Do Americans live a wasteful life? What do Americans Politicians?

The efforts to regulate climate change fell apart when it became known that the data relied on was faked.

How did global warming become climate change? Because global warming was a fraud. The only purpose of using a fraud like climate change is a foundation to de-industrialize the industrialized nations.

Hi everybody!

I hope you don't take my questions personally. I just want to receive some personal opinions, because I need it for my skilling work (subject: Environmental policy in the United States).

Anyways, I'm a german student, 12th grade and I've got a couple of questions I'd like to ask to you. I do not want to oblige you to answer them all, but it would be great if you do so. So here are my questions (hope you understand them all - if not, enquire me to explain them):

1) Do Americans live a wasteful life?
2) What do Americans Politicians / the U.S. Government against the effects of climate change?
3) Is Obama successful against climate change or has Nixon or Bush been more successful?
4) What does the U.S. Government for encoraging (right expression?) the American population for (having?) more environmental consciousness?
5) How important is environmental policy for the American society today? Did it change when Obama was elected?
6) Why did the USA never ratify the Kyoto Protocol? What did the state do instead? What do you personally think; should the US ratify it and why?
7) Why did the Obama's new environment law fail? Has there been anything against it?
8) Does the United States have taxes against air pollution?
9) How environmentally friendly are big U.S. brands? Are theses brands against the implementation of environmental laws / taxes and do they influence American politicians?
10) What do you do personally for helping the nature?

If you can give me some trusted sources, stats for supporting your arguments etc. I would be very gratful! Thank you so much!!! I ♥ America!

Best regards from Germany
11secure

1. yes

Waste and Recycling Facts | Clean Air Council

In 2008, the average amount of waste generated by each person in America per day was 4.5 pounds. 1.1 pounds of that was recycled, and .4 pounds, including yard waste, was sent to composting. In total, 24.3% of waste was recycled, 8.9% was composted, and 66.8% was sent to a landfill or incinerated. 13

2. Very little

The present debate in Congress is not what to do about it, but if it even exists, and if it does, are we the cause?
We have shipped much of our manufacturing to China, so they are now the largest emitter of GHGs, while we remain pretty much at the same level.

3. Nixon did great work during his administration on pollution. But climate change was not even an issue then. It was not until the '80's that climate change began to be a political issue. At this time, until the energy corporations have less influence, the efforts of any President will be futile in the US.

4. There are numerous programs at both the federal and state level.

State Environmental Policy News - Green Building: Federal, State and Local Levels

5. Much verbal support, little real support. Outright opposition from the 'Conservatives' as opposed to conservatives.

6. Given what we are seeing in the Arctic, the Kyoto Treaty is irrelevant. Too little, too late. Here in Oregon we have a very forward looking program concerning alterantive energies. One of our biggest partners in that is Solar World from Germany.

State of Oregon: ODOE: Renewable Energy

OIT Portland | Renewable Energy Engineering - Overview

7. Any environmental law that impacts big energy is going to fail in this nation at present. Any law that the President is for will automatically be rejected by the GOP no matter how neccessary it is for the nation.

8. No

What green taxes does the United States impose?

9. Environmental Economics: Environmentally Responsible Companies

2011 Award Winners | Green Power Partnership | US EPA

The companies presently impacting environmental law in the biggest ways are the ones that are doing it negatively. Exxon-Mobile, companies of the Koch brothers, ect.

10. Try to have as little impact as possible on it. Most of my leisure time is spent in the outdoors in some of the least inhabited areas of the Pacific Northwest. No trace camping, ect. My life style needs improvement, and it will as soon as I retire. Then I will be gardening and canning a lot of my own food. Making energy from solar and, if applicable to the land I purchase, wind.

But no individual can have the neccessary impact on his or her own to make up for what the whole of society is doing. Which, in America, is far, far from enough.

Forum List

Back