Do any Dems know?

Heard on the radio today that we could double our national production if current leases are drilled on... face it these elevated prices are meant to motivate idiots like you to write congress telling them to cut loose with some leases... fuck you cats and your ignorance... I am tired of you anti american ways....

Heard on the radio today that we could double our national production if current leases are drilled on... face it these elevated prices are meant to motivate idiots like you to write congress telling them to cut loose with some leases... fuck you cats and your ignorance... I am tired of you anti american ways....

What station Air America? 4 out of 5 current government leases don't contain enough oil for commerical drilling, cat. We need to drill areas were there are proven large oil reserves. Anwr and develop oil shale in the Rockies.....

What station Air America? 4 out of 5 current government leases don't contain enough oil for commerical drilling, cat. We need to drill areas were there are proven large oil reserves. Anwr and develop oil shale in the Rockies.....
Explain to me why a large oil company would buy land leases without oil... Your talking about individual and small companies that buy leases next to oil reserves hoping to turn a profit at lease auctions... I'm not talking about these cats that you are using to make it seem like you actually have a point to make... again.. we need a use it or loose it program...

MSNBC just reported 60million acres of untapped yet leased land. NPR reported that if we drilled this land we would double our output... If however we did this and tapped every oil field in this country and had it on the market tomorow it would neither decrease our imports or noticably have an effect on the price...

Buckminster Fuller said, "There is no energy crisis. There is only a crisis of ignorance."

Explain to me why a large oil company would buy land leases without oil... Your talking about individual and small companies that buy leases next to oil reserves hoping to turn a profit at lease auctions... I'm not talking about these cats that you are using to make it seem like you actually have a point to make... again.. we need a use it or loose it program...

MSNBC just reported 60million acres of untapped yet leased land. NPR reported that if we drilled this land we would double our output... If however we did this and tapped every oil field in this country and had it on the market tomorow it would neither decrease our imports or noticably have an effect on the price...

Apparently some folks can't quite wrap their heads around the fact that the current spike in oil prices has nothing to do with the supply of oil.

There is NO shortage of oil. Contracts are filled in a timely fashion.

The oil companies want sweetheart deals written RIGHT NOW while their man, BUSH is in power. Then they'll likely sit on them, just as they're sitting on other leases right now.

They don't need the oil, right now, but they surely want to gain control of it right now.

That is why these dimwits are being told that if but only they could drill ANWR and the continental shelf, the price of oil would fall.

The price of oil won't drop, but hey, it's a good enough, simple enough story to convince the idiots.

Last edited:
Apparently some folks can't quite wrap their heads around the fact that the current spike in oil prices has nothing to do with the supply of oil.

There is NO shortage of oil. Contracts are filled in a timely fashion.

The oil companies want sweetheart deals written RIGHT NOW while their man, BUSH is in power. Then they'll likely sit on them, just as they're sitting on other leases right now.

They don't need the oil, right now, but they surely want to gain control of it right now.

That is why these dimwits are being told that if but only they could drill ANWR and the continental shelf, the price of oil would fall.

The price of oil won't drop, but hey, it's a good enough, simple enough story to convince the idiots.

Drilling and development of oil shale would have no effect on oil prices.
Squeezing Oil Out of Stones in the Rocky Mountains : NPR
A study by the Rand Corporation estimates the sedimentary rock in the corner where Utah borders Colorado and Wyoming holds about 800 billion barrels. That's three times the size of Saudi Arabia's oil reserves.

3 times the size of the Saudi's oil reserves but no effect on prices, sure.:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back