Do Atheists Believe In Love?

Tank

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2009
Love is a man found belief, just like God.

Love is instinctive for a herd or clan or group mammal. It is a chemical reaction of the human mind (and dog mind, and cats, elephants, primates, etc.).

But that doesn't mean that it isn't something very, if not vitally important, and special. And for human beings who have the ability to reason and think abstractly, its something very unique and powerful. It can lift a person to a new level of existence and inspire humans to create works of incredible beauty and ingenuity.

What kills me are religious people who love their long-deceased mythical creators and saviors more than their spouses, parents, and even children.

you're kidding right?

love is knowing what one FEELS inside.

belief in G-d is acceptance of the existence of something supernatural that can't be proven and relies only on faith.

and before you call me an atheist, i'm not.

but if you want to play an analytical reasoning game, you need to set up your conditional statements better.

maybe this will help:

http://www.regentsprep.org/rEGENTS/MATH/tables/ifthen.htm

• Banned

you're kidding right?

belief in G-d is acceptance of the existence of something supernatural that can't be proven and relies only on faith.

God is knowing what one FEELS inside.

belief in love is acceptance of the existence of something supernatural that can't be proven and relies only on faith.

you're kidding right?

belief in love is acceptance of the existence of something supernatural that can't be proven and relies only on faith.

so if someone believes inside that there are little green men around him, then there are little green men around him?

please try again.

belief in love is acceptance of the existence of something supernatural that can't be proven and relies only on faith.[/QUOTE]

Wow, Tank, that's really deep. I can tell that you've had extensive training, education, and experience as a philosopher. God is knowing what I feel inside. So, when I'm hungry, and I know it, is that God? What about horny? If I have a stomach ache and I know its diarrhea, is that God? Cause that's what you're spewing on this forum.

The simple point is, you can no better prove that love exist then you can God.

There are probably more people that do not believe in love then they do in God.

That isn't applicable. Its like saying that imagination can't be proven to exist or happiness. Directly none of these can be proven to physically exist, but we see direct physical evidence that they do every where in our everyday experiences.

What exactly love is, is another question entirely and one I would think that could be defined differently by every person.

What? I'm almost certain that more people believe in love than believe in God.

What's your point?

Sorry to say, the Harvard debate team rejected your application.

"Whoever is without love does not know God, for God is love." [1 John 4:8 ]
"We have come to know and to believe in the love God has for us.
God is love, and whoever remains in love remains in God and God in them." [1 John 4:16]

So, when I'm hungry, and I know it, is that God?

Hungry for the bread of life, bitch! Or was it a cursed apple...?

What about horny?

Be fruitful and multiply... your ex needs the child support...

If I have a stomach ache and I know its diarrhea, is that God? Cause that's what you're spewing on this forum.
You're a Naughty, Naughty Boy, and That's Concentrated Evil Coming Out the Back of You!

"Whoever is without love does not know God, for God is love." [1 John 4:8 ]
"We have come to know and to believe in the love God has for us.
God is love, and whoever remains in love remains in God and God in them." [1 John 4:16]
Are you really this stupid, or do you just play an idiot on the internet?

'whoever remains in love remains in God'

I was in love with my ex, and I was never 'in' your imaginary friend- more bible DEBUNKED...

:eusa_whistle:

New Topics

Forum List

Back