Do Atheists Believe In Love?

YWN666 - Funny how just because I don't have your point of view my comments are utter nonsense and an insult to "nonbelievers". If you don't believe, why should what I believe be an insult to you?

You are saying only believers can experience love. Sorry, but that is bullshit.

I'm not insulted that you don't believe. That's your choice and one of the things we have here in America - or at least for now - and that's freedom of religion, or the lack there of.

This has nothing to do with freedom of religion.

If I'm wrong about this thing called religion, and a belief in God, than all I've done for a good part of my life is to walk the earth appearing foolish to nonbelievers. However, if you are the one that is wrong I'm afraid that the consequences might be a bit more steep.

Cute. Another rehash of Pascal's Wager. It's a silly and illogical argument.

I can appreciate your view point.

Based on the above comment, I don't think you can.

I My personal opinion is that it is also a sad thing to not have a belief in God in your life too. If there is enough love in you then most likely you will have some degree of belief in God. That's my two cents worth...

Why do you think it to be sad? Why must someone have to have some belief in God in order to love? That sounds like a fallacy. Because to say in order to love, a person must have some God faith in themselves, is basically saying that without God, love is impossible. Which brings into question, do people love because God wants them too? Or do they just love?

Ok - question for all the atheists/non-theists/agnostics out there:

Do you believe in hate? Do you believe hate exists?

Hate is not something one believes in so your question makes no sense.

It makes as much sense as asking "do you believe in Love". I would think. Wouldn't you think that the Nazi's believed in hate?

Ok - question for all the atheists/non-theists/agnostics out there:

Do you believe in hate? Do you believe hate exists?

Hate is not something one believes in so your question makes no sense.

It makes as much sense as asking "do you believe in Love". I would think. Wouldn't you think that the Nazi's believed in hate?

They felt and expressed hate, they didn't believe in it.

YWN666 - I guess it's pretty apparent that you aren't too open to other people's opinion if it differs from yours. Seems like there is a lot of that in the world today... Guess we will have to agree to disagree. Have a great day.

YWN666 - I guess it's pretty apparent that you aren't too open to other people's opinion if it differs from yours. Seems like there is a lot of that in the world today... Guess we will have to agree to disagree. Have a great day.

I am open to others' opinions but will say something if those expressed opinions are insulting. Yours was insulting. Your comment tells me that you know nothing about non-believers.

Tinktink - Just an opinion on my part... I don't think you have to believe in God in order to love but I think that if you do have love in your life you might have some belief in God, or some higher power that you might call by a different name. Not stating anything as "fact". Just an opinion. Like other body parts, everybody has one. This one is mine...

YWN666 - Sorry if you have been insulted. I would never knowingly insult somebody but if you are insulted because you feel I don't know anything about non-believers, I would say that is more your problem than mine. I think you need a little bit thicker skin. Sorry my opinion offends you but it's my opinion and I stand by it. Maybe you aren't as open to other people's opinion as you might think. I don't think you should find a different opinion insulting. If you do, you probably spend a great deal of time being insulted. Different opinions are what make the world go round... If you get 10 people in a room you would be lucky to have 4 of them see the same thing in the same way. I personally don't care if you believe in God or not. It's your free will to do so, or not do so.

YWN666 - Sorry if you have been insulted. I would never knowingly insult somebody but if you are insulted because you feel I don't know anything about non-believers, I would say that is more your problem than mine.

So you say you're sorry and then say it is my problem. How sincere!

I think you need a little bit thicker skin. Sorry my opinion offends you but it's my opinion and I stand by it.

And I stand by my opinion that you're a smug asshole whose opinions of non-believers is based on ignorance.

Maybe you aren't as open to other people's opinion as you might think. I don't think you should find a different opinion insulting.

Oh, please......It is not insulting just because it is different. It is insulting because you denigrate people that you obviously know nothing about to make yourself look superior.

YWN666 - Superior? Me? I'm rolling on the floor laughing at you YWN666. I think you need to take a deep breath and relax a little bit. If you don't believe in God, I'm happy for you. It's your right. I was in the military for 20 years to defend your right to believe the way you do. If you knew me, you'd find that I'm far from "superior"! Smug asshole? Well, maybe. Sometimes the wife might agree with you on that too. If I understand you correctly, I am supposed to disregard everything I believe in just to accept your beliefs. No, I'm afraid that isn't going to happen. I am sorry that I offended you because as I said, I would never knowingly offend anybody but if my opinion offends you, than I really do think that is your problem. Your opinion doesn't offend me. I think you're wrong but you certainly have the right to feel the way you do just as I am free to my opinion. I can say that I admire your passion for what you believe, or don't believe, but I just happen to think you're wrong the same way you feel that I am wrong. If that makes me a smug asshole, well, ok.

i really don't think that atheism has anything to do with believing or not in love. Why do you try to put Love and God as the same?

more then that, there is one thing i know for sure, a person can live without believing in God but no one can live without love in his life.

Unless by 'believe in' one means 'believe in the existence of'. This is how we use ther term much of the time, sych as when asking whether someone believes in deity.

Or really could believe in hate if they trust in their feelings of hatred to guide them in their interactions with people.

Unless by 'believe in' one means 'believe in the existence of'. This is how we use ther term much of the time, sych as when asking whether someone believes in deity.

I don't think there is doubt in anyone's mind that hate does exist.

Or really could believe in hate if they trust in their feelings of hatred to guide them in their interactions with people.

Forum List

Back