Do any Dems know?

Read an interview last week where this cat was talking about oil companies fearing that a democratic whitehouse would be less likely to dole out oil leases. He said that oil companies were trying to get as many leases as possible out of the bush administration.... I wonder what would have to happen to the price of oil to force the hand of public opinion enough to motivate Floridians to want to drill off of their coast...

The rest of you igorant right fucks have already bought this supply shortage theory hook line and sinker....enough so that you will post every other day some nonsense about more drilling and less regulation...

The first paragraph is interesting, the second is funny. I would call it a virtual certainty that getting oil leases with a Dem in the White House will be less likely or even impossible. It would defeat the carefully constructed paradigm shift in energy over 20 years in the making. Forcing energy prices ever higher is a CORE part of the far left agenda.

Only with Super-inflated oil prices do many of alternatives make any financial sense at all. So in order to create the necessity for development of alternatives, liberals have first allowed environmental groups to have standing to sue oil companies trying to drill (unleashing the trial lawyers); limited, at every turn, the places available to drill and imposed draconian regulations on refinery development even if an oil company could get past the phalanx of suits that would be brought against them. All this in an effort to get to where we are right now.

And who will pay? Not me really. My clients pay my fuel costs for the most part. Putting gas in my boat hurts a bit, but not so much I won't do it. Nope, the people supposedly represented by the liberals. The working poor and poor. The lower middle class barely scraping by. All of those people can say a big FUCK YOU to the liberals that represent their interests and just shoved them under the bus without a second thought. They won't though. They'll just get blinded by some nice fucked up health care that they'll be given to soften the blow.

So tell me all about it nancy.. its the libs that are stymiing developement, driving up prices. What happened when the pubs ran the lot in DC... why didnt jeb drill oil till the cows came home down there in florida... Should have been open season on oil...

Riddle me this batman... Is there a shortage right now in oil....

The first paragraph is interesting, the second is funny. I would call it a virtual certainty that getting oil leases with a Dem in the White House will be less likely or even impossible. It would defeat the carefully constructed paradigm shift in energy over 20 years in the making. Forcing energy prices ever higher is a CORE part of the far left agenda.

Only with Super-inflated oil prices do many of alternatives make any financial sense at all. So in order to create the necessity for development of alternatives, liberals have first allowed environmental groups to have standing to sue oil companies trying to drill (unleashing the trial lawyers); limited, at every turn, the places available to drill and imposed draconian regulations on refinery development even if an oil company could get past the phalanx of suits that would be brought against them. All this in an effort to get to where we are right now.

And who will pay? Not me really. My clients pay my fuel costs for the most part. Putting gas in my boat hurts a bit, but not so much I won't do it. Nope, the people supposedly represented by the liberals. The working poor and poor. The lower middle class barely scraping by. All of those people can say a big FUCK YOU to the liberals that represent their interests and just shoved them under the bus without a second thought. They won't though. They'll just get blinded by some nice fucked up health care that they'll be given to soften the blow.

The only way oil prices will go up BECAUSE of the Democrats is if the Oil Companies purposely jack up prices to make the Democrats look bad. That might even be why they are jacking up the prices now. Luckily, its not working.

But when Obama runs again in 2112, the Oil Companies might try to jack up prices in 2011 to lower his approval ratings.

But that's why it is important Obama wins. He'll appoint the person to oversee that industry. Right now it is a Bush man, and he's not inforcing any laws right now. NOT ONE. They are letting the oil companies speculate away. In fact, the guy himself is a oil man.

And good luck getting the Bushie Attorney General to do anything about it. Because he too is a Bushy. Not as bad as Gonzo, but bad still.

So if McCain is president, expect gas to be $8 a gallon in 2009, because then they can blame the Democratic Congress for it. And they'll force Congress to let them tap ANWAR and Offshore.

They won't be able to gouge us if we have an all Democratic Government. I know that scares some people because of what the GOP did from 2000-2006, but we must undo what the GOP did to the country.

So tell me all about it nancy.. its the libs that are stymiing developement, driving up prices. What happened when the pubs ran the lot in DC... why didnt jeb drill oil till the cows came home down there in florida... Should have been open season on oil...

Riddle me this batman... Is there a shortage right now in oil....

Hopefully we don't have any October Surprises:

After the release of the hostages on the same day as Reagan's inauguration on January 20, 1981, some charged that the Reagan campaign made a secret deal with the Iranian government whereby the Iranians would hold the hostages until Reagan was inaugurated, ensuring that Carter would lose the election.

Who was the head of the CIA back then? HW Bush? Wow!!!!

Hopefully we don't have any October Surprises:

After the release of the hostages on the same day as Reagan's inauguration on January 20, 1981, some charged that the Reagan campaign made a secret deal with the Iranian government whereby the Iranians would hold the hostages until Reagan was inaugurated, ensuring that Carter would lose the election.

Who was the head of the CIA back then? HW Bush? Wow!!!!

Good Lord! Let me try to stop this tail-spinning thread before it gets completely out of control. Are you people trying sum up every lame-brained Internet BS conspiracy theory you ever came across in one thread?

Sealy do you realize you just said that HW Bush was Jimmy Carter's DCI? That might come as some news to Adm. Stansfield Turner who was actually DCI at the time. You forgot to say that Bush was flying in an SR-71 Blackbird when he made the trip. I think that's how the theorists make the time line work. Geeez! Nut Job!

The only way oil prices will go up BECAUSE of the Democrats is if the Oil Companies purposely jack up prices to make the Democrats look bad. That might even be why they are jacking up the prices now. Luckily, its not working.

But when Obama runs again in 2112, the Oil Companies might try to jack up prices in 2011 to lower his approval ratings.

But that's why it is important Obama wins. He'll appoint the person to oversee that industry. Right now it is a Bush man, and he's not inforcing any laws right now. NOT ONE. They are letting the oil companies speculate away. In fact, the guy himself is a oil man.

And good luck getting the Bushie Attorney General to do anything about it. Because he too is a Bushy. Not as bad as Gonzo, but bad still.

So if McCain is president, expect gas to be $8 a gallon in 2009, because then they can blame the Democratic Congress for it. And they'll force Congress to let them tap ANWAR and Offshore.

They won't be able to gouge us if we have an all Democratic Government. I know that scares some people because of what the GOP did from 2000-2006, but we must undo what the GOP did to the country.

You dropped Econ in college right? Little too tough all those silly little supply and demand curves. They just made your head spin huh?

So under your theory, if the Democrats continue to artificially reduce supply by limiting exploration, the price should drop. Well, that makes perfect sense. NOT.

And, yes everything is probably a political conspiracy perpetrated by omniscient and omnipotent George W. Bush et al. (I find it fascinating that Bush is both a bumbling idiot incompetent and the smartest most devious guy in the world capable of perpetrating massive fraud and deception throughout the world on supposedly brilliant left-wingers without their noticing a thing until it's too late.)

But that is the definition of a liberal -- the ability to hold two diametrically opposing view points in your head at the same time with no dissonance.

(I find it fascinating that Bush is both a bumbling idiot incompetent and the smartest most devious guy in the world capable of perpetrating massive fraud and deception throughout the world on supposedly brilliant left-wingers without their noticing a thing until it's too late.)

yeah I have laughed about this for 8 years now. They want to have it both ways. He is both an Idiot and a evil Genius. Pretty damn funny if you ask me.

IMO he is just an Idiot :)

You dropped Econ in college right? Little too tough all those silly little supply and demand curves. They just made your head spin huh?

So under your theory, if the Democrats continue to artificially reduce supply by limiting exploration, the price should drop. Well, that makes perfect sense. NOT.

And, yes everything is probably a political conspiracy perpetrated by omniscient and omnipotent George W. Bush et al. (I find it fascinating that Bush is both a bumbling idiot incompetent and the smartest most devious guy in the world capable of perpetrating massive fraud and deception throughout the world on supposedly brilliant left-wingers without their noticing a thing until it's too late.)

But that is the definition of a liberal -- the ability to hold two diametrically opposing view points in your head at the same time with no dissonance.

Or one could say that the definition of a kool aid drinker is someone who ignores even the government's own reports and repeats the party line ad nauseum even though all evidence points in the opposite direction.

Can you say cognitive dissonance? Sure...I knew ya could :eusa_shhh:

Now read....

With respect to the world oil price impact, projected ANWR oil production constitutes between 0.4 and 1.2 percent of total world oil consumption in 2030, based on the low and high resource cases, respectively.17 Consequently, ANWR oil production is not projected to have a large impact on world oil prices.

EIA - Analysis of Crude Oil Production in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge - Results

If you want prices to come down, your guy Cheney should stop having secret meetings planning energy policy with oil execs and lobbyists cause they're the only ones who benefit from ANWR drilling.

Read an interview last week where this cat was talking about oil companies fearing that a democratic whitehouse would be less likely to dole out oil leases. He said that oil companies were trying to get as many leases as possible out of the bush administration.... I wonder what would have to happen to the price of oil to force the hand of public opinion enough to motivate Floridians to want to drill off of their coast...

The rest of you igorant right fucks have already bought this supply shortage theory hook line and sinker....enough so that you will post every other day some nonsense about more drilling and less regulation...

Those "igorant right fucks" are over 60% of the US population. 4 out of 5 of government leases doesn't have enough oil for commerical drilling. We should be tapping known oil reserves.....duh...

Or one could say that the definition of a kool aid drinker is someone who ignores even the government's own reports and repeats the party line ad nauseum even though all evidence points in the opposite direction.

Can you say cognitive dissonance? Sure...I knew ya could :eusa_shhh:

Now read....

EIA - Analysis of Crude Oil Production in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge - Results

If you want prices to come down, your guy Cheney should stop having secret meetings planning energy policy with oil execs and lobbyists cause they're the only ones who benefit from ANWR drilling.

Ok, ANWR coupled with drilling in the Rockies will have a meaningful impact on our prices. Along with that, serious incentatives to the private sector to develop alternate energy sources. I wish Congress would stop with their partisan bickering and actually get something done. Of course that could be why their approval rate is so low.

Those "igorant right fucks" are over 60% of the US population. 4 out of 5 of government leases doesn't have enough oil for commerical drilling. We should be tapping known oil reserves.....duh...

You going on record saying that there is a shortage of oil?

I'm going on record to say there is a perceived oil shortage, which is helping to drive the price of oil to the moon.....

The shortage is not of crude oil, it is of our capability to refine said crude oil into gas. The entire world is at around 99% of its capabilities to refine crude into gas.

This is why I keep saying we need more refineries.

There is also the perception that there will be a shortage of Crude in the near future which helps the speculators drive up the price today.

Last edited:
The shortage is not of crude oil, it is of our capability to refine said crude oil into gas. The entire world is at around 99% of its capabilities to refine crude into gas.

This is why I keep saying we need more refineries.

There is also the perception that there will be a shortage of Crude in the near future which helps the speculators drive up the price today.

More refineries would help, how long has it been since one refinery has been built? Why aren't we using oil shale?

Squeezing Oil Out of Stones in the Rocky Mountains : NPR

A study by the Rand Corporation estimates the sedimentary rock in the corner where Utah borders Colorado and Wyoming holds about 800 billion barrels. That's three times the size of Saudi Arabia's oil reserves

More refineries would help, how long has it been since one refinery has been built? Why aren't we using oil shale?

Squeezing Oil Out of Stones in the Rocky Mountains : NPR

A study by the Rand Corporation estimates the sedimentary rock in the corner where Utah borders Colorado and Wyoming holds about 800 billion barrels. That's three times the size of Saudi Arabia's oil reserves

It has been well over 30 years since we built a new refinery, and shale oil is pretty new, I am not sure why we are not developing it yet, but I would guess those opposed to drilling would also be opposed to shale.

for those of you that do not know what oil shale is, it is basically oil that has not fully became crude oil yet. Nature would take another few million years to finish converting it into oil, but we recently developed the technology to hurry it along.

it is Believed we have a vast amount of potential oil in the form on shale in the mid west alone and even more in the rockies.

It has been well over 30 years since we built a new refinery, and shale oil is pretty new, I am not sure why we are not developing it yet, but I would guess those opposed to drilling would also be opposed to shale.

for those of you that do not know what oil shale is, it is basically oil that has not fully became crude oil yet. Nature would take another few million years to finish converting it into oil, but we recently developed the technology to hurry it along.

it is Believed we have a vast amount of potential oil in the form on shale in the mid west alone and even more in the rockies.
OMFG... do you people ever do any research... Oil from shale concept has been around for decades... its always been beyond the reach of cost effectiveness... now if anyone thought this oil bubble would last you could bet your ass that companies would be tripping over each other trying to get at it..

Repeat after me.. there is no oil shortage... there is no fuel shortage.. there is no shortage of speculators that drivie the prices up a bit...

No. It won't. Read the report I linked. What WILL have an impact is us transitioning to alternative energy. Our energy policy is f'd in the head....

1. drill the land we already gave you exxon and then come ask us if you can have anwar. maybe by then we won't need oil. quit dragging your feet on alternative energy too.

2. stop excessive speculating

3. go back to making 8 cents profit on every dollar of gas you sell. they upped it to 9. may not seem like a lot but this is HUGE!

OMFG... do you people ever do any research... Oil from shale concept has been around for decades... its always been beyond the reach of cost effectiveness... now if anyone thought this oil bubble would last you could bet your ass that companies would be tripping over each other trying to get at it..

Repeat after me.. there is no oil shortage... there is no fuel shortage.. there is no shortage of speculators that drivie the prices up a bit...

Yes I do research, If you did you would know that recently we have found ways to cost effectively harvest shale oil, Or you could just keep posting your propaganda. It is up to you.

As far as shortage no shortage and speculators. The main reason the speculators are able to drive up the price is because we get 70% of our oil from nations that do not really like us. Which are in areas that tend to be on the verge of War. If we secured more sources domestically we could assure those sources would remain available and that would help lower the price. However feel free to keep repeating the Democrat Talking points on the matter and not thinking for yourself.

If you can not see that it would be better to get most of our oil from Domestic sources than it is to get them from the Middle east, and Hugo, then I can't help you. You are hopelessly lost.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back