Do any climate deniers

I'm just wondering if climate change deniers know the population of the world. That is all I am asking at the moment. There is a point, but I'm just trying to get an idea of what they know. BTW, this is not a trick question or anything like that.
Name them.

Climate change deniers on this board, or the 7.8 billion people on this planet?

I'm just wondering if climate change deniers know the population of the world. That is all I am asking at the moment. There is a point, but I'm just trying to get an idea of what they know. BTW, this is not a trick question or anything like that.
Name them.

All the people.

Well there's Donald and Melania Trump. Barack Obama. Vlad Putin. That's a start...

Name them.

All the people.

Well there's Donald and Melania Trump. Barack Obama. Vlad Putin. That's a start...
This isn't a trick question. I'm just trying to get an idea of what you know.

I know that almost every person I know accepts the total population of the world when it is given. How do they know the population number is accurate to within a couple of million? Sure, a lot of countries will perform a census, but the vast majority don't. Especially those in poorer, more populated countries where most of the population growth happens. So how do they predict it? Modelling. Just the same way they predict man-made climate change. I find it interesting. I'm confident a shitload of people who don't believe that man is contributing to climate change due to the methods used to prove it (modelling), do believe in the approximation given of the population of the Earth using said method (modelling).

I know that almost every person I know accepts the total population of the world when it is given. How do they know the population number is accurate to within a couple of million? Sure, a lot of countries will perform a census, but the vast majority don't. Especially those in poorer, more populated countries where most of the population growth happens. So how do they predict it? Modelling. Just the same way they predict man-made climate change. I find it interesting. I'm confident a shitload of people who don't believe that man is contributing to climate change due to the methods used to prove it (modelling), do believe in the approximation given of the population of the Earth using said method (modelling).

I don't deny that man can and most likely has affected the climate.

Sofa king watt?

Last edited:

You’re an idiot. Climate is 1000s of times more complex than counting/estimating the number of people on the planet.

But since you brought it up, why don’t you cite the model from 10 or 20 years ago that accurately predicted today’s climate. The reality is all the models have failed, just like your thread.

You’re an idiot. Climate is 1000s of times more complex than counting/estimating the number of people on the planet.

But since you brought it up, why don’t you cite the model from 10 or 20 years ago that accurately predicted today’s climate. The reality is all the models have failed, just like your thread.

No it's not. It's not that complex at all to the scientists who work in the area.
Really? Links to these failures?
BTW, some models don't work out that is true. However, that is not the case with the vast majority of cases when it comes to man-made climate change.

No it's not. It's not that complex at all to the scientists who work in the area.
BTW, some models don't work out that is true. However, that is not the case with the vast majority of cases when it comes to man-made climate change.

Awesome! What is the "average global temperature" going to be in 2040?
How will they know?

Awesome! What is the "average global temperature" going to be in 2040?
How will they know?

Modelling!
I live in Sydney, Australia. Every morning I look at the weather forecast on the Sydney Morning Herald website. They predict the coming week and do long-range forecasts up to a month. They predict not only the temperature, but if it will rain or not. They are on the money every time with a degree or two. And it rains every day they say it is, even four weeks out from the event. How? Modelling the weather patterns.

Yeah, I was looking at this one. World Population Clock: 7.8 Billion People (2020) - Worldometer

Really weird 'seeing' people dying in real time and every second....
I'm not sure it's weird, but I do look at that and wonder when that one will roll over for me. *shrug*

The problem is that it is growing much faster than we are dying off if you consider that some kind of problem. I do, but I don't have an answer for it.

All the models are failures, and they are all created by experts who don’t even agree. But ole Doc Grumpy thinks he’s got it figured out. Read the last sentence of the following paragraph, and you will realize that the experts know how complicated and uncertain all of this climate modeling is.

I stand by my previous assessment of you- you’re an idiot.

Climate Change Is Very Real. But So Much of It Is Uncertain
That makes calculating the carbon budget—the amount of greenhouse gases humanity can emit globally while adhering to certain goals—an unenviable task. (The goal of the Paris Agreement was 1.5 degrees Celsius above preindustrial levels; we’re already at 1 degree.) Different teams of researchers have reached wildly diverging conclusions, from “We can emit 1,000 gigatonnes more CO2 before we reach 1.5 degrees” to “Sorry, but we’ve already spent our carbon budget for 1.5.” There is simply too much uncertainty in the models.

Obviously, even where there is a regular census, not every year is a census year, and so modeling is involved in the years between. Also, census is not necessarily done by counting every person, but a subset, and the end result is arrived at by modeling.

But then, no one has told the denialists this number is just a result of models, and thus suspect. Yet.

Forum List

Back