Do atheists believe that everything in life must be perfect for a Creator to exist?

Do atheists believe that everything in life must be perfect for a Creator to exist?

• Yes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters
Some of us wonder what kind of god we have. I mean, IF there is a god. Suffer the little children? All those childhood diseases and abuse.. God may be perfect, but a perfect WHAT? Oh, it's a test. Of whom? Like god doesn't already know the answer? Please.
How do you define perfection? An all powerful diety with a sadistic streak and a twisted sense of humour might think the situation our species finds itself in ‘perfection’, worse still simply highly amusing. The problem for most Christian theologians comes from a stubborn adherance to the idea of God’s omniscience. If the Almighty exists out of time knowing all that ever was and ever will be why did he/she/it grant our species free will knowing where it would lead necessitating he torture his own son ( who is actually himself if you swallow trinitarian theology undigested)? A cosmic sado-masochist ?
God is a perfect asshole, if god makes us suffer when god supposedly already knows the outcome. But the alternative is that there is no god, the universe always existed and random things appear to be negative to us humans because 99% of the time events that happen don't suit our wishes. Don't give me any more gobbetly gook. Blah blah blah.

Time exists because man measures it.
You don't "create" time.
Time exists as the 4th dimension whether humans measure it, or not.
How about the other dimensions?
Did god make those too?
I didn't say anthing about who made what, or even if it was "made" at all.

You said time only exists because its measured.

It exists as a dimension of the universe, measured or not.
The best description I have heard is that time is a measure of the expansion of the universe.

The problem with time is that the equations work equally well in forward or reverse but time has never been observed in the backwards direction.
Thats got to be false because our time isnt based on when the universe supposedly started expanding. Does time exist if you are not aware of its passing?
What makes you imagine you’re so important time requires your awarness to exist?

Time exists as the 4th dimension whether humans measure it, or not.
Did god make those too?

The best description I have heard is that time is a measure of the expansion of the universe.

The problem with time is that the equations work equally well in forward or reverse but time has never been observed in the backwards direction.
Thats got to be false because our time isnt based on when the universe supposedly started expanding. Does time exist if you are not aware of its passing?
What makes you imagine you’re so important time requires your awarness to exist?
What makes you so stupid you thought I said anything remotely like that?

Did god make those too?

I lost track of time.

I lost track of time.
Of all the things you have lost you miss your mind the most.

I lost track of time.
How can you miss something you didn’t know you had?

I lost track of time.
Does it exist if you didnt know you had it?

I lost track of time.
Hard to say but I wonder what is making these replies?

Some of us wonder what kind of god we have. I mean, IF there is a god. Suffer the little children? All those childhood diseases and abuse.. God may be perfect, but a perfect WHAT? Oh, it's a test. Of whom? Like god doesn't already know the answer? Please.
How do you define perfection? An all powerful diety with a sadistic streak and a twisted sense of humour might think the situation our species finds itself in ‘perfection’, worse still simply highly amusing. The problem for most Christian theologians comes from a stubborn adherance to the idea of God’s omniscience. If the Almighty exists out of time knowing all that ever was and ever will be why did he/she/it grant our species free will knowing where it would lead necessitating he torture his own son ( who is actually himself if you swallow trinitarian theology undigested)? A cosmic sado-masochist ?
God is a perfect asshole, if god makes us suffer when god supposedly already knows the outcome. But the alternative is that there is no god, the universe always existed and random things appear to be negative to us humans because 99% of the time events that happen don't suit our wishes. Don't give me any more gobbetly gook. Blah blah blah.
God makes you suffer?

Could you have a more external locus of control?

Why are you blaming God for your problems?

God makes you suffer?

Are you sure God is being blamed here?

God makes you suffer?

Are you sure God is being blamed here?
As sure as I can be.

But then again this isn’t the first post of hers that I have read.

I lost track of time.
Maybe its getting help from a second party?

God makes you suffer?

It is ridiculous blaming something that doesn't exist for one's problems.

I lost track of time.
My other half thinks that’s very funny.

My other half thinks that’s very funny.
Thats because your other half can vouch that this is true.

God makes you suffer?

It is ridiculous blaming something that doesn't exist for one's problems.
That's funny that you don't find blaming someone else for your problems to be ridiculous.

Even funnier still are atheists discussing religion in the first place.

Forum List

Back