Do I smell fear?

Oh yes,this is the interview where Kerry says he hasn't had time for a national security briefing!!! I would smell fear too if I had to go against Dick Cheney. Edwards is charming,but he will not do well talking about issues of national defense and security.

Originally posted by MtnBiker
Maybe if they debate hair products Edwards will gain some ground.

:clap: :clap1: :clap: :clap1:

He does have nice hair!!! And Cheney,well.........

:p: :p:

Cheney will be calm,collected and in command of the facts. Edwards will know that he is behind before it even starts and will have to scramble like a slick lawyer to keep up. People will see that however I'm not sure it will influence many voters to change thier minds.

Probably won't. The only thing that I can think were the vice President may strongly come into play is if something happened to the President. A local talk show host was pounding on that subject the other day. Would you want Edwards in charge of National Security if something happened to John Kerry? It is a scary thought. I think Kerry just picked up Edwards in hopes of picking up votes in the South.

Originally posted by krisy
Would you want Edwards in charge of National Security if something happened to John Kerry? It is a scary thought.

If you put the question in its proper context, it becomes less of a problem. In the scenario you discussed, kerry would be president, so we already have a disaster on our hands. If Edwards somehow were to become president, how could it get much worse than kerry? I mean, once we've hit bottom, how much further can we drop?

I think Kerry just picked up Edwards in hopes of picking up votes in the South.
Okay, I'm not saying this because of you krisy, so no offense to you at all, but I keep hearing this. Do people (Kerry, dems., etc.) think us Southerners are so damn stupid that we'd vote for Kerry just to have a southerner as VP? I'm mean really?! It's just starting to really piss me off! I'm in NC, born and raised, and there's noway that I, or anyone else I know here, would vote Edwards into the Whitehouse!

Originally posted by Hannitized
Okay, I'm not saying this because of you krisy, so no offense to you at all, but I keep hearing this. Do people (Kerry, dems., etc.) think us Southerners are so damn stupid that we'd vote for Kerry just to have a southerner as VP? I'm mean really?! It's just starting to really piss me off! I'm in NC, born and raised, and there's noway that I, or anyone else I know here, would vote Edwards into the Whitehouse!

Point taken,Hannitized. It's just a scenario I hear a lot on the news. I also keep hearing that Ohio is the South..and we are not!! We are the Midwest. We don't even have accents!! Heehee I don't think Kerry will really pick up Sounthern votes as a result of Edwards. The South is set in their ways(that is a good thing)!! Ohio is a big state Kerry is looking for too. Although I believe we (not I of course) did vote Clinton in,we are a Conservative state with a Republican governor. Supposedly,there is a lot of job loss here,so Kerry is playing that up big time. I don't think it will work though.

We don't even have accents!!

Are you kidding me? We have a substantial border with both W. Virginia and Kentucky. Even the Ohio river can't keep those people out. You want accents, go ahead and drive south.

Hmm... the debate would be even more interesting if the topic of Halliburton came up ;)

Hey, I'm a sucker for good television!

I used to work for a company that builds huge water tankers. One of our biggest customers was Brown and Root,which is part of Halliburtion. This company has been doing government work for years and years. Hell,they even do the construction for many state funded projects where I live (a state run by Democrats no less). Now all of a sudden they are crooks?? Not very likely. If Halliburtion is a fraud then that means Bill Richardson is a crook too since he has kept them employed here in NM (along with all the other Democrats who have been in office) for many years.:rolleyes:

Oh yes,this is the interview where Kerry says he hasn't had time for a national security briefing!!! I would smell fear too if I had to go against Dick Cheney. Edwards is charming,but he will not do well talking about issues of national defense and security.

Thats right Krisy he had no time for a briefing on terrorism, but he had time to kiss Whoopies booty.......:p:

Q: How is working on a high-rise building like receiving oral sex from Whoopi Goldberg?

A: Whatever you do - DON'T LOOK DOWN!

Forum List

Back