Do I care that the post office put a sticker on my mail boz, "Managed Service Point?"

I'm not sure what kind of answer would satisfy your question.

I know of rural postal routes that are only 50 miles long, but have 250 boxes. It takes a full 8.5 hours to run the route including the case time.

In some parts of the southwest, postal routes are 300 miles long, but only have 40 boxes. They take a full 8 hours to run including the case time.

City carriers have it even harder. In the Post Office I worked, back when I was an RCAC, the city carriers had one vehicle, and two routes. One route was wholly a foot route and the managed service points were located at the mail boxes found on the street corners and in the downtown section. The carrier had to scan them within a specific time after having scanned out of the office. Each Post Master would walk the route with their city carrier once a year and they would determine the delivery time based upon that yearly audit and they assigned the scan times.

I personally thought it was micromanagement to the nth degree, but it is what it is. That is the only real purpose of these managed service point scanners.

Think of them like a security guard who walks around with a key and has to hit the key box for each round he or she makes at specific times.

what City did you work in?....in 33 years i have never seen or heard of a Post Master getting off his ass and walking the route with anyone.....the Carrier Supervisor yea....but not the PM....
I delivered in a small town in Northeast Pennsylvania. The Post Master there was a woman bucking to get promoted to the regional office. I can't for the life of Me, remember her tittle. But she walked the city routes every year I was there. She had a real thing about keeping Overtime to zero. Oh, and our office is small. It didn't have a carrier supervisor. We had four Rural routes, two city routes, one full time clerk and one part-time clerk shared between three offices.

oh it was one of them kind of offices.....we had a city out here called Atwood.....it had one carrier and one clerk.....and a Postmaster.....hard to believe ....and she thought her shit did not stink too....her Daughter was even worse....

what City did you work in?....in 33 years i have never seen or heard of a Post Master getting off his ass and walking the route with anyone.....the Carrier Supervisor yea....but not the PM....
I delivered in a small town in Northeast Pennsylvania. The Post Master there was a woman bucking to get promoted to the regional office. I can't for the life of Me, remember her tittle. But she walked the city routes every year I was there. She had a real thing about keeping Overtime to zero. Oh, and our office is small. It didn't have a carrier supervisor. We had four Rural routes, two city routes, one full time clerk and one part-time clerk shared between three offices.

oh it was one of them kind of offices.....we had a city out here called Atwood.....it had one carrier and one clerk.....and a Postmaster.....hard to believe ....and she thought her shit did not stink too....her Daughter was even worse....
A common occurrence. I think they give them classes when they are PMR's.....lol

Ah, yes, that freedom from working outdoors, burning up in summer, freezing in winter, rain, hail, high winds.

The same people who get paranoid about the USPS keeping track of delivery times on routes and keeping themselves accountable, are the same people who complain when their mail arrives late or inconsistently.

Reason First people. Chaos does not rule the day.

Forum List

Back