CDZ Do men want many women?

Never get married......its not the institution it once was...

You said it and three agreed with you.

That's sad. It's just as sad for men as it is for women, actually. Bad marriages are horrid but good marriages are good for both all the way around.

That's sad. It's just as sad for men as it is for women, actually. Bad marriages are horrid but good marriages are good for both all the way around
For every good marriage you can show me I can show you thousands of bad ones...people stuck in limitation hell...can't do this you must do that we must keep up with the Johnson's.....No thanks....I want to live my life not the life of another.....I want to travel at will and live and learn all I can before its too late...

That's sad. It's just as sad for men as it is for women, actually. Bad marriages are horrid but good marriages are good for both all the way around
For every good marriage you can show me I can show you thousands of bad ones...people stuck in limitation hell...can't do this you must do that we must keep up with the Johnson's.....No thanks....I want to live my life not the life of another.....I want to travel at will and live and learn all I can before its too late...

Well yes. Marriage means you can't put yourself first your entire life. It means you constantly have to think of another, and you should think of them first.

That's why marriage is actually godly.

The rewards are incredible however, if you have a faithful partner and etc. We know this intrinsically. It's why all the great stories are either love stories or adventure/conquering stories in the end.

Are men genetically programmed to seek multiple sexual partners more than women?

The answer I think is yes and whoever answer it already put tons and tons of sources.

The liberal said

The answer — even after the edits — is still not good. Half of it does not speak about humans, it speaks about sea lions. That is completely irrelevant here. Passages like "Women that stays in long term relationship got men that pays the bill LONGER", and "That is why emperors have harem. Women tend to want to join that harem even if that means sharing one man with many many many women and hence got far less quantity of men. I read that somewhere." is not up to Skeptics SE standards.

The following third of the answer hinges on that "want" equals "is genetically programmet to". It does not. So just because men report a larger willingness to engage in casual sex does not imply that this is genetic.

The last bit of the answer references a WebMD article that has been pointed out several times not contradicts the notion that men and women somehow are genetically different when it comes to promiscuity.

The reference to Matt Ridley — which was pointed out by T.Sal above — contradicts the claim.

The article in People is about one person writing a book, and states that the conclusions of the book are contested.

The last article in the Economist is about polygamy and war, does not even mention genetics.

So nothing in that post answers the question, and contains sexism, ad hoc conjecture, gems like "I read that somewhere".
What do you think? You think the answer is yes? Hello. Any men here?

Or you think that the leftist are right. We need more evidences?

Certain cultures prefer harams, and those cultures are inherently backward and violent.
Feminists apparently prefer a backward and violent culture. Feminists hate marriage and monogamy.
Certain cultures prefer to promote feminism's propensity towards such degeneracy.

Simple facts. Call me a nazi or whatever, the facts still stand.

Well yes. Marriage means you can't put yourself first your entire life. It means you constantly have to think of another, and you should think of them first.

The rewards are incredible however, if you have a faithful partner and etc. We know this intrinsically. It's why all the great stories are either love stories or adventure/conquering stories in the end.

Most of the greatest ‘love stories’ in adult literature are tragedies, NOT ‘and they lived happily ever after’ - that’s generally reserved for children’s fairy tales.

Please provide examples if you can, but as a former comparative literature major, I’m struggling to think of stories that fit your bill. Certainly some of the novels of the Brontes, and Austen’s novels, include pleasant pairings, but those are social commentaries that also include very harsh examples of marriage. I can’t offhand think of any serious literature by male authors that doesn’t depict love and marriage as wracked with pain and regret - aside from a few of Shakespeare’s comedies, which again while occasionally ending with an alleged happy pairing, are often also filled with negative depictions of romantic entanglements.

In all my reading of world literature, the only marriage that ever inspired me was Jane Eyre’s, and it came only after a great deal of pain.

For men, sex is a goal. For women, sex is just a means to an end goal. So men will have multiple women, to get more sex. And women will have multiple men to manage their goal. Too bad, a woman's goal takes 9 month longer to achieve than a man's, then it demands a lot of money and an assortment of attitudes from sensitive to thrilling.

Most of the greatest ‘love stories’ in adult literature are tragedies, NOT ‘and they lived happily ever after’ - that’s generally reserved for children’s fairy tales.

Please provide examples if you can, but as a former comparative literature major, I’m struggling to think of stories that fit your bill. Certainly some of the novels of the Brontes, and Austen’s novels, include pleasant pairings, but those are social commentaries that also include very harsh examples of marriage. I can’t offhand think of any serious literature by male authors that doesn’t depict love and marriage as wracked with pain and regret - aside from a few of Shakespeare’s comedies, which again while occasionally ending with an alleged happy pairing, are often also filled with negative depictions of romantic entanglements.

In all my reading of world literature, the only marriage that ever inspired me was Jane Eyre’s, and it came only after a great deal of pain.

Well that's pretty funny. You said "provide examples, but not from these authors. Oh, and not these or these or these." What?

And I did not say all love stories have happy endings, did I? I said all great stories are either love stories or adventuring/conquering stories. Can you deny this? Does the hero not want something at the start of the story? If not that's one horrid novel and is certainly not great.

Well that's pretty funny. You said "provide examples, but not from these authors. Oh, and not these or these or these." What?

And I did not say all love stories have happy endings, did I? I said all great stories are either love stories or adventuring/conquering stories. Can you deny this? Does the hero not want something at the start of the story? If not that's one horrid novel and is certainly not great.

I thought you can have novels where the victim doesn't want anything, and all the things are just happening to him. For example the Hitchcock movies.

I thought you can have novels where the victim doesn't want anything, and all the things are just happening to him. For example the Hitchcock movies.

If the action is enough then readers can sometimes overlook a hero/heroine that never makes things happen, but rather "things happen to". But the less the hero/heroine responds to events actively, the more, well, "wussy" he or she becomes. And to be honest, one can tolerate a certain amount of this in the Austen heroine (but not much, really) but not in any kind of man.

Forum List

Back