Do Liberals understand how our voting system works?

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
I ask because we have a thread where liberals are complaining because out of State college students are being denied the ability to vote in the State they attend college in. One of them even asked how deployed military voted.

If one is not a resident of a State they are living in then they vote absentee in the district they are a resident of in their HOME State.

I ask because we have a thread where liberals are complaining because out of State college students are being denied the ability to vote in the State they attend college in. One of them even asked how deployed military voted.

If one is not a resident of a State they are living in then they vote absentee in the district they are a resident of in their HOME State.

Sounds pretty simple to me, but it's better to have a knee-jerk reaction, feign faux outrage and make a scene. I guess everybody needs a hobby.

I could be wrong, but I imagine the argument would be something along the lines of considering a person lives most of the year in a given state, ought they not be considered a resident of that state, as opposed to the state from which they came?

If you RESIDE somewhere, you are a RESIDEnt of that place.

Do conservative understand how etymology works?

They think they should be able to vote where they go to school and back home (if the need arises).

Students shouldn't be able to vote. You're a fucking STUDENT for a reason. You are learning.

Turn 18. Get a job. Pay for rent. Live in the real world. Vote.

Last edited:

In our own county seat, also the home of Indiana University, students have had the vote since the 60s. There hasn't been a Republican Mayor since then; before, of course, there were.

The know that man. They are just taking yet another chance to distort the facts and make it look like the Big Bad Evil Right is trying to stop people from voting, when in truth they are simply trying to make sure the Laws are followed, and people are voting only in the districts they reside in.

Why following the law makes it harder to bus people around to flood ballot boxes, I mean if you can only vote in one place, then how will you ever cast more than one vote.

Know what I mean!

lol

The left on this board is clearly getting very desperate trying to make something out of nothing with this story.

They think they should be able to vote where they go to school and back home (if the need arises).

Students shouldn't be able to vote. You're a fucking STUDENT for a reason. You are learning.

We're talking about college students who are already 18 years old, and who have the constitutional right to vote. :cuckoo:

In our own county seat, also the home of Indiana University, students have had the vote since the 60s. There hasn't been a Republican Mayor since then; before, of course, there were.

if said students legal residences are there, and they registered to vote there. Then they can. The issue in the story that brought this up. Is Basically Democrats not wanting people to have to show their ID which is how you Verify someones Legal Residence. Why else would you be opposed to showing ID to vote. The only reasons I can think of are that making people show ID makes it very hard to cheat the system. Have people vote in multiple Places, and have people like Illegals with no ID vote as well.

So in essence what you have is Democrats fighting something that will help fight Fraud in our election process, and attempting to paint it as them Fighting big mean Republicans who don't want students to be able to vote at all. Which is of course a complete load of BS, In other words. Par for the course for Liberal poster on this board.

Not at all surprising this post is coming from Ravi. She is the queen of finding some trumped up BS on a far left web site. Not really understanding it, and screaming from the rooftops what ever it is the Site told her to Scream.

Ravi do you really think they are trying to stop them to vote, simply because they want them to verify their identity, and vote WHERE they reside.

Geesh.

Last edited:

We're talking about college students who are already 18 years old, and who have the constitutional right to vote. :cuckoo:

No, I'm talking about a bunch of mommy boys and girls living off daddy's money in some fantasy world being influenced by leftist propaganda and commie professors who have no idea what getting a job and living in the real world even is.

I don't know about all liberals, but I do know that Ravi has no idea how anything in the real world works. She's clueless about science, work, economics, history, the law, democracy, human rights and I suspect quite a few other things as well. I don't know who keeps her locked away from the world, but they should be ashamed of themselves for letting her brain shrivel from disuse.

if said students legal residences are there, and they registered to vote there. Then they can. The issue in the story that brought this up. Is Basically Democrats not wanting people to have to show their ID which is how you Verify someones Legal Residence. Why else would you be opposed to showing ID to vote. The only reasons I can think of are that making people show ID makes it very hard to cheat the system. Have people vote in multiple Places, and have people like Illegals with no ID vote as well.

So in essence what you have is Democrats fighting something that will help fight Fraud in our election process, and attempting to paint it as them Fighting big mean Republicans who don't want students to be able to vote at all. Which is of course a complete load of BS, In other words. Par for the course for Liberal poster on this board.

Colleges issue ID cards. If one is attending attending a college, then they probably live there, pay sales taxes, etc.

Maybe they just don't like people who are college educated...

Colleges issue ID cards. If one is attending attending a college, then they probably live there, pay sales taxes, etc.

If they are residents, then their parents must not be paying out of state tuition. Right? The way to determine their residency is to look at theirs or their parents' taxes. They can't be residents of one place for the purposes of taxes and financial aid, and residents of their university town when it's time to vote.

[...]Geesh.
There was a big debate about it; Of course there was no problem with local residents and their kids voting locally. The problem, and the debate was about the fact that these students were just there for school, not from our city, and had formal residences with their parents elsewhere, and were only mustered up to win elections for the Democrat party in our city. Once they were registered and voted, this allowed the university community to completely take over local city government; only a small minority of Republican member on the city council, and never since a mayor. Now only the rural County is a Republican enclave, and this is in most conservative state in the midwest, Indiana.

Last edited:

If they are residents, then their parents must not be paying out of state tuition. Right? The way to determine their residency is to look at theirs or their parents' taxes. They can't be residents of one place for the purposes of taxes and financial aid, and residents of their university town when it's time to vote.

Wow. That is some convoluted BS. I guess I didn't understand :p

Forum List

Back