Do conservatives ever wonder WHY liberalism is prevalent in higher education?

What thell you talking about debunked? so you saying there is a S.S. lock box? and Al Gore was just blowing smoke up your ass because it alway exsisted? and LBJ didnt fund Nam off of it? and GWB's tax cuts didnt piss off AARP because it took from it and thats why we had a what 2% tax increase on our payroll taxes in January? I have to hear this one lol.

Perhaps you should try reading the thread and then you can direct your questions to the poster who made those inane allegations in the first place.

well sorry If I misunderstood your comments on this page.

Your honesty is both rare and greatly appreciated. Thank you.

After eighty years or so some Americans are unaware of how Social Security works. Social Security is a pay as you go program, and some periods more money is paid into Social Security than is paid out. That surplus money is then borrowed by the government, spent and an IOU deposited. It still seems that borrowing the surplus money from Social Security and paying SS the interest, is a better idea than borrowing money from China and China collecting the interest. But Republicans see it as a great opportunity to frighten Americans.

Have you forgotten Barack Obama's claim that Social Security checks might not go out to senior citizens if the debt ceiling wasn't raised, Regent? The reason he made that claim is that there IS NO MONEY in the trust fund...there are only IOU's from the government amounting to about 2.7 trillion dollars. If that DOESN'T frighten you then you're rather oblivious. Citizens are paying their hard earned money into a system that is supposed to be self supporting but politicians have taken that cash and replaced it with promises...promises to repay debt from an entity that is averaging a trillion dollars a year in deficit spending. How exactly do you think that's going to play out?

Your erroneous assumptions are why this is a complete waste of time.
His statement is true, Derideo_Te. Too bad you are so unaware of it.

You are making the same erroneous assumptions that he is, Becki. His statement is false because he has is totally ignorant of the knowledge that I possess. These baseless allegations about others do nothing to encourage dialog. Perhaps a better approach would be to propose suggestions that both sides could live with to handle the deficit spending instead of just making unfounded allegations about people whose positions and knowledge you and they have no awareness of whatsoever. Do you think that might work instead?

My statement that the government has been siphoning off monies from the Social Security Trust Fund stands on it's own regardless of the "knowledge" that you do or do not possess, Derideo.

You've shown yourself to be rather uninformed on this issue and all the bluster about "erroneous assumptions" and "baseless allegations" isn't going to change that.

Perhaps you should try reading the thread and then you can direct your questions to the poster who made those inane allegations in the first place.

well sorry If I misunderstood your comments on this page.

Your honesty is both rare and greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Ah, Bear asked you to explain yourself, Sparky...
He also believes that the government has raided the Social Security Fund and is asking you to show that hasn't taken place.
You seem to think he's agreed WITH you...which means your word comprehension skills are on a par with your knowledge of what Washington is doing with our Social Security monies.

Perhaps its because liberalism represents intellectual ideas? Perhaps something can be said why political scientists tend to be liberal.

do liberals ever realize that the institutes they work for are now screwing them out of their healthcare benefits packages because of obamacare? i guess they never saw that one coming

After eighty years or so some Americans are unaware of how Social Security works. Social Security is a pay as you go program, and some periods more money is paid into Social Security than is paid out. That surplus money is then borrowed by the government, spent and an IOU deposited. It still seems that borrowing the surplus money from Social Security and paying SS the interest, is a better idea than borrowing money from China and China collecting the interest. But Republicans see it as a great opportunity to frighten Americans.

Social Security is a pay as you go program

What an awesome idea! Instead of investing in productive assets, to provide earnings we can spend in retirement, let's give 12.2% of our income over our entire working life to government, so they can tax our children in order to pay us our meager benefits.

Your erroneous assumptions are why this is a complete waste of time.
His statement is true, Derideo_Te. Too bad you are so unaware of it.

You are making the same erroneous assumptions that he is, Becki. His statement is false because he has is totally ignorant of the knowledge that I possess. These baseless allegations about others do nothing to encourage dialog. Perhaps a better approach would be to propose suggestions that both sides could live with to handle the deficit spending instead of just making unfounded allegations about people whose positions and knowledge you and they have no awareness of whatsoever. Do you think that might work instead?
If the knowledge of yours is empirical, you will have solid backups everywhere you can use in your debate with him.

Baseless allegations? Magical thinking that Congress can spend people's social security money and the interest that was intended to go into it just one of the things that got us into a $16,758,107,082,298.63** deficit situation and is keeping us there.

**Debt to the penny dot gov

Last edited:
Liberalism represents intellectual ideas? Exactly what part of Hollywood, a broken school system and Prison are emanating intellectual ideas? I do understand where you're coming from though. I always noticed that the smartest and wisest people always had one thing in common. I agreed with them. Talk about a coincidence!
p.s.
I may not have a Ph.D from Harvard but I did get an STD at Berkeley. I'm fine now. It's all good.

Last edited:
Liberalism represents intellectual ideas? Exactly what part of Hollywood, a broken school system and Prison are emanating intellectual ideas? I do understand where you're coming from though. I always noticed that the smartest and wisest people always had one thing in common. I agreed with them. Talk about a coincidence!
p.s.
I may not have a Ph.D from Harvard but I did get an STD at Berkeley. I'm fine now. It's all good.

they dont, they just corned the education/media establishment......but watchout for Jake Starkey, he's a HUGE fan of the education industrial complex....

liberalism hasnt been fully implemented see...and because of that it's not able to be scrutinized....

Al Gore was a professor, think about that

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf69EEL3WBk]Man Bear Pig - YouTube[/ame]

You just admitted that the federal government spends all the money it receives from the FICA tax. That means there is no pot of money available to pay for the benefits of retirees. It doesn't matter whether it's better for government to borrow it from China or not. It still has to be borrowed.

Forum List

Back