Do American Conservatives and Libertarians adore dictatorships, totalitarianism?

What about the Liberals and Progressives that admire Chavez and Castro?

No liberal admires a dictator. Progressives, conservatives and others do and have.

I guess you get to tell people they aren't liberals now.

Do it all the time you idiot. :eek:

Paul Krugman, a Times columnist and a Nobel Prize-winning economist who persistently supported a larger stimulus, told me that Summers’s assertion about market fears was a “bang my head on the table” argument. “He’s invoking the invisible bond vigilantes, basically saying that investors would be scared and drive up interest rates. That’s a major economic misjudgment.” Since the beginning of the crisis, the U.S. has borrowed more than five trillion dollars, and the interest rate on the ten-year Treasury bills is under two per cent. The markets that Summers warned Obama about have been ca

Read more The Obama Memos: How Washington Remade the President : The New Yorker

No liberal admires a dictator. Progressives, conservatives and others do and have.

I can and do because I own a Websters Dictionary...

So do I, I particularly like this definition of liberal.

A person who favors an economic theory of laissez-faire and self-regulating markets.

Tell me something, using that definition, which party seems more liberal to you, the Democrats or the Republicans?

Do it all the time you idiot. :eek:

Paul Krugman, a Times columnist and a Nobel Prize-winning economist who persistently supported a larger stimulus, told me that Summers’s assertion about market fears was a “bang my head on the table” argument. “He’s invoking the invisible bond vigilantes, basically saying that investors would be scared and drive up interest rates. That’s a major economic misjudgment.” Since the beginning of the crisis, the U.S. has borrowed more than five trillion dollars, and the interest rate on the ten-year Treasury bills is under two per cent. The markets that Summers warned Obama about have been ca

Read more The Obama Memos: How Washington Remade the President : The New Yorker

I do, but I am a self righteous jerk, just ask yourself if you don't believe me.

Do American Conservatives and Libertarians adore dictatorships, totalitarianism?

Is there enough evidence out there to make a legitimate case that American Conservatives and Libertarians hate liberalism so much, they have turned their collective backs on the liberal values that were undoubtedly the foundation, of the United States of America?

let us start by taking a look at a recent thread here @ USMB:

We had the great Conservative hero, the late Senator Jesse Helms with his unbridled support of the regimes: Zimbabwe Rhodesia, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Chile, South Africa (the apartheid gov)...

...to be continued...

Did you not just a few posts back describe Barney Frank as a Liberal Democrat? Do you not consider Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters and Jimmy Carter to be Liberals because they have each said they admire Castro.

I've been posting here for a few weeks now and in that time you've probably started as many topics and made as many posts as anyone here, yet you haven't once made a factually accurate statement. Whether it's your simply inaccurate statements like your mis-understanding of political labels and the views associated with them, to your childish name-calling or even your sad attempts at humor each has been a failure.

Following the examples of blind squirrels and broken clocks it would almost seem this would have to be intentional on your part. This seems to lead to only 2 possible scenarios so I'm curious are you so desperate for attention that you would come on here day after day and start topic after topic, make post after post, knowing each to be moronic or is it that you truly are this much of a buffoon and really don't know it.

Can someone please tell me how you can be for eliminating laws in the lives of people and be a totalitarian?

"A few months ago, I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and evidence tell me it is not."

Maybe your heart tells you one thing and facts and evidence show what a douche you are?

:eek:

Stupor Dave strikes again!

Did you not just a few posts back describe Barney Frank as a Liberal Democrat? Do you not consider Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters and Jimmy Carter to be Liberals because they have each said they admire Castro.

I've been posting here for a few weeks now and in that time you've probably started as many topics and made as many posts as anyone here, yet you haven't once made a factually accurate statement. Whether it's your simply inaccurate statements like your mis-understanding of political labels and the views associated with them, to your childish name-calling or even your sad attempts at humor each has been a failure.

Following the examples of blind squirrels and broken clocks it would almost seem this would have to be intentional on your part. This seems to lead to only 2 possible scenarios so I'm curious are you so desperate for attention that you would come on here day after day and start topic after topic, make post after post, knowing each to be moronic or is it that you truly are this much of a buffoon and really don't know it.

what exactly did the progressives you mentioned say they admire about Castro? context is everything when dealing with blowhards like you.

and Barney Frank is the only one above I'd call a liberal. ..the others being mostly progressives. Especially Carter, Carter and The Lion of Liberalism had a battle for the soul of the party in 1980.

Last edited:
and whom did Reagan trade arms to in violation of American law?

November 13, 1986 -- in his first public statement about the allegations of secret arms-for-hostages negotiations with Iran

"In spite of the wildly speculative and false stories of arms for hostages and alleged ransom payments, we did not -- repeat did not -- trade weapons or anything else for hostages nor will we."

March 3, 1987 -- from a televised address in which he admitted to the findings of the Tower Commission

"A few months ago, I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and evidence tell me it is not."

huh?

Can someone please tell me how you can be for eliminating laws in the lives of people and be a totalitarian?

Maybe your heart tells you one thing and facts and evidence show what a douche you are?

Or maybe you dont have a real answer so you're avoiding the question.

Or maybe you dont have a real answer so you're avoiding the question.

Ronald Reagan makes the above comments and people consider him honest, full of integrity and a role model? :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back