DNC Video: "The Government is the Only Thing We All Belong To"

It's like if the Government was a group, which it sort of is, it's the only one that all Americans belong to, or are associated with directly, because as you said, it belongs to us.

As opposed to any other group that exists, which doesn't include all Americans.

Does that make any sense to you?

I think I usually do a decent job on seeing other perspectives, even when I disagree...I just don't get this one. The government is supposed to represent us, but very few have confidence that they are able to do even an adequate job. It is not the same as calling yourself an American, which are people who hold certain ideals...but they don't require a connection to government.

It's like if the Government was a group, which it sort of is, it's the only one that all Americans belong to, or are associated with directly, because as you said, it belongs to us.

Why did they not say that then?

I am listening to what they say... not what I think they mean.

I know what I mean when I say it... it is not very hard to say what is in your heart. It just comes naturally.

Well sounding like Marxists is what comes naturally to the radical wing of the Democratic party.

I know what I heard, and I know what they meant... say what ya want to, but I got the "context" just right.

I know what I mean when I say it... it is not very hard to say what is in your heart. It just comes naturally.

Well sounding like Marxists is what comes naturally to the radical wing of the Democratic party.

I know what I heard, and I know what they meant... say what ya want to, but I got the "context" just right.

Sure thing, and when nothing marxism-related continues to happen, you'll continue to look foolish. :thup:

It's okay, USMB lefties. Just say your bedtime prayer, and everything will be fine.

The Government's Prayer

Our Government in D.C.,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy nanny state come
Thy mandate be done
On flyover country as it is in the coasts.
Give us this month our monthly check,
And audit us our trespasses,
As we file suit against those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into liberty,
But deliver us from ourselves.
For thine is the oligarchy,
And the power, and the glory,
Forever and ever.
Amen.

Sure thing, and when nothing marxism-related continues to happen, you'll continue to look foolish. :thup:

Im sorry, but you are just too stupid to see it....

Enjoy your ignorant bliss.... I envy you in some ways
:wink_2:

Tent---they need to stick with the big tent. I don't belong to the damn government and I'm just barely willing to even get in a tent with those folks. Maybe for a circus. :D

Do they not understand they work for the people, the people aren't supposed to work for the government?? Government is the thing we are all forced to participate in. I'd get along fine without those idiots in DC.

Obama is the Year 0

Every Progressive Dictator especially the really dangerous ones like Jong, Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot follow the same pattern. It's about Fearless Leader and living for the state

DNC_2012_20120904021257_320_240.JPG

Seems to me that the Democrats have always been shy about admitting their affection for government, and it looks like they are finally making their case. They need to be careful, though, not to go too far.

We all belong to the government? Yikes, I dunno...

Do they not understand they work for the people, the people aren't supposed to work for the government?? Government is the thing we are all forced to participate in. I'd get along fine without those idiots in DC.

To folks like Obama your money belongs to the government and we're all working for the government. The government should decide how you will live, what you will eat, what you can buy, and how much you can make.

Last edited:
That's going to seriously become one of the quotable quotes for the 2012 DNC. "What's your platform? We all belong to the Government." Just like in Egypt after the famine. Everything belonged to Pharaoh.. Let's see the population of the US is 314,303,000 The GDP is $15,606.1 billion and the national debt just topped 16 trillion, yep we all do belong to the government!

Forum List

Back