Do I Really Have to Spend My Life Savings on Insurance?

You mean freedom to sponge off your fellow citizens if you had no insurance and got hit by a truck or were diagnosed with cancer or a lifelong degenerative condition, i.e., taking freedom from the rest of us because we had to pay for your selfish ass?
If 90% were happy with their insurance before obiecare that would indicate to a normal person that 90% were insured. Punishing us all for the 10% that doesn't HAVE to be taken care of by others is wrong, but it's the type of thing leftists do.

Big "if." I'm sure you have hard data to support that 90% figure, and you'll be happy to post it, amiright?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------American shouldn't be FORCED to buy their neighbors health insurance Arian .

So, no data, just opinion. And if you were shown how much the uninsured cost you prior to the PPACA, you'd :lalala:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ i don't care about the cost . Its the principle that an American is not forced to buy insurance or to pay for his neighbors insurance Arian . This mandate is akin to slavery , pay or be forced in one way or the other to pay or part with your personal money Arian .

What you fail to realize is that you had been paying, in terms of cost add-ons to doctor and hospital bills for years. But you don't seem to mind when it's a private/corporate entity gouging you, only when it's the Evil Gubmint.

there was never a PERSONAL MANDATE and Mandate is what i object to . See original opening post Arian .

If 90% were happy with their insurance before obiecare that would indicate to a normal person that 90% were insured. Punishing us all for the 10% that doesn't HAVE to be taken care of by others is wrong, but it's the type of thing leftists do.

Big "if." I'm sure you have hard data to support that 90% figure, and you'll be happy to post it, amiright?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------American shouldn't be FORCED to buy their neighbors health insurance Arian .

So, no data, just opinion. And if you were shown how much the uninsured cost you prior to the PPACA, you'd :lalala:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ i don't care about the cost . Its the principle that an American is not forced to buy insurance or to pay for his neighbors insurance Arian . This mandate is akin to slavery , pay or be forced in one way or the other to pay or part with your personal money Arian .

What you fail to realize is that you had been paying, in terms of cost add-ons to doctor and hospital bills for years. But you don't seem to mind when it's a private/corporate entity gouging you, only when it's the Evil Gubmint.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Doctors never gouged ME and i always had Doctors . Nowadays third world doctors , nurse practitioners , doctors assistant give out sub standard healthcare and prescriptions and Real Doctors with brains and money are leaving the profession Arian .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Doctors never gouged ME and i always had Doctors . Nowadays third world doctors , nurse practitioners , doctors assistant give out sub standard healthcare and prescriptions and Real Doctors with brains and money are leaving the profession Arian .

This has not been my experience. I'd like to see some evidence. Of course, if your criterion is melanin or English as a second- or multiple-language, we're not going to have a very fruitful discussion. Still, I'm listening.

nothing to discuss , mandate needs to be done away with Arian , --- Go Trump !!

So you'd rather go back to paying for the uninsured in ways you don't notice, and probably in higher increments. God bless America...home of the oblivious.

IF his story is TRUE, and he is unemployed and has no to little income, coming in...

He does not have to buy Health care insurance, the mandate means nothing, he can get an exemption...and is free and clear, with no penalty, to go without Health care insurance...

His ignorance has caused his grief of spending the $450 a month on healthcare while unemployed, NOT the ACA itself....

There are plenty of problems with Obamacare that needs fixing or eliminating, but his beef, is not one of them....there are already exemptions on the mandate in the Act that he can utilize.
your missing the point

he should not have to get an exemption

this is supposed to be a free country, not that you want it to be one, but that is what it was meant to be
When was it ever this ''free country''? Not in my lifetime.... :(

No, it isn't free.

Such a concept is silly.

The story is sad in so many ways.

So you'd rather go back to paying for the uninsured in ways you don't notice, and probably in higher increments. God bless America...home of the oblivious.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PERSONAL mandate makes you a SLAVE to government as you MUST send them money or give them an excuse . Old way was better , no PERSONAL Bill sent so no way for personal punishment for not having health insurance . See the opening post where KBLUE is targeted by government to buy insurance one way or the other Arian .

Freedom used to be , have insurance if you want it or don't have it as it is a persons personal decision before mrobama care and mandate Arian!!

You mean freedom to sponge off your fellow citizens if you had no insurance and got hit by a truck or were diagnosed with cancer or a lifelong degenerative condition, i.e., taking freedom from the rest of us because we had to pay for your selfish ass?

Your problem is that you believe the uninsured have the right to be fully taken care of, but you never cite your source.

Here's the source:

"The political slogan Workers of the world, unite! is one of the most famous rallying cries from the Communist Manifesto (1848), by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels (German: Proletarier aller Länder vereinigt Euch!, literally "Proletarians of all countries, unite!" but soon popularized in English as "Workers of the world, ..."
Workers of the world, unite! - Wikipedia

And please inform him that there is no such authorization in the Constitution.

Your problem is that you believe the uninsured have the right to be fully taken care of, but you never cite your source.

No. My awareness is that because the Great God Reagan signed the EMTALA, Americans are no longer required to die in the street.

I know that bothers you, but too damn bad.

"....the Great God Reagan signed the EMTALA, Americans are no longer required to die in the street."
Yes, about the great man, Reagan....

...but stop lying about deaths.

Americans never died in the street.

Never.

Fact is....life expectancy actually increased during the Depression.

"According to my quick reading of the Life and death during the Great Depression by José A. Tapia Granadosa and Ana V. Diez Roux, the only noticeable increase of mortality was suicide, with a noticeable decline of mortality in every other category.

It's interesting that this paper was written in 2009, before the (shall we say) sensationalist Russian claim of 7 million deaths.

According also to Michael Mosley, life expectancy actually rose through the Great Depression. In his Horizon programme Eat, Fast and Live Longer he claims

From 1929 to 1933, in the darkest years of the great depression when people were eating far less, life expectancy increased by 6 years.

seeing as the US diet was far higher than starvation standards before the GD, even a serious reduction would have been unlikely to induce starvation level conditions in the majority of the population. And with enough food available overall, and the US always having had a very active local charity network, it's quite likely there would have been help for at least the majority of those who could not afford to feed themselves. In fact for quite a few people a somewhat leaner diet may well have contributed to the increased life expectancy. –

They include a table that shows trends in death rates per 100,000 population. Starvation does not appear on the list, nor does it rate a mention in the article. The researchers do acknowledge that malnutrition led to decreased health during the Depression, but not to increased mortality. Malnutrition was a widespread problem, starvation was not.

Importantly, this study shows that economic crisis does not guarantee a mortality crisis, but instead reinforces the notion that what crucially matters is how governments respond and whether protective social and public health policies are in place both during and in advance of economic shocks

Sources: David Stuckler, Christopher Meissner, Price Fishback, Sanjay Basu, Martin McKee. 2011. "Banking crises and mortality during the Great Depression: evidence from US urban populations, 1929-1937." Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health. (link)

Price Fishback, Michael Haines, and Shawn Kantor. 2005. "Births, Deaths, and New Deal Relief During the Great Depression."
How many people in the US starved to death during the Great Depression?

There was never......NEVER....a need for the Bolshevik iteration of socialized medicine, ObamaCare.

Jefferson was pretty much in your corner:

As Thomas Jefferson once wrote regarding the "general Welfare" clause:

To take from one, because it is thought his own industry and that of his father has acquired too much, in order to spare to others who (or whose fathers) have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association, "to guarantee to everyone a free exercise of his industry and the fruits acquired by it." http://www.ustreas.gov/education/fact-sheets/taxes/ustax.shtm

http://www.founding.com/founders_library/pageID.2190/default.asp

But....Jefferson wasn't an Obamunist.

Didn't I just show ObamaCare losing $146 billion????

That's $6-7 thousand per 'uninsured.'

No. My awareness is that because the Great God Reagan signed the EMTALA, Americans are no longer required to die in the street.

I know that bothers you, but too damn bad.
Required to die in the street? I know facts bother you but tough shit, not my problem, boy.

Yeah because we can't go to a different government or negotiate a payment plan. Cost have gone up by all accounts so your theory makes no sense.

Forum List

Back