Do Any of Trump's Opponents Offer Real Change?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Obviously, Trump's promise of change (or at least unpredictability) is a big part of his appeal. The question for the other GOP candidates is how much change do they really offer? Aside from the usual campaign rhetoric, most of them tout their records as showing that they are simply "more qualified" than their opposition. Even Ted Cruz's Constitutional Conservatism seems more like a legal/policy argument than a fundamental call to action.

While I would support any of the other GOP candidates over the politically correct idiocy than has infected the Democratic Party, I wonder if any of them would be able steer the USS Titanic away from the ice berg it is heading towards.

Obviously, Trump's promise of change (or at least unpredictability) is a big part of his appeal. The question for the other GOP candidates is how much change do they really offer? Aside from the usual campaign rhetoric, most of them tout their records as showing that they are simply "more qualified" than their opposition. Even Ted Cruz's Constitutional Conservatism seems more like a legal/policy argument than a fundamental call to action.

While I would support any of the other GOP candidates over the politically correct idiocy than has infected the Democratic Party, I wonder if any of them would be able steer the USS Titanic away from the ice berg it is heading towards.
May not make it to the iceberg. Obama has already wired the Titanic with explosives.

The problem is, the political correctness has now infiltratred the Republican Party also. Most of them are just terrified of offending people, they are careful how they phrase things and even careful with what individual words they use.

The Donald is so popular, simply because he doesn't care if he offends people, he's just telling it as it is and that's very refreshing....and this is a part of the reason why people are liking him.

May not make it to the iceberg. Obama has already wired the Titanic with explosives.

And there weren't enough lifeboats to begin with....so....:wine: :eusa_doh:

The Republicans running against Trump are pussies!!! Why aren't the quoting Trump 2016?

Trump said in 2016 that a president under an indictment would cause a constitutional crisis

Trump made the comments about then-presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.

“We could very well have a sitting president under felony indictment and ultimately a criminal trial,” Trump said at the rally. “It would grind government to a halt.”

So why isn't Nikki or Ron or Chris Christie making this main attack against Trump a week before Iowa?

Forum List

Back