Do Americans realize that the cause of the Vietnam war being a lie?

Donald Polish

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2014
Kansas City
I recently learned that the Vietnam war was started over the Gulf of Tonkin incident and that is was completely fabricated.
Gulf of Tonkin incident - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I was amazed and can't understand why people still talk about Watergate 40 years later but not this.
I don't support starting a war because of fabricated causes. I do not support any war.
napalm.jpg

I recently learned that the Vietnam war was started over the Gulf of Tonkin incident and that is was completely fabricated.

I was amazed and can't understand why people still talk about Watergate 40 years later but not this.
I don't support starting a war because of fabricated causes. I do not support any war.
napalm.jpg
Google some more. Vietnam was well under way before LBJ and Tonkin.

So was the First Gulf War in Iraq. ...... :cool:
Can you please stay on point.
Your post contributes nothing to this thread.
The war in Vietnam was one of economics. Our participation made some companies a lot of money.
All the materiel required to fight the war was responsible for ramping up manufacturing, research and development of new weapons technology, etc...
55,000 american lives lost and hundreds of thousands of soldiers came home to protests, mental issues and physical maladies. For what?

"Do Americans realize that the cause of the Vietnam war being a lie?"

Just as the failed, illegal wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were based on a lie.

What's troubling and telling is that many on the right have failed to learn the lesson of Vietnam: that an indigenous people determined to resist the United States – or any Western nation, for that matter – will eventually be victorious; no matter how many are killed or how many cities razed by bombing and other conventional means, American forces are eventually compelled to leave.

Now we have conservatives who want to repeat the same mistake as Vietnam, by sending conventional American ground forces to Syria and Iraq to pointlessly die in an meaningless war 'fighting' the self-proclaimed 'Islamic state,' where eventually we'll be compelled to leave, the terrorists victorious.

napalm.jpg
Google some more. Vietnam was well under way before LBJ and Tonkin.

Indeed. The "Gulf of Tonkin" incident was pulled off as a reason to put forth a full scale elevation of the war. It was a lie from the beginning, not unlike the first Gulf War and the subsequent Iraq and Afghanistan nonsense.

Corporations got filthy rich, I got wounded and several good friends were lost in Vietnam.

What's troubling and telling is that many on the right have failed to learn the lesson of Vietnam: that an indigenous people determined to resist the United States – or any Western nation, for that matter – will eventually be victorious; no matter how many are killed or how many cities razed by bombing and other conventional means, American forces are eventually compelled to leave.

Now we have conservatives who want to repeat the same mistake as Vietnam, by sending conventional American ground forces to Syria and Iraq to pointlessly die in an meaningless war 'fighting' the self-proclaimed 'Islamic state,' where eventually we'll be compelled to leave, the terrorists victorious.
I blame Woodrow Wilson for lying us into WWI.

Do us all a favor hypocrite and shut the hell up. You never had the guts to wear the uniform to begin with. Your opinion means nothing.

Can you please stay on point.
Your post contributes nothing to this thread.
The war in Vietnam was one of economics. Our participation made some companies a lot of money.
All the materiel required to fight the war was responsible for ramping up manufacturing, research and development of new weapons technology, etc...
55,000 american lives lost and hundreds of thousands of soldiers came home to protests, mental issues and physical maladies. For what?
Bite me Poindexter. ...... :cool:

napalm.jpg

So, you're polish?

You guys like not being occupied by the Red Army?

Why don't Americans talk more about the blowing up of the Maine likely being an accident instead of deliberate? The Maine was used to drum up the Spanish American War.
Because time.
In other news, where are the weapons of mass destruction?
Time won't tell.

So was the First Gulf War in Iraq. ...... :cool:
Bull Shit sunni boy! The first gulf war was the result of an invasion of Kuwait by Iraq to recoup what the sand maggot lost in the war against Iran. The Vietnam war was was the result of the SEATO treaty and fear of the domino theory. Two different games but then again ignorance is bliss?

The North Vietnamese were actually neutral if not supportive of America to begin with, because Vietnamese communism was opposed to Chinese communism.

Then America made the mistake of taking the place of the French, and trying to support the South Vietnamese, which in turn angered the North Vietnamese.

America could have quite easily played the North Vietnamese against the Chinese, and negotiated a peace between the North and South Vietnamese. But instead America got involved, messed up, and lost a lot of lives for very little.

napalm.jpg

Thank you for your post. I will read up on this. I've noticed LOT'S of our wars are fabricated due to the American Industrial Complex. We lie about our History to keep it Pleasantville. We killed Indians to take their land which was the platform for what Hitler was trying to do. We are not a perfect land and we need to start learning and changing.

Forum List

Back