Do Faithful Muslims Lie?

He said Islam allows lying in three instances: in jihad, to bring reconciliation between Muslims, and in marriage, "if a wife asks her husband, `Am I beautiful?' and she is 60 years old."
This is a true statement. :cool:

So then the answer is yes. Faithful !Muslims lie. At least in those 3 cases.
1) When captured by the enemy and interrogated. (giving false and misleading information)

2) To help reconcile a problem between two friends. (Telling both that the other wants to make up and apologize)

3) In your marriage. (like when she says, "Does this dress make me look fat"?)

Im pretty sure

2) To help reconcile a problem between two friends. (Telling both that the other wants to make up and apologize)

Can be stretched to the point lying to non muslims so they are reconciled about Islam and jihad or muslims lying.

Islamic tradition has allowed muslims to lie to alleviate concern in the past.

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:
Allah's Apostle said, "Who is willing to kill Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf who has hurt Allah and His Apostle?" Thereupon Muhammad bin Maslama got up saying, "O Allah's Apostle! Would you like that I kill him?" The Prophet said, "Yes," Muhammad bin Maslama said, "Then allow me to say a (false) thing (i.e. to deceive Kab). "The Prophet said, "You may say it." ... (Sahih al-Bukhari 5.369, cf. the article on Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf for further details)

Im pretty sure

Can be stretched to the point lying to non muslims so they are reconciled about Islam and jihad or muslims lying.

Allah's Apostle said, "Who is willing to kill Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf who has hurt Allah and His Apostle?" Thereupon Muhammad bin Maslama got up saying, "O Allah's Apostle! Would you like that I kill him?" The Prophet said, "Yes," Muhammad bin Maslama said, "Then allow me to say a (false) thing (i.e. to deceive Kab). "The Prophet said, "You may say it." ... (Sahih al-Bukhari 5.369, cf. the article on Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf for further details)
Nope. Incorrect

This is a true statement. :cool:

So then the answer is yes. Faithful !Muslims lie. At least in those 3 cases.
1) When captured by the enemy and interrogated. (giving false and misleading information)

3) In your marriage. (like when she says, "Does this dress make me look fat"?)

Don't forget, when talking about what Jews and Christians do :)

Im pretty sure

Nope. Incorrect

You have no evidence of that.
I have evidence that Mohammad gives permission to lie to gain the confidence so you can kill an enemy of allah and mohammad .

If you have scriptural evidence produce it.

Im sure Muslims can be loyal friends with non muslims.

The Prohibition of Being Loyal Friends with Disbelievers

This Ayah discourages and forbids taking the enemies of Islam and its people, such as the People of the Book and the polytheists, as friends. These disbelievers mock the most important acts that any person could ever perform, the honorable, pure acts of Islam which include all types of good for this life and the Hereafter. They mock such acts and make them the subject of jest and play, because this is what these acts represent in their misguided minds and cold hearts. Allah said;

Tafsir.com Tafsir Ibn Kathir

I have dealt before with you Mr. Fitnuts.

You take verses and scripture out of context and then twist them like a pretzel to fit your agenda.

So that the naive and gullible people here think you are some Islamic expert

Maybe you get some kind of thrill playing the pseudo Islamic scholar.

But in reality it's pathetic, just pathetic

You take verses and scripture out of context and then twist them like a pretzel to fit your agenda.

You mean like you want us to believe you are an expert because your name is Sunni Man?

Please.

You mean like you want us to believe you are an expert because your name is Sunni Man?

Please.
No, I am not an expert on Islam.

But, I am a Muslim and live the religion 24/7/365 :cool:

Please.
No, I am not an expert on Islam.

Clearly

Yeah Ive heard it before.
Im taking Islam out of context .
Im creating terrorist .
I post what the scholars say, it speaks for itself.

If you have evidence Ibn Kathir tafsir
or Shahih Bukhari are unreliable, post it.

Last edited:

The closest non-Muslim example I can think of would be when certain German Christians hid innocent Jews from the hungry jaws of the Nazi terror machine. THAT would be a perfect example of Taqiyya.

Can you see the difference between hiding Jews from Nazis and deceiving someone so you can isolate and murder them for the crime of mocking Islam, while Islam was at the early stages of piracy, raiding caravans and disrupting trade

Still will be equvocated on.

Ah, Madeline fails in yet another of her threads on Muslims and starts yet another. Her new fail is soon to come.

Madeline thinks no one will notice her fails elsewhere. :lol:

Im not a muslim asshole.
How fucking stupid are you?

YouMad.jpg

In Islam Lie is forbidden but you can lie in only 2 cases:

-In war, you shouldn't tell the truth to the enemy.
-Lie in order to restore and making right the relations between two opponents men or couple.

The Prophet was asked; can the real faithfull lie? he said " No".

In Islam Lie is forbidden but you can lie in only 2 cases:

-In war, you shouldn't tell the truth to the enemy.
-Lie in order to restore and making right the relations between two opponents men or couple.

The Prophet was asked; can the real faithfull lie? he said " No".
And those two situations pretty much cover all. Jihad is a duty, after all. And the enemies, well....

Forum List

Back