Do Catholics, Mormons, Jehova's Witnesses and Protestants Believe...

Only 144000 will go to heaven, all the rest will live on a restored Earth with Jesus as the King aided by the 144000 in Heaven to rule. Other then Jesus no one has ascended to Heaven yet.

There is no trinity and heaven only has angels and God in it.

What happened to Enoch and Elijah?

Reread the scripture neither went to Heaven. The words heavens was used which means the sky. Both died mortal men.

Jesus was specific. No man has ascended that did not first descend from Heaven. And the bi9ble specifically states only 144000 will go to Heaven, further states that no one goes until Judgement day.

Interesting points? Perhaps, perhaps not...

Moot? Fo' sho'.

:dunno: Do ANY of your Mormon, Jehovah's Witness, Wiccan, Catholic, or Sports Fan friends get to go to heaven and hang with you forever?

The Vision sums up Mormon beliefs on the post-resurrection after life well.

The Vision of the Redemption of the dead sums up Mormon beliefs on Pre-resurrection after life.

Our life will be much the same it is now. We will still exist in communities. We will be organized in families. However, we won't die. We won't get sick or hurt. and our lives will be coupled with glory that we dont currently have.

Side note: This is one of the many reasons I've found South Park an unreliable source about Mormon beliefs. While it was amusing to see everyone in hell told that the Mormons were correct, it doesn't accurately reflect what happens in the after life in mormon theology.

What about the rest of us?

Will you forever be alone with only The Smith & Young clan, or will you be joined by any Catholics, Jehovah's Witnesses, Protestants, and/or etc.?

I really wish you would read what I posted because I already addressed that.

I'm kind of more interested in YOUR opinion on the subject, if it's all the same.

The Link Below said:
Doctrine and Covenants 76 

It appeared self-evident from what truths were left, that if God rewarded every one according to the deeds done in the body the term ‘Heaven,’ as intended for the Saints’ eternal home, must include more kingdoms than one. Accordingly, … while translating St. John’s Gospel, myself and Elder Rigdon saw the following vision” (History of the Church, 1:245). It was after the Prophet had translated John 5:29 that this vision was given.

Does this mean that heaven will be segregated, with Mormons not crossing paths with non-Mormons?

Will you forever be alone with only The Smith & Young clan, or will you be joined by any Catholics, Jehovah's Witnesses, Protestants, and/or etc.?

I'm kind of more interested in YOUR opinion on the subject, if it's all the same.

Then ask my opinion, not what a specific group of people think.

The Vision sums up Mormon beliefs on the post-resurrection after life well.

The Vision of the Redemption of the dead sums up Mormon beliefs on Pre-resurrection after life.

Our life will be much the same it is now. We will still exist in communities. We will be organized in families. However, we won't die. We won't get sick or hurt. and our lives will be coupled with glory that we dont currently have.

Side note: This is one of the many reasons I've found South Park an unreliable source about Mormon beliefs. While it was amusing to see everyone in hell told that the Mormons were correct, it doesn't accurately reflect what happens in the after life in mormon theology.

Will you forever be alone with only The Smith & Young Clan, or will you be joined by any Catholics, Jehovah's Witnesses, Protestants, and/or etc.?

Then ask my opinion, not what a specific group of people think.

:eusa_eh:

I guess it's as simple as, since I know, Mr. Avatar4321, that you are a Mormon... What's your opinion of the Mormon point of view on the prospects of living in a diverse afterlife?

Will Mormons and Catholics and Protestants and Jehovah's Witnesses spend the next 10,000+ years rubbing shoulders in the Glory of God, or are those given breeds of Christian Humans betting their corporeal lives on guessing correctly in an attempt to join the victors in a strange war of ethnic cleansing toward a better afterlife?

Seems only fair that everyone will be judged according to their works and desires. I see no reason why someone who lives up to the light and knowledge they have will not be fully rewarded for doing so. I think we will all be surprised how merciful God is. I think we will also be surprised how just he is.

I expect to see people of all religions redeemed and brought forth in the Morning of the First Resurrection.

I truly hope you're right, Mr. A.

I truly do.

Well, if the Spirit is any indication, I am:)

I look forward to meeting you on the other side in the far distant future. Talk to the guys in the white shirt and ties with name tags:)

In my mind, it's not the route traveled, but how you live along the way. I fully expect I will find Avatar, Mother Theresa Gandhi, the Dali Lama and maybe Ave-Joe, if and when I get there.
25 years ago, my chances weren't all that good, but, perhaps I've been since forgiven.

In my mind, it's not the route traveled, but how you live along the way. I fully expect I will find Avatar, Mother Theresa Gandhi, the Dali Lama and maybe Ave-Joe, if and when I get there.
25 years ago, my chances weren't all that good, but, perhaps I've been since forgiven.

If you want to know for sure whether you've been forgiven, ask the Lord. He knows. And if you haven't, well you can talk with Him in the process and fix that.

I fully expect to meet everyone here on the other side of the veil. Even if I have to go to hell to drag you guys out.

Thanks Ernie... I think I'm a good guy, but I'm biased. :D

One thing is certain, if there's a​
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2cijNKu9qc]Rock and Roll Heaven - YouTube[/ame]
You know they have a hell of a band.​

If you want to know for sure whether you've been forgiven, ask the Lord. He knows. And if you haven't, well you can talk with Him in the process and fix that.

I fully expect to meet everyone here on the other side of the veil. Even if I have to go to hell to drag you guys out.
:lol:
The Mean Old USMB Software said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Avatar4321 again.

Bummer!
:popcorn:

Do those of you who're Catholics, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses and Protestants believe that y'all will be all alone in Heaven praising God for the next 10,000+ years, or do you guys think that you'll be surrounded by Catholics, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses and Protestants, just like here on earth?

:eusa_think: Do Seventh Day Adventists consider themselves to be 'Protestants'?

Why do bigoted agnostic average Joes care?

As for our friends Enoch and Elijah, 'scripture' says neither died and heaven is specifically mentioned as the destination, at least for the latter.

"And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, which parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven." link: http://www.truthunity.net/texts/asv/ii-kings-2

"By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and he was not found, because God translated him: for he hath had witness borne to him that before his translation he had been well-pleasing unto God" link: http://www.truthunity.net/texts/asv/heb.-11

Last edited:

Forum List

Back