Do I sound paranoid?

inquisitive

Feb 6, 2009
Just curious if other ppl think this way,or if I need to pull back from the news.

Today i went into a part of town that is considered ''one of the not so nice'' neighborhoods/towns. I pulled in to the gas station to get gas, i rode up on the opposite side of my gas tank waiting for this lady to leave, so i could be on the right side. As she left i was turning to get that spot.....just so happened there was a guy who didn't see me waiting and he drove up to. I knew he was going for the spot but i was there first and kept driving. He gave me the 'you bish look' and parked on the other side. He didn't get out of the car right away,and the first thing i thought was, what if he has a gun or weapon and tries to get back at me, so i stayed in the car until he got out. Of course he eyed me as he walked straight into the conv/store. As i was pumping gas i kept looking behind me to see if he was coming out.

After that i went to another store(it's located in a shopping plaza of sorts where they have a few barber shops auto zone, beauty supply etc), i guess i was still on high alert b/c it carried over. This place had a lot of mexicans and the guys just stare like they are going to do something. I wanted to just go back to my car and get out of there. I didn't b/c i knew i was over-reacting, but i couldn't get in the door away from the people fast enough. At one point i thought i was being followed.

So paranoid, or normal?

Just curious if other ppl think this way,or if I need to pull back from the news.

Today i went into a part of town that is considered ''one of the not so nice'' neighborhoods/towns. I pulled in to the gas station to get gas, i rode up on the opposite side of my gas tank waiting for this lady to leave, so i could be on the right side. As she left i was turning to get that spot.....just so happened there was a guy who didn't see me waiting and he drove up to. I knew he was going for the spot but i was there first and kept driving. He gave me the 'you bish look' and parked on the other side. He didn't get out of the car right away,and the first thing i thought was, what if he has a gun or weapon and tries to get back at me, so i stayed in the car until he got out. Of course he eyed me as he walked straight into the conv/store. As i was pumping gas i kept looking behind me to see if he was coming out.

After that i went to another store(it's located in a shopping plaza of sorts where they have a few barber shops auto zone, beauty supply etc), i guess i was still on high alert b/c it carried over. This place had a lot of mexicans and the guys just stare like they are going to do something. I wanted to just go back to my car and get out of there. I didn't b/c i knew i was over-reacting, but i couldn't get in the door away from the people fast enough. At one point i thought i was being followed.

So paranoid, or normal?

More than likely you were showing fear, whether you realized it or not. Predators (perps) key in on that and mark you as easy prey. If you stay alert and exude confidence generally you'll be left alone. One trick is when you think someone is "marking you" and they are close enough, look them in the eye, smile and say hello. It frequently throws them off balance and makes you familiar to them, it's a good "disarming" technique and most of the time they'll leave you alone.
Once again the best thing is ALWAYS be aware of your surroundings and exude (show) ease and confidence, where ever you are.

So paranoid, or normal?

Nothing wrong with a little apprehension. It's always good to be aware of what's going on around you.

Nothing wrong with keeping your eyes open, but Mexicans (or Hispanics, or blacks, or whatever) don't scare me and I've never had trouble regardless of what part of town I'm in.

Though I was treated to listening to a 45 or 50 year old piece of shit in the waiting room of the district DHS office screaming at one of the SWEETEST (male, Hispanic) support staffers we have yesterday. "YOU WORK FOR ME ASSHOLE!" he kept saying, while our poor guy was, "Sir, please don't talk to me like that."

I wanted to say, "No, he doesn't work for you, you're here trying to get a welfare check. He works for the people of this country who have actually paid taxes at sometime in their lives, and on the dime of all the members of his and my family who have paid taxes all their lives. Besides which, we have a boss, and it ISN'T you."

I didn't. I let my boss handle it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back