Do CON preachers hurt religion?

froggy

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2009
Does hearing of some wrongs done by preachers sway you from religion?

I am religious, just not a religion that has preachers. ;)

self righteous is not a religion

There are many more religions than one, and only a few have preachers. Most just have spiritual leaders who do nothing more than offer advice, not the same thing in most cases (though I do know one church that their preachers are just that). Do you know of anything beyond your one religion?

I am religious, just not a religion that has preachers. ;)

There are many more religions than one, and only a few have preachers. Most just have spiritual leaders who do nothing more than offer advice, not the same thing in most cases (though I do know one church that their preachers are just that). Do you know of anything beyond your one religion?

many will come in the name of religion, an fool many.

many will come in the name of religion, an fool many.

Translation: You have never bothered to study anything else, so have no grounds for comparison or criticism of any other beliefs.

Sorry, but without actually experiencing life, you can't live.

Listening to the narcissistic rants of Charlie Bass is enough to cause anyone to become an atheist.

He's so rude and so extreme I suspect he isn't even a Christian, but a Lib trying to act like one and gets a thrill out of a charade similar to Blame Bush.

Last edited:

Hearing the behaviors done at current times and throughout history based on religious interpretation of holy books steers me away from religion.

I am a man of strong faith in a higher power and karma who has no religion.

Hearing the experience of others is sometimes useful in understanding why not to make the same mistake.

Preachers are human, keep that in mind when listening to them. That is all.

I admit to being confused as to the meaning of CON preachers. Didn't know if you were asking about con men or conservative preachers. Your question implies the former.

I'm not swayed from my faith by a bunch of snake oil salesmen. These sort of people exist in most areas of life where there is money involved. There are crooked real estate people and financial advisors yet I bought a house I still live in in 1977 and have invested conservatively for just as long.

A knowledge of the pitfalls and snares gleaned from the scriptures allowed me to avoid being taken for any substantial ride by any of these crooks. What they have managed to get out of me; I just consider a life lesson.

Not for me.

The idea of ghosts and spirits and magical angel and devil beings is funny, so ridiculous, and so laughable - that's what keeps me from religion. The fact that it isn't real.

Not for me.

The idea of ghosts and spirits and magical angel and devil beings is funny, so ridiculous, and so laughable - that's what keeps me from religion. The fact that it isn't real.

215px-Elmer_Gantry_poster.jpg

I stopped going to church when the minister started talking about politics on sunday, I was already questioning it anyways. I go to church only on christmas now for my mom.

Forum List

Back