Do black people realize that it was an insult to Barack Obama

Discussion in 'Election Forums' started by beagle9, Nov 18, 2012.

1. gallantwarrior

gallantwarrior Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,406
    Proof?

2. gallantwarrior

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,406
    For you and other blacks this may be true. But for many, many others, they voted for Barry S. strictly because he was black. There are hundreds of interviews that say other than your contention.

3. gallantwarrior

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,406
    No, honesty is not a cherished character trait. People would rather vote for whomsoever promises them the most "stuff".

4. martinjlm

martinjlm Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    And a number of white voters voted for Gov. McCain and later Gov. Romney because Barack Obama is black. Which makes more sense? Neither. Thankfully they probably cancel each other out.

5. beagle9

beagle9 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,660
    It seems that in a new dependency state. they most defintely do, and many states are becoming dependent more and more and more on government to take care of them...

6. gallantwarrior

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,406
    No doubt. But two wrongs don't make it right. A lot of people voted for McCain and Romney because obama's politics and ideology are just wrong, criminal and evil.

7. beagle9

beagle9 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,660
    They voted for MCcain and later Romney because Barack Obama was black ? There are those kinds out there for sure, but in what percentages did they amount to in those elections ? Remember now these two guy's lost...

I don't think that these types of voters in which you speak about, really make any kind of a difference in an election, and if they did we would be backing up instead of going foward. However if the blacks in a large percentage of, are going down these same roads (voting skin color), then a problem will continue in this nation, because like another poster here just said "Two wrongs don't make a right".

When will we all just become Americans, and protect the American way of life and strength in this nation or is it that their are many who are still trying to define themselves and for whom they still are in America, and so they associate themselves with groups or a group whom they feel represent their interest best ?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  8. gallantwarrior

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,406
    Yeah, that was me with the "two wrongs" comment.
    You also have a point about the numbers of whites voting against the black guy vs. the number of blacks voting for him. I personally did not hear one white person of my acquaintance say they were voting against obama because he was black. Many blacks I know, even people who should have known better, did declare their intention to vote for him specifically because they thought having a black president was "cool". Many obama voters don't even know what his ideology or policies are.

9. martinjlm

martinjlm Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    And a LOT of people (36% of white voters, a large majority of hispanic voters, an overwhelming number of voters in large city centers) voted FOR President Obama either because they thought his policies were appropriate or at least better than those proposed by Sen. McCain in 2008 or Gov. Romney in 2012. Let's face it, there are a lot of good reasons why people voted for either candidate and a lot of effed-up reasons why people voted for either candidate. To assume that all people of a particular group voted the way they did for one singular reason is very short-sighted and does nothing to further resolution of the election results. May as well ask why everyone chews their food forty times before they swallow. First of all, you cannot prove that this is the case......second of all.....what friggin' difference does it make?

(just noticed I incorrectly referred to McCain as "Gov." instead of "Sen." in my last post).

10. martinjlm

martinjlm Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    With regard to the bold print...I have no more idea of how many white voters voted for McCain or Romney because Obama is black. And YOU have NO IDEA how many black voters voted for Obama because he is black. This is what makes your original post flawed. You ASSUME that this is the single reason black voters voted for Pres. Obama, even in the face of 40+ years of data showing that black voters vote overwhelmingly in favor of white Democratic candidates. The more important question (for Republican planners) should be..."Why is that and what can we do to counteract it?"