DNC's Dean's power: make racist joke = ok

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
RNC Chief: Dean Joke Was 'Racist'

Republican National Committee Chairman Ken Mehlman blasted newly elected DNC chief Howard Dean on Tuesday for telling what he said was a "racist" joke to the Congressional Black Caucus.

"It's pretty offensive," Mehlman told ABC Radio host Sean Hannity. "It's pretty racist, if you ask me."

During a meeting with the CBC on Friday, Dean joked: "You think the Republican National Committee could get this many people of color in a single room? Only if they had the hotel staff in here."

Beyond being offensive to minorities, Dean's characterization of Republicans was just wrong, Mehlman said.

"I wish Governor Dean had joined me last Monday when I, along with Lieutenant Governor Mike Steele of Maryland, who's African-American, had an event at Prince Georges Community College where 250 mostly African-Americans and I met to talk about our party and our agenda."

The flap over Dean's "hotel staff" remark isn't the first time critics say he has crossed the line on race.

I think if this had been a Republican, the MSM would have found a way to cover it.

What a crass idiot.

However they may be in one room but how many were there with jobs rather than being delegates?

The R party actually gives people of color jobs that they are qualified for. If you don't believe me, look it up. Find out what Party's Administration has the most people of color in Cabinet Positions as well as on staff at the WH.

The D Party just thinks it is great that they vote so heavily D, but they won't give them a job except as an Affirmative Action case. So long as they know their place its okay, they can be here. At some point the minorities will realize they have been duped, it won't be pretty for the D party when that happens.

Forum List

Back