CDZ Do "liberals" really want to ban the AR-15 ?

The answer to the OP title question is yes? Hell yes!

Expect gun sales to continue to rise. With a Hillary win and two to three liberal justice appointments, many more types of guns will be banned.

They do.

They cannot present a sound argument as to why; all of their arguments to that effect are rooted in fallacious appeals to emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

No "sound" argument is needed if pictures of assault type rifle victims are dis[played as vividly as those displayed by abortion protestors or the gory scenes of traffic fatalities shown in high school driver's ed classes.
If it were your brother killed in Orlando or your daughter killed in Newtown, would you really want pictures of their mutilated dead bodies ogled by millions of people in perpetuity? I guess if you really believed in fighting against guns, you might, but most family members just couldn't abide that.
You are missing the fact that a precedent has been set. You've seen the mutilated bodies of traffic accident victims in high school drivers ed classes. You've seen the RW anti-abortion graphics showing mutilated bodies of fetuses or babies displayed openly for all to see. Can it be that liberals are too civil to reciprocate with images of mass carnage wrought by SEMI AUTOMATIC WEAPONS? The right certainly had no such inhibitions when showing their anti-abortion graphics.
Those were fetuses, unborn and unnamed. No one would recognize one as theirs. BTW, I never saw the mutilated bodies of traffic accident victims in drivers' ed, either. This has nothing to do with being political or liberal. You show a picture of my Dad or my brother dead on the ground, after they've been riddled with bullets, to sensationalize your cause, I'd be pretty darned tempted to shoot YOU. (Not really, never owned a gun--but it would not be acceptable.)
I cannot disagree with your logic and sympathies. But photographs can be partially blurred in a way to obscure the faces or part of the faces of the victims. Approval would have to be obtained from any relatives of the victims and they should also be able to review the pics before they are published to ensure identities of the victims are obscured.. Before any of that occurs, the relatives must be told of the motives and purpose of publicizing these photos: to gain public sympathies for banning semi-automatic weapons. I don't believe many would turn the proposal down if they thought it would help.

Forum List

Back