Do a majority of Americans believe that the Republicans are intentionally harming...

nitroz

INDEPENDENTly ruthless
May 18, 2011
Merritt Island, FL
Do a majority of Americans believe that the Republicans are intentionally harming the economy?

Results are in this PDF. http://images.politico.com/global/2012/06/daily_kos_-_seiu_weekly_polling_obama_vs_romney_66-6.html

Article: Poll concludes that voters aren’t stupid; almost half believe Republicans are sabotaging the economy – FreakOutNation

According to a new poll released today, almost half of voters believe that Republicans are deliberately stalling efforts to better the economy in order to bolster their chances of defeating President Barack Obama.

Objections will be raised stating that this is a left leaning poll, but let’s revisit Mitch McConnell’s statement — which was not concerning the economy, job creation, or bipartisanship to secure a better economy — it was about defeating the President, ”The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”

Republican leaders took at oath to defeat the President at every turn — which took place on his inauguration day.

This is the latest survey from the Democratic-leaning firm Public Policy Polling (PPP), in collaboration with with Daily Kos and SEIU, which results in 49% of registered voters believing that Republicans are “intentionally stalling efforts to jumpstart the economy” to ensure Obama’s defeat in November.

Half of all independents surveyed also believe that Republicans are sabotaging the economy.

Recent articles have been circulating which validate this premise.

The Guardian reports:

In recent days, Democrats have started coming out and saying publicly what many have been mumbling privately for years – Republicans are so intent on defeating President Obama for re-election that they are purposely sabotaging the country’s economic recovery. These charges are now being levied by Democrats such as Senate majority leader Harry Reid and Obama’s key political adviser, David Axelrod.
Republicans have opposed a lion’s share of stimulus measures that once they supported, such as a payroll tax break, which they grudgingly embraced earlier this year. Even unemployment insurance, a relatively uncontroversial tool for helping those in an economic downturn, has been consistently held up by Republicans or used as a bargaining chip for more tax cuts. Ten years ago, prominent conservatives were loudly making the case for fiscal stimulus to get the economy going; today, they treat such ideas like they’re the plague.

Traditionally, during economic recessions, Republicans have been supportive of loose monetary policy. Not this time. Rather, Republicans have upbraided Ben Bernanke, head of the Federal Reserve, for even considering policies that focus on growing the economy and creating jobs.

How much vocal opposition to the stimulus have we read/heard? A lot, but Republicans were for it before they were against it:

“Ten years ago, prominent conservatives were loudly making the case for fiscal stimulus to get the economy going; today, they treat such ideas like they’re the plague.”

I think the leadership of both parties are more likely to do what's best for their party than what's best for the American People.

I think it is fair to say that the same type of people who believe 9/11 was an inside job - believe the Republicans are deliberately hurting the economy.

Do a majority of Americans believe that the Republicans are intentionally harming the economy?

Well, what are they going to run on? Their accomplishments? Try to name a single one. They can't.

I doubt the economic health of the nation is more important to the GOP than the wealth of the people who pull the GOP's strings.

Well why wouldn't we want to harm the entire economy? Although it's a bit of a moot point since we're all gonna die from breathing the dirty air and drinking the dirty water we're busy ginning up.

It seems to me that if 49% of people responding to a Daily Kos/SEIU survey think the GOP is intentionally harming the economy, 51% think differently. When you factor in just who is likely to be contacted by a survey from the far left, one has to conclude that the vast majority of Americans think the OP is an idiot.

Well, what are they going to run on? Their accomplishments? Try to name a single one. They can't.

Did Barack Obama run on his accomplishments? If he did, I must have missed it... Can you please name what accomplishments Obama ran on in 2008? I'll await your response...

A serious question is if Obama and democrats are intentionally harming the economy. Won't take up any jobs bills in the senate. Passed a horrible healthcare bill with no bipartisan support. A stimulus that's done nothing relative to the amount of spending. Solyndra and SunPower. We aren't living in perfect times and repubs aren't fantastic but to look at the dems and think they are doing something great is intellectually dishonest. We need some new people in office.

It's pretty well known the GOP wants to destroy the nation at all costs, and turn it into some kind of 3rd world fascist hell hole.

It's long past time the democrats did something about it if that's what they believe.

Its now you rank and file we believe this about guys.

its the republican leadership.

They play you people like a fiddle.

You know you are being played but are sooooo affraid to amitt you were wrong about anything you cling to these leaders and do their bidding when just a few weeks ago you claimed you would not.

How many of you on the right said just a couple of months ago you would never support Robmoney?

I think the leadership of both parties are more likely to do what's best for their party than what's best for the American People.

i don't think about whats best, but rather what benefits them financially.

It would be nice if everyone realized that this is not a winner-take-all proposition.

Scuttling and sinking the political opposition ends up trashing the whole boat and we all sink together.

Kind of like the guy who loves that woman so much that he'll kill her before he lets her walk away.

It simply makes no sense.

It's pretty well known the GOP wants to destroy the nation at all costs, and turn it into some kind of 3rd world fascist hell hole.

There's no need seeings how Obama's failed economic polices have already done just that...

Funny I've seen his policies slow the damage that bush ere tax cuts/fighting 2 wars on china's dime got us.

But feel free to spin it however you like.

PS> your avi is hillarious!

Forum List

Back