns all my life and never needed one to use against an attacker. I can think of a few times things would have went really bad if I had a gun in my hand. Some drunk bastard would be dead instead of just knocked the fuck out. Just having a gun is not the final answer to anything.

As a sane and rational LIBERAL PROGRESSIVE who can't stand trump or the right wing I AGREE WITH YOU.

As a sane and rational LIBERAL PROGRESSIVE who can't stand trump or the right wing I AGREE WITH YOU.
You cannot be that and be sane. It's impossible.

The fear and ignorance in this thread is giving me a headache. The G19 I carry every day isn't a first-response tool, it's reserved for the last resort. Most state's concealed carry laws also allow permit-holders to legally carry non-lethal weapons like OC spray, an ASP, blackjacks and saps, billy clubs and knives which would otherwise illegal for street carry, such as switchblades and other spring-loaded knives. I usually carry one or more of those, depending on where I'm going.

A handgun is not the only thing you shouldn't leave the house with: A flashlight with a brightness of about 300-400 lumens, should be a necessity. Preferable one that uses 18650 or 16340 Li-Ion batteries, not the AA or AAA type. 300 lumens is preferable because brighter lights tend to screw up your night vision. A cell phone is also a necessity.

But the best self-defense tool you can have is situational awareness. If you feel uneasy about your surroundings, un-ass the place and get the hell out of there.

Last edited:
I've lived in NY all my life and never once felt the need to carry a gun.

Of course, knowing where not to go is very important

There is a lot of fear of guns that liberals typically have . Most of them are not in occupations where guns are carried, or have any military background.

As such, they are easy prey for anti-gun do-gooders, who saturate them with anti-gun propaganda.

I've lived in NY all my life and never once felt the need to carry a gun.

Of course, knowing where not to go is very important
I was born & raised in New York City. With a license to carry a gun as a security guard, my gun saved my life more than a dozen times, on and off the job

New York has a long history of street crime, and nothing can change that.

Everyone is out to get you. Live in fear of everything and everyone.

Everyone is out to get you. Live in fear of everything and everyone.
Don't have to live fear, we have guns to protect us against you.

There is far more to the art of defense than simply having a weapon. I've had guns all my life and never needed one to use against an attacker. I can think of a few times things would have went really bad if I had a gun in my hand. Some drunk bastard would be dead instead of just knocked the fuck out. Just having a gun is not the final answer to anything.
It's amazing you're alive. When the next attacker comes at you (possibly with a weapon,), maybe you won't be.

One type of stakes that you shouldn't gamble with is your life.

It's amazing you're alive. When the next attacker comes at you (possibly with a weapon,), maybe you won't be.

One type of stakes that you shouldn't gamble with is your life.
Chances are he's a liar, and of course all progressive scum ignore old people who can't fight or run.

Forum List

Back