Do I look Muslim?

Here's a nice picture of a Muslim family.

egypt_2005.1119786240.coptic_church_family.jpg

But wait! Are they Muslim?

This guy a Muslim?
DEL%20Delhi%20-%20Gurdwara%20Bangla%20Sahib%20Sikh%20temple%20portrait%20with%20colourful%20turban%2001%203008x2000.jpg

What about this one?
3175102-lg.jpg

Or this one?
haka-d.png

A) 1
B) 2
C) 3
D) All of the above
E) None of the above

If you guessed E, you are correct. The point is, you can't look at the skin color of one, or the clothes they're wearing, and make a presumption on what religion they are. To do is profiling, and senseless.. And also fearing other Americans. Although I never saw a Juan WIlliams apology, he may well have. But the point is, he didn't state a lone view point of himself only.. there are many people who feel this way, and it's wrong.
Clarification of context does not equate to apology nor does he owe one to anybody, so don't hold your breath.
No it's not wrong, it's simple human nature to have those type of knee jerk reactions within our thoughts. What's wrong is if we don't realize or don't care it's a mindless reaction and act out in an unthinking manner based on that reaction.

This guy a Muslim?

What about this one?

Or this one?

A) 1
B) 2
C) 3
D) All of the above
E) None of the above

If you guessed E, you are correct. The point is, you can't look at the skin color of one, or the clothes they're wearing, and make a presumption on what religion they are. To do is profiling, and senseless.. And also fearing other Americans. Although I never saw a Juan WIlliams apology, he may well have. But the point is, he didn't state a lone view point of himself only.. there are many people who feel this way, and it's wrong.
Clarification of context does not equate to apology nor does he owe one to anybody, so don't hold your breath.
No it's not wrong, it's simple human nature to have those type of knee jerk reactions within our thoughts. What's wrong is if we don't realize or don't care it's a mindless reaction and act out in an unthinking manner based on that reaction.
which is exactly what Juan said the very same time as he said it

This guy a Muslim?
DEL%20Delhi%20-%20Gurdwara%20Bangla%20Sahib%20Sikh%20temple%20portrait%20with%20colourful%20turban%2001%203008x2000.jpg

What about this one?
3175102-lg.jpg

Or this one?
haka-d.png

A) 1
B) 2
C) 3
D) All of the above
E) None of the above

You know what I meant. Is it wrong to have these thoughts? No, we're human. Is it wrong to go on national TV, and continue to harbor and convey these feelings? Yes.

This guy a Muslim?

What about this one?

Or this one?

A) 1
B) 2
C) 3
D) All of the above
E) None of the above

You know what I meant. Is it wrong to have these thoughts? No, we're human. Is it wrong to go on national TV, and continue to harbor and convey these feelings? Yes.
which is not what Juan Williams did

This guy a Muslim?

What about this one?
3175102-lg.jpg

Or this one?
haka-d.png

A) 1
B) 2
C) 3
D) All of the above
E) None of the above

Interesting that you're reading into what he has been saying. That's called projection and because of that I completely disagree with your assessment.
Open your mind and shut off your emoting and you'll understand.

This guy a Muslim?

What about this one?
3175102-lg.jpg

Or this one?
haka-d.png

A) 1
B) 2
C) 3
D) All of the above
E) None of the above

Those Christians getting slaughtered in Iraq are also human. How do your self-defeating principles feel about that?

You don't see Christian militants going to mosques and killing Muslims. you occasionally see bacon placed at mosques, maybe some broken windows, yet somehow we are evil oppressors of Islam. Did it ever occur to you that in countries where Muslims become the majority, they are merciless to non-Muslims?

Edited to remove photos not suitable for the board - too graphic. Please refrain from posting such again. Thanks -Dis

*sigh*

Good thing I'm bored.

It wasn't an actual question. It was nothing more than an accusation. You just put a question mark on the end.

Funny though. Did you wait a week before you tried to insult him out of respect? Or did you get this idea from some other site?

Who, Juan Williams? I'm not insulting him. In fact, I don't think he should've been fired. Do I think he was careless in his words? Yeah, I do. I think he does owe us this: If you're scared of Muslims in airports, how do you identify them? By the way they dress?:
How? It's a very fair question.

Usually when you see a guy in a turbin and a robe with an unkempt beard, its a muslim. You dont know what traditional muslim garb looks like? For Christ sake, you are struggling with ridiculously easy questions, yet you still presume to have an understanding of world affairs?

You wouldn't know a Sikh from a Muslim.

What does a Muslim look like?

Do I look Muslim?
[youtube]1feZ5RxJTNk[/youtube]​

Are you saying you are unaware that there is certain clothing associated with Muslims?

As far as what A Muslim looks like. All you have to go on is clothing, as Muslim is not a race, and people of all races are Muslims.

angry+muslims+1.bmp

Angry%20Muslim%20Man.jpg

AngryMuslims1.jpg

Remind me again that these are "isolated" incidents.

The thing about marches like this one are that many times the people carrying those signs in English. Can't even read them as they do not speak English. Hamas, or Someone else organizes a rally and hands out signs in English for the masses to carry around.

angry+muslims+1.bmp

Angry%20Muslim%20Man.jpg

AngryMuslims1.jpg

Remind me again that these are "isolated" incidents.

The thing about marches like this one are that many times the people carrying those signs in English. Can't even read them as they do not speak English. Hamas, or Someone else organizes a rally and hands out signs in English for the masses to carry around.

That last one was in London.

Forum List

Back