Do Glenn Beck Fans actually care more about the environment than Obama Fans?

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
Well lets look at how each group behaved after their largest gatherings to see their specific individual they were a fan of and find out.

Compare and contrast. The National Mall after Barack Obama's inauguration:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMrJE7J3fWU&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Post-Barackalyptic Wasteland[/ame]

The National Mall after Saturday's "Restoring Honor" Rally hosted by Libertarian TV pundit Glenn Beck:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NioIQc6hA8M&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - On the Mall after the Restoring Honor Rally[/ame]

Aren't liberals supposed to be the ones saving the environment? I know it was cold and windy and there were probably 2 times as many people at the inauguration but damn they left a noticeable mess during the inauguration.

Just more proof that Beck is more influential among liberals than Obama. All of the people at his event were actually liberals who came out to make fun of what he said.

It has been my experience over the years that conservatives in general clean up after themselves. When I was teaching and we would go on field trips I could almost gaurantee which students would have to be reminded to clean up their respective campsites when we were leaving. The students who hunted or were likewise of conservative bent never had to be reminded....ever. The more lefty ones though almost allways had to be reminded...repeatedly. I figured they were so used to their folks cleaning up after them (or maybe they just lived like pigs) that they figured everyone else would do it then.

You might also note that the ~ 87,000 attendance this weekend is less than .1 million people (less than point one mil) while Obama's presidential inauguration was attended by ~ 1.2 million people (one point two mil) which is more than twelve times the amount of people!

Last edited:
You might also note that the ~ 87,000 attendance this weekend is less than .1 million people (less than point one mil) while Obama's presidential inauguration was attended by ~ 1.2 million people (one point two mil) which is more than twelve times the amount of people!
the numbers for the beck rally were much higher than that, and for Obama they were not as high as claimed

the numbers for the beck rally were much higher than that, and for Obama they were not as high as claimed

:confused:

AirPhotosLive.com gave its estimate a margin of error of 9,000, meaning between 78,000 and 96,000 people attended the rally. The photos used to make the estimate were taken at noon Saturday, which is when the company estimated was the rally's high point.
Glenn Beck Rally Attracts Estimated 87,000 - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Barack Obama launched his presidency before an estimated 1.5 million people on the National Mall on Tuesday with somber yet confident tones, saying the country will overcome its serious economic and international challenges.
U.S. celebrates as President Obama vows new era - CNN.com

And had the numbers been reversed the mall would have looked the same after each rally.
That is the shame of it.

Well lets look at how each group behaved after their largest gatherings to see their specific individual they were a fan of and find out.

Compare and contrast. The National Mall after Barack Obama's inauguration:

YouTube - Post-Barackalyptic Wasteland

The National Mall after Saturday's "Restoring Honor" Rally hosted by Libertarian TV pundit Glenn Beck:

YouTube - On the Mall after the Restoring Honor Rally

Aren't liberals supposed to be the ones saving the environment? I know it was cold and windy and there were probably 2 times as many people at the inauguration but damn they left a noticeable mess during the inauguration.
I would think 800,000 people would generate more trash than 100,000 or less people.

The guy who estimated the inauguration at 800,000 which is under what many liberals posted, put the Beck rally at around 87,000 people.

The park workers and volunteers during the Beck rally probably were able to get trash and keep ahead of things a lot better than during the Inauguration. When the trash is full, it is more likely to fall on the ground. ;) I have worked many events in a large park, nothing like the Mall, but there is a difference between events.

The guy who estimated the inauguration at 800,000 which is under what many liberals posted, put the Beck rally at around 87,000 people.

The park workers and volunteers during the Beck rally probably were able to get trash and keep ahead of things a lot better than during the Inauguration. When the trash is full, it is more likely to fall on the ground. ;) I have worked many events in a large park, nothing like the Mall, but there is a difference between events.

I don't know about that. In California after every liberal demonstration at the Capitol in Sacramento the devestation (accurate description) wasamazing. whereas the conservative demonstrations were allways clean after they had left. The groundskeepers had basically nothing to do save the normal maintenance they are there to do in the first place.

I would expect that the Sacramento Bees archives have the images still.

I don't know about that. In California after every liberal demonstration at the Capitol in Sacramento the devestation (accurate description) wasamazing. whereas the conservative demonstrations were allways clean after they had left. The groundskeepers had basically nothing to do save the normal maintenance they are there to do in the first place.

You can't compare these two events. ;)
It would be like comparing the trash from the SuperBowl to a high school football game.

And I have heard from Crowd Management at The Gorge, the Christian concert always have the biggest assholes, and the most trash. Every group is different, every event is different, especially when one is 8 times bigger than the other.

It would be like comparing the trash from the SuperBowl to a high school football game.

Not true at all. While I agree with you that the grass damage is certainly going to be much greater with the larger crowd, the fact that there are quite literally piles of trash belies your statement. Piles of trash at lib events, no piles of trash at conservative events.
Even you should be able to see that difference. One group picks up after itself the other does not. What's so difficult to see?

And I have heard from Crowd Management at The Gorge, the Christian concert always have the biggest assholes, and the most trash. Every group is different, every event is different, especially when one is 8 times bigger than the other.
maybe those are the "liberal christians" we always keep hearing about

:eusa_whistle:

Not true at all. While I agree with you that the grass damage is certainly going to be much greater with the larger crowd, the fact that there are quite literally piles of trash belies your statement. Piles of trash at lib events, no piles of trash at conservative events.
Even you should be able to see that difference. One group picks up after itself the other does not. What's so difficult to see?

Where is the trash going to go when volunteers and park wokers can't empty the trash due to larger crowd sizes? I have worked many events, with the same people coming to them every year. I was the one getting the trash. There is a difference when the crowd is bigger. You cannot always get to certain trash cans, you cannot pick up the trash as fast, and it is much harder to keep up on it. Like I said you cannot compare the two events, it is like comparing apples to oranges.

If there were more people at the Obama Inaguration then there were more people to pick up the trash right? So it shouldn't matter how big the crowd. What is demonstrated here is typical liberal thinking that someone else will do it.

maybe those are the "liberal christians" we always keep hearing about

:eusa_whistle:
I will give you a hint, Eastern Washington is not that much different from Northern Idaho. ;)

If there were more people at the Obama Inaguration then there were more people to pick up the trash right? So it shouldn't matter how big the crowd. What is demonstrated here is typical liberal thinking that someone else will do it.

Sure it is.:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back