DNC To Award Minority-Owned Companies

B

Big D

"All we can do is make sure that people of color are included in the opportunity to participate," said DNC chairwoman Alice Huffner, a panelist at the 21st Century Black Massachusetts Conference held at the Hynes Convention Center.

The Rev. Jesse Jackson Sr. appeared at the conference, held the day before the 36th anniversary of the Rev. Martin Luther King's assassination. He delivered the keynote address at the luncheon and continued to criticize the Bush administration for the war in Iraq.

Some minority businesses have already benefited from the convention. About $4 million in DNC money has been deposited in minority-owned banks in Boston, Huffner said.

OneUnited Bank, with $500 million in assets the largest minority-owned bank in the nation, has more than $3 million in convention deposits, according to chairman and chief executive Kevin Cohee.

"I've seen the effort and the commitment and it's truly legitimate," said Cohee, who was on the same panel as Huffman. "They have made an effort to reach out to minority vendors."
http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...vention_business_goes_to_minority_businesses/

:blsmile: Help Me

I wonder if my husband's company gets in on this...his boss, who is also the owner/founder of the company is 1/2 Ojibwe. But I doubt he would take the handouts because he is VERY conservative, but not Christian. He worships the same Gods as his ancestors. If I can find a pic of him in his costume, I will post it. It is REALLY amazing.

My hubby's company is tiny-less than 25 employees- compared to their competitors in the state with anywhere from 200 to 1000. But my husband's company profited $3.4 million last year. Not bad for a company that is only 7 years old, in an industry where company size can be the difference in getting the contract or not.

Big D said:
"All we can do is make sure that people of color are included in the opportunity to participate," said DNC chairwoman Alice Huffner, a panelist at the 21st Century Black Massachusetts Conference held at the Hynes Convention Center.
I like this how Alice Huffner wants to make sure people of color are included in the opportunity to participate, but yet she is in a group like the 21st Century BLACK folks conference, a group that does not include anyone that ain't black.

I like the idea that "minority" is at times equated with "incapable." You know, since I am a majority white caucasian, I need to give handouts to the incapable minorities, for no other reason than the fact that they are, indeed, minorities (which also means incapable).

I'm all for equal rights. Screw all the affirmative action crap. It's a dog-eat-dog world out there. Help your fellow man, but don't set up regulations giving certain races a leg up. Racism is still not off the table in today's America, but for crying out loud, this isn't the 50's/60's. If a minority gets screwed over by some retarded white guy, there are a million lawyers out there who are ready to shove it up their racist *****.

What's also funny is how the Democratic Party is feeding those very minorities that so blindly follow them. They won't admit it, but they know what their doing.

-Douglas

Shazbot said:
I like the idea that "minority" is at times equated with "incapable."
-Douglas
You are exactly right, minority also only means black or hispanic. None of these handouts are for Asians or Jews because these two groups are capable.

Big D said:
You are exactly right, minority also only means black or hispanic. None of these handouts are for Asians or Jews because these two groups are capable.
I think in this sense, "capable" can also mean, "not swayed so easily." I don't see so much Democratic Party support among asians or Jews, thus, Kerry saves his breath.

-Douglas

William Joyce said:
Why don't the Democrats just propose the elimination of the white race?

The "white race" is pretty much gone anyways. Within another two or three generations it'll be irrelevant to even discuss race as there will have been so much intermarriage among them. Get over it :asshole:

Bullypulpit said:
The "white race" is pretty much gone anyways. Within another two or three generations it'll be irrelevant to even discuss race as there will have been so much intermarriage among them. Get over it :asshole:
Any place that is not majority white is a shithole and not worth living in anyways.

Forum List

Back