Do Conservatives lack Freewill

It's telling you you edited from his post the proof that conservatives do indeed have free will.

Do you really believe that means the evidence doesn't actually exist? Do you, like most progressives, believe that your views define reality? That if you ignore something, it really is not there?

Hey, middie:

Here's another post you can pretend doesn't exist.

Huh, McCain was a Maverick, remember. I listened to that piece and even there there was no divergence from the conservative republican fight to stop the ACA. I saw no proof of any alternate thought on his part. One would need to read into his comments more than what was there. You can accept that if you like but it proves nothing. He actually repeated much of the same talking points supporting my premise. OT John is a bit of an oddity, occasionally he sounds liberal, other times moderate, and then he falls back into the programmed lines world.

McCain and McConnell agreeing with Obama about the Tea Party is proof that conservatives have no free will?

It's telling you you edited from his post the proof that conservatives do indeed have free will.

Do you really believe that means the evidence doesn't actually exist? Do you, like most progressives, believe that your views define reality? That if you ignore something, it really is not there?

Hey, middie:

Huh, McCain was a Maverick, remember. I listened to that piece and even there there was no divergence from the conservative republican fight to stop the ACA. I saw no proof of any alternate thought on his part. One would need to read into his comments more than what was there. You can accept that if you like but it proves nothing. He actually repeated much of the same talking points supporting my premise. OT John is a bit of an oddity, occasionally he sounds liberal, other times moderate, and then he falls back into the programmed lines world.
Come to think of it, I've never seen you present anything original.

Does middie lack free will?

Sure looks like, doesn't it?

Is it possible to lack freewill: the basic idea that conscious analysis guides your decisions. I think it is certainly worth our consideration. It may just be that conservatives lack the capacity, both genetically and culturally to exhibit freewill. This interplay of genes and culture make them easily susceptible to the influence of ideas that oppose change or revision. Most cognitive processes never reach consciousness, thus if you are conservative, thought would require an awareness you are not capable of. Given the widespread power of their media today, you witness an opposition to change repeated over and over again. No rational discussion is possible when you have the answer already. The final question becomes, are conservatives then a threat to a dynamic, open, democratic society?

See 'The Rhetoric of Reaction: Perversity, Futility, Jeopardy' Albert O. Hirschman

That is the dumbest thing I have ever read. Conservatives disagree with one another all the time. It is only you sick liberals who are in complete lockstep with one another like a bunch of goose stepping Nazis.

Hey, middie:

McCain and McConnell agreeing with Obama about the Tea Party is proof that conservatives have no free will?
According to progressive "logic" that middie mindlessly parrots...yes.

Is it possible to lack freewill: the basic idea that conscious analysis guides your decisions. I think it is certainly worth our consideration. It may just be that conservatives lack the capacity, both genetically and culturally to exhibit freewill. This interplay of genes and culture make them easily susceptible to the influence of ideas that oppose change or revision. Most cognitive processes never reach consciousness, thus if you are conservative, thought would require an awareness you are not capable of. Given the widespread power of their media today, you witness an opposition to change repeated over and over again. No rational discussion is possible when you have the answer already. The final question becomes, are conservatives then a threat to a dynamic, open, democratic society?

See 'The Rhetoric of Reaction: Perversity, Futility, Jeopardy' Albert O. Hirschman

Words of wisdom from a member of the Borg,priceless!!

According to Indeterminism AND Determinism, as I comprehend each, Free-Will is impossible - with or without a God/Satan thingy...Free-Will just ain't.

As much as I enjoy thinkin'/feelin'/functioning as a being with vast free-will (a.k.a. A big fat loud mouth) I'm pretty sure [as I must] Free-Will is an illusion and no one ever has nor ever will have it.

Forum List

Back