DNC Times Attacks America - Gives Iran A Pass

red states rule

May 30, 2006
Leave it to the DNC Times to bash America, and at the same time, give Iran a pass.

I have said before in other posts how the political tide is turning. Reading how worried the DNC Times is over the November election, they are beginning to see the tide turning as well

Editorial
Wanted: Scarier Intelligence

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/25/opinion/25fri1.html
Published: August 25, 2006
The last thing this country needs as it heads into this election season is another attempt to push the intelligence agencies to hype their conclusions about the threat from a Middle Eastern state.

That’s what happened in 2002, when the administration engineered a deeply flawed document on Iraq that reshaped intelligence to fit President Bush’s policy. And history appeared to be repeating itself this week, when the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, Peter Hoekstra of Michigan, released a garishly illustrated and luridly written document that is ostensibly dedicated to “helping the American people understand” that Iran’s fundamentalist regime and its nuclear ambitions pose a strategic threat to the United States.

It’s hard to imagine that Mr. Hoekstra believes there is someone left in this country who does not already know that. But the report obviously has different aims. It is partly a campaign document, a product of the Republican strategy of scaring Americans into allowing the G.O.P. to retain control of Congress this fall. It fits with the fearmongering we’ve heard lately — like President Bush’s attempt the other day to link the Iraq war to the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

But even more worrisome, the report seems intended to signal the intelligence community that the Republican leadership wants scarier assessments that would justify a more confrontational approach to Tehran. It was not the work of any intelligence agency, or the full intelligence panel, or even the subcommittee that ostensibly drafted it. The Washington Post reported that it was written primarily by a former C.I.A. official known for his view that the assessments on Iran are not sufficiently dire.

While the report contains no new information, it does dish up dire-sounding innuendo, mostly to leave the impression that Iran is developing nuclear weapons a lot faster than intelligence agencies have the guts to admit. It also tosses in a few conspiracy theories, like the unsupported assertion that Iran engineered the warfare between Israel and Hezbollah. And it complains that America’s spy agencies are too cautious, that they “shy away from provocative conclusions.”

Newt Gingrich, the former House speaker, put it even more bluntly in explaining some Republicans’ dissatisfaction with the C.I.A. reporting on Iran: “The intelligence community is dedicated to predicting the least dangerous world possible.”

All in all, this is a chilling reminder of what happened when intelligence analysts told Vice President Dick Cheney they could not prove that Iraq was building a nuclear weapon or had ties with Al Qaeda. He kept asking if they really meant it — until the C.I.A. took the hint.

It’s obvious that Iran wants nuclear weapons, has lied about its program and views America as an enemy. We enthusiastically agree that the United States needs every scrap of intelligence it can get on Iran. But the reason American intelligence is not certain when Iran might have a nuclear bomb is because the situation is so murky — not because the agencies are too wimpy to tell the scary truth.

If the Republicans who control Congress really wanted a full-scale assessment on the state of Iran’s weapons programs, they would have asked for one, rather than producing this brochure.

The nation cannot afford to pay the price again for politicians’ bending intelligence or bullying the intelligence agencies to suit their ideology.

Only in your own fevered imagination is there anything derogatory about America in the editorial. If anything, the writer complements the America people on waking up to the fiasco that Iraq truly is, and the fact of Chimpy and Co. sexing up the intel, "...Shaping the intelligence to fit the policy...", to fit their desire for an illegal war of aggression.The writer merely offered up the facts of the matter as they are, not as he wished them to be.

What America needs is intel, humint/sigint/elint, and analysis unclouded by the machinations of a corrupt and venal administration that has abandoned even the pretense of legitimacy by its actions.

So crawl back into your hole and lick your genitals. Your mother was a hamster and your father reeked of elderberries. I fart in your general direction you silly person!

Iran has lied to the workld about developing nukes, has said they want to wip Israel off the map, and is funding terrorism around the Middle Eeat.

And the DNC Times says NOT TO BE AFRAID?

Interesting that to the DNC Times a terrorist nation with a hidden nuclear program isn't really such a big deal. It's those dangerous democratically elected Republicans America has to fear.

I se you got up on the wrong side of the slab this morning Bully. Try sticking pins in your GWB doll - it will make you feel better

On Jan 20, 2009 when Pres Bush leaves office, I will buy you a scratching post for your pleasure

So crawl back into your hole and lick your genitals. Your mother was a hamster and your father reeked of elderberries. I fart in your general direction you silly person!

Bully do you really want to get into it? Do you really want me to come down on you as being the pisspot cleaning and depends changing loser that you really are?

Watch your unprovoked flames, in other words watch your ass, i'm just looking for a reason.....................

It was obvious that Iraq had WMDs as well. And people still deny that they did, despite the fact that some have been found.

Honestly though, Republicans dont need to scare voters into voting for them. Democrats already scare us into voting Republican. I mean seriously, does anyone think giving Iran nuclear materials is or ever was a good idea? Does anyone thing cutting and running is a good idea?

If Democrats have such good ideas for national security, why dont they make up legislation to implemenet them? Does anyone honestly think Republicans are going to stand in the way of any effort to geniunely secure our nation?

What the heck has happened to our nation where what we have to chose at the election booth is a choose between fighting and defeating our enemies or submitting to mass murder by them?

Bully do you really want to get into it? Do you really want me to come down on you as being the pisspot cleaning and depends changing loser that you really are?

Watch your unprovoked flames, in other words watch your ass, i'm just looking for a reason.....................

Just trying to lighten the mood old son! Don't take yourself so seriously. ;)

Just trying to lighten the mood old son! Don't take yourself so seriously. ;)

First off, are you drunk today? You posted almost the same thing twice, delete one of them please.

Second off you know that I love flaming but just like you don't like unprovoked wars of aggression(to use your own words) you also shouldn't like unprovoked flame wars, keep em to a minimum.

First off, are you drunk today? You posted almost the same thing twice, delete one of them please.

Second off you know that I love flaming but just like you don't like unprovoked wars of aggression(to use your own words) you also shouldn't like unprovoked flame wars, keep em to a minimum.

Bong water.

Only in your own fevered imagination is there anything derogatory about America in the editorial. If anything, the writer complements the America people on waking up to the fiasco that Iraq truly is, and the fact of Chimpy and Co. sexing up the intel, "...Shaping the intelligence to fit the policy...", to fit their desire for an illegal war of aggression.The writer merely offered up the facts of the matter as they are, not as he wished them to be.

What America needs is intel, humint/sigint/elint, and analysis unclouded by the machinations of a corrupt and venal administration that has abandoned even the pretense of legitimacy by its actions.

We are in WWIII and libs want to act like France

We are in WWIII and libs want to act like France

Since there has been no official Declaration of War, by Congress, or any other nation for that matter...Your assertion is specious, overblown, hyperbole. Which also describes Chimpy and Co's rhetoric regarding terrorism. "All talk and no hat...", as they say in Texas.

New Topics

Forum List

Back