Do Americans know that China is a communist country?

R

rdean

Some USMB members have suggested that China has become a capitalistic society.

I pointed out that even China describes itself as a "communist country" and our government sees China as a "communist country" and in spite of that, there are some that say China is not only a "capitalistic society", but the leader of the country is actually the CEO.

Is this a "mainstream" belief? Does it come from mostly one party?

I pointed out that even China describes itself as a "communist country" and our government sees China as a "communist country" and in spite of that, there are some that say China is not only a "capitalistic society", but the leader of the country is actually the CEO.

China can call itself whatever it wants, the simple fact of the matter is that China has a mixed-economy. If they were a truly communist country they'd be a third-world country just like North Korea. Did you know the Chinese Communist Party accepts open capitalists into its ranks? China is communist in name only.

I was going to watch Monty Python "Holy Grail" for a few laughs, but then I saw this thread.

OK, here's what we know so far:

1. It's an rdean thread.
2. It mentions some subject and Republicans in the OP.

I would define it more as an oligarchy. The economy is mixed at this point.

Basically people can make money now, but have very little political clout.

Good answer

What is the difference between "little political clout" and "none"?

China is a communist corporation. UScitizen said that and he/she was spot on!

The commies are gonna win yet after 100 years of the west trying to destroy them.

Worse yet we are fulfilling Stalin's prophecy that " capitalists would sell you the rope to hang them with". Via our debt of course.

Doesn't that make you feel proud?

The commies are gonna win yet after 100 years of the west trying to destroy them.

Worse yet we are fulfilling Stalin's prophecy that " capitalists would sell you the rope to hang them with". Via our debt of course.

So are you saying we need some help from the government?

I am saying what I said.

If anything it is our government that is feeding our nation into the gaping jaws of China. So they can feed us to their pets.

I am saying what I said.

If anything it is our government that is feeding our nation into the gaping jaws of China. So they can feed us to their pets.

What do you suggest we do to change the situation?

You ever read "Animal Farm?" It seems China has reached the same stage of political development as Animal farm had by the end of the book.

They can call themselves what they like. A name is just a label. the contents of the label can be anything you want it to be. The call themselves communists. So that is what they are. But what they seem to have achieved is sort of what Mussolini was going for with his ideal of a corporate state.

All this is and has long been known to everyone, as it is pretty obvious. Why has the obvious escaped you till very recently

You ever read "Animal Farm?" It seems China has reached the same stage of political development as Animal farm had by the end of the book.

They can call themselves what they like. A name is just a label. the contents of the label can be anything you want it to be. The call themselves communists. So that is what they are. But what they seem to have achieved is sort of what Mussolini was going for with his ideal of a corporate state.

All this is and has long been known to everyone, as it is pretty obvious. Why has the obvious escaped you till very recently

So you like their form of government?

You're fucking stupid

Forum List

Back