Do any of you want this???

The more interesting question is how the corporate insurers play the righties? Of course millions would love to live in a nation in which the wealth resources and privileges are shared, that's what made America America. If you'd like to live in poverty and a slum move, lots of third world nations have shacks available.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...-healthcare-being-a-right-25.html#post4763674

Conservative thought will be banned under the new Healthcare reform act as so much negativity, greed, and self centered narcissism only leads to depression and grouchy, lined faces, and furthermore is contrary to the general welfare clause of the constitution. mc5

Yeah, now we have 76 million seniors who can't get any at all.
No Dr.'s are taking any new Medicare patients. Hospitals are now refusing them.
I love how the left keep upping the number of uninsured.
It went from 36 million to 40 million and now it's 50 million?

All I know is what I read in the papers:

Nation & World | More than 50 million Americans now without health insurance | Seattle Times Newspaper

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The number of Americans forced to go without health insurance skyrocketed during the recession.

According to a new report released this week, 9 million Americans who lost their jobs in 2008, 2009 and the first half of 2010 either couldn't afford or couldn't get replacement coverage. That pushed the number of uninsured Americans past 50 million.

Yeah....unless it might be the 50,000,000 who have no health care at all.

ONCE AND FOR f...ing ALL THERE ARE NOT 50,000,000 with NO health CARE!

10 million are NOT citizens that are called "uninsured"!
14 million who claim the are UNINSURED HAVE MEDICAID Coverage!
18 million who SAID THEY don't want and can afford and under 34 are counted as
UNINSURED!!!

BALD TRUTH: 8 million truly uninsured and need coverage!

And it doesn't TAKE destruction of the health care industry to cover them!

Every day, some "conservative" posts on these forums about how the "real underemployment" in this country is 17%. And for the most part, it's true.

You know what else is true? 17% of 300,000,000 is 51,000,000.

So, what you're asking us to believe, is that 17% of the population has no job or has a part-time job that barely pays enough to make ends meet, and yet still, tens of millions of those people can afford the average $13,000 a year for health insurance.

And you have zero evidence to back up your claim.

Sorry mate, I don't do faith-based economics.

Hey YOU WANT EVIDENCE???
Source: Census table People Without Health Insurance Coverage and Not a citizen 9,936,000
Newsroom: Income & Wealth: Income, Poverty and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2009

20 million counted as UNINSURED CHOOSE TO BE EVEN THOUGH THEY CAN AFFORD IT
Some scholars say the number of people who cannot afford insurance is overestimated. An Employment Policies Institute study found that 43 percent of the uninsured – about 20 million people - earn more than 2.5 times the federal poverty level, or $55,125 for a family of four. The authors – who include June O'Neill, the GOP-appointed head of the Congressional Budget Office from 1995 to 1999 - write "because most people at that income level are able to get insurance, (they) thus may be classified as 'voluntarily' uninsured."

Though some uninsured people may appear well-to-do on paper, other factors could still push insurance costs out of reach. Around 7.5 million uninsured Americans have family incomes higher than $75,000 but premiums may be high because of health status, age, cost of living and geography. While the federal poverty level is the same across the country--$10,830 for an individual and $22,050 for a family of four - premiums on the individual insurance market vary widely by state, according to research by America's Health Insurance Plans. In Massachusetts, the average annual premium for family coverage was $16,897 in 2007. In Wisconsin, it was $3,087.
People Who Choose Not To Have Health Insurance - Kaiser Health News

So 10 million NOT citizens 20 million can afford but don't want to buy is 30 million!

On this Census page:
www.census.gov/did/www/.../Medicaid-Participants-ACS-Content-Test.pdf

that 16.9 percent [9 million people] of those on Medicaid had claimed on their Census covered under Medicaid(insured) when asked said they were "uninsured". EVEN though they insured under Medicaid!

So That leaves of 50 million
10 million not citizens
20 million who can afford but don't want to buy
10 million COVERED by Medicaid say they are uninsured
40 million from supposedly 50 million

10 MILLION truly "uninsured".
So tax lawyers $100 billion use that to pay premium for "uninsured"!
THAT SIMPLE!!!
Uninsured goes to hospitals, are registered with Uninsured Health Insurance Company
and hospitals send claims to UHIC!
And they DON"T markup their services by 6,000% as they do RIGHT now to Medicare!

Claiming that 51,000,000 people are "uninsured" is silly. A lot of those people are young, and do not want or need insurance; many are married and covered by their spouses insurance; some are covered under COBRA; some are illegal and should not be counted at all.

The 51M number represents people with no coverage at all. No COBRA and no spousal benefits. And if you think someone who is younger doesn't need any coverage, then you're a fool.
I am a fool because I realize that it is a bad financial deal for young people to pay for health insurance? :lol: A fool is someone who pays for something they do not need. Most young people would be far better served purchasing a pair of walking shoes, foregoing the health insurance premiums, and instead investing the money in a Roth IRA. Then when they get older or have a family, they can purchase a high deductible plan. What we do not need is constant government meddling in personal matters.

And that's the guy that wraps his car around a tree...making ME pay for his medical bills. Brilliant.

The 51M number represents people with no coverage at all. No COBRA and no spousal benefits. And if you think someone who is younger doesn't need any coverage, then you're a fool.
I am a fool because I realize that it is a bad financial deal for young people to pay for health insurance? :lol: A fool is someone who pays for something they do not need. Most young people would be far better served purchasing a pair of walking shoes, foregoing the health insurance premiums, and instead investing the money in a Roth IRA. Then when they get older or have a family, they can purchase a high deductible plan. What we do not need is constant government meddling in personal matters.

And that's the guy that wraps his car around a tree...making ME pay for his medical bills. Brilliant.

Right On!!

The whole deal is about the fact that everybody needs insurance. I strained my budget when I was young to carry a quarter million dollars worth of term life insurance so that my wife and three young children wouldn't have to eat shit with the chickens if I was killed or died from a disease. Those who don't carry insurance are gamblers. Phuck 'Em and the horse they rode in on.

Last edited:
I love the lies. It's cute how you slip them in there like you think they're fact or something.

Simple question about that 75 year old and his surgery. If he wants to have it, and Obamacare doesn't pay for it, can he still have the surgery?

I'm curious about your answer.

probably will depend on how many available surgeons there still are......being a physician is not as attractive as before....

if he can find one.....then it depends on whether or not he can pay for it......

are you advocating a TWO TIER health care system........? what's wrong with just having obamacare.....? :lol:

I'm not. I'm merely pointing out your lie and the lie that is repeated ad nasueum by the right.

If the man wants the surgery, there is no law preventing him from having it. Obamacare does not prevent him from having it nor a surgeon from performing it. We're a free country. There is zero rationing of treatments, surgeries, prescriptions, etc.

But that doesn't mean the government should pay for it, which, oddly enough, you seem to think they SHOULD pay for it! For ANYTHING. You're entitled to your opinion, but I don't agree with you and thankfully neither do most lawmakers.

And if the Catholic Church doesn't want the government mandating they provide birth control for free, does that mean they can't get birth control?? Let's see, 20-30 per month they can't afford if they want it?? BTW, the Health Dept provides free birth control now.

What we have here is the 'Conservatives' argueing for the right to be irresponsible. To saddle all of us with their health care bills, with only the very wealthy gaining from this travesty.

All of the other industrial nations pay far less of their GNP for health care, and have far better results. They live longer, and their children are healthier. Yet the 'Conservatives' continue to argue that failure is good. And all the other industrial nations cover all of their citizens.

What it boils down to is that the 'Conservatives' care nothing about the health of the citizens of the US, but care only for the vast profits raked off by the very wealthy from our system.

But The Great Experiment was founded on the concept of one for all, all for one. And now, there are many of us staring into the dusk of our forevers. And some of us are in trouble therewith and need help and cannot pay for the horrendous cost therewith. We need a helping hand. We need some help.

It is the bane of a aging large group of us, as we see the dusk of our seasons coming across the Grand View of our time. And we a little help for which we cannot afford. As in all our nations' past, we need the swoop of the helping wing, come into us for a moment, and help us to the last.

Just a thought, for just a moment in the resounding hum of the great herd we are.

Hat is tipped on this topic, as I stare down the barrel of 60.......

Robert

probably will depend on how many available surgeons there still are......being a physician is not as attractive as before....

if he can find one.....then it depends on whether or not he can pay for it......

are you advocating a TWO TIER health care system........? what's wrong with just having obamacare.....? :lol:

I'm not. I'm merely pointing out your lie and the lie that is repeated ad nasueum by the right.

If the man wants the surgery, there is no law preventing him from having it. Obamacare does not prevent him from having it nor a surgeon from performing it. We're a free country. There is zero rationing of treatments, surgeries, prescriptions, etc.

But that doesn't mean the government should pay for it, which, oddly enough, you seem to think they SHOULD pay for it! For ANYTHING. You're entitled to your opinion, but I don't agree with you and thankfully neither do most lawmakers.

And if the Catholic Church doesn't want the government mandating they provide birth control for free, does that mean they can't get birth control?? Let's see, 20-30 per month they can't afford if they want it?? BTW, the Health Dept provides free birth control now.

Make it Universal Health Care, and the Catholic Church has no say in it at all.

Besides, this is just a political ploy, they have been providing that for years. Just now it is conveniant to make it a political issue. Given the number of Catholic women currently using contraceptives, this is going to have negative blowback for the Church.

No playa do game, no maka da rule.

What we have here is the 'Conservatives' argueing for the right to be irresponsible. To saddle all of us with their health care bills, with only the very wealthy gaining from this travesty.

All of the other industrial nations pay far less of their GNP for health care, and have far better results. They live longer, and their children are healthier. Yet the 'Conservatives' continue to argue that failure is good. And all the other industrial nations cover all of their citizens.

What it boils down to is that the 'Conservatives' care nothing about the health of the citizens of the US, but care only for the vast profits raked off by the very wealthy from our system.

What we have here is a bunch of right wing folks who want to talk about what we can or cannot do in our bedrooms while 15,000,000 Americans who want to work can't find a job. They just never have got their shit together.

What we have here is a bunch of right wing folks who want to talk about what we can or cannot do in our bedrooms while 15,000,000 Americans who want to work can't find a job. They just never have got their shit together.

Agree with this to a point. But The Great Experiment was founded on draconian memory of a rancid king, and those that fled seeked the long view based on the maxiom of one for all, all for one. My family was some of those, 7 generations ago, arriving here in 1641 from Scotland. There were 9 of us. After the first winter, there were 4.

They stared out on the long view, and reached out for another in need. It must be the same today, without the entitlement and graff. We need to embrace the fact some fall through the cracks, while others excel. That is the way of a Federal Republic

As the Great Herd changes, we will adjust, as we have and always do.

Robert

Every day, some "conservative" posts on these forums about how the "real underemployment" in this country is 17%. And for the most part, it's true.

You know what else is true? 17% of 300,000,000 is 51,000,000.

So, what you're asking us to believe, is that 17% of the population has no job or has a part-time job that barely pays enough to make ends meet, and yet still, tens of millions of those people can afford the average $13,000 a year for health insurance.

And you have zero evidence to back up your claim.

Sorry mate, I don't do faith-based economics

What the hell?? Don't you know how to suspend your disbelief? You will never make a good Rethug if you can't. There is no good reason for a Repub to back up claims with facts.

You've never paid for someone else's medical bills in your life.

Will the repubs in Congress pass a bill that makes it illegal for Catholic women to use birth contro?
I think they should.

I pay for them every day I go to work and pay taxes. I insure the uninsured just like every other tax paying citizen in this country...but we do it in the most expensive way possible.

I pay for them every day I go to work and pay taxes. I insure the uninsured just like every other tax paying citizen in this country...but we do it in the most expensive way possible.

Yea, well, so what? Me to.

What pisses me off is that the guvmint FORCES those hospitals to provide care to those with no insurance.

Who the hell the guvmint think it is. Trying to get 'Mercans to pay for their insurance. We don't need to pay for insurance (according to Repubs) when you can get if for "free".

And you want to improve that by making it worse? Obamacare will have you paying higher taxes to pay for more people.

Yep....we're the only country in the world where over 500 companies make a bottom line profit off of sick people and we still rank 37th in general health and longevity.

Yep....we're the only country in the world where over 500 companies make a bottom line profit off of sick people and we still rank 37th in general health and longevity.

Actually we have the best medical system in the world. Where are virtually all drugs developed? Where are virtually all medical procedures and equipment developed?
Gd forbid someone should make a profit out of helping people live longer healthier lives. The medical companies are probably underpaid for what they do. Think of the increased productivity that comes when someone has cataract surgery and is back at work that day, instead of a month in bed, as it was in the 1950s.

Forum List

Back