DNC predicts Romney debate win

DNC spokesman thinks Mitt Romney will win first presidential debate vs. Barack Obama - NYPOST.com

It's a further lowering of expectations ahead of the first debate in Denver next week. Democratic National Committee spokesman Brad Woodhouse tells Fox News he thinks Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney will win.

Woodhouse says the way the DNC sees it, challengers win the first debate when they are up against incumbents.

"Mitt Romney has had a lot more time to debate, the president has not debated in the past four years in terms, of a campaign debate. I think the president will hold his own, but he's not known for sound bites. And these are 60 second, 90 second responses."

Already making excuses for an obama loss.

Both sides are trying to lower expectations and trying to build up the other guy. This is pretty rudimentary strategy.

Not really. Romney's campaign was looking for an 11 point bounce from his convention and Chris Christie was talking about Romney winning the debate on Wednesday.

I can tell you exactly who's going to "win" the debates.

After the debate, every liberal will claim that Obama won, and every Conservative will claim that Romney won.

And they'll both be right, because real debates don't exist anymore. "Debates" are just a platform for candidates to vomit up a bunch of 90 second talking points, while most of America changes the channel and watches American Idol.

Debates have been almost completely meaningless for decades now.

Only since the League of Women Voters stopped coordinating them for the reasons you stated. They had become disgusted w/ how much control the two parties wanted over the process.

Not really. Romney's campaign was looking for an 11 point bounce from his convention and Chris Christie was talking about Romney winning the debate on Wednesday.

I believe the exact phrase was "come Thursday morning the entire narrative of this race is going to change." So watch for that!

After the debate, every liberal will claim that Obama won, and every Conservative will claim that Romney won.

And they'll both be right, because real debates don't exist anymore. "Debates" are just a platform for candidates to vomit up a bunch of 90 second talking points, while most of America changes the channel and watches American Idol.

I see these debates getting a little more heated than that. Obama is just itching to call Romney out on some vague references to alleged policies he is supposedly developing that nobody can figure out.

I'll tell you before. If Obama doesn't create a visual gaffe, he'll "win" the debate. A win for Obama is not losing because he's ahead in a lot of states by nice margins.

The only game changer can be something Obama does that can't be repaired; a visual gaffe of bad behavior or something that can't be walked back or spun.

My only hope is that one of them gets all frustrated and pissed off and tells the other to go fuck himself.

:rock:

I wished that Kerry would have walked over there and unplugged Bush's little helper:

bush_wired-large.jpg

DNC spokesman thinks Mitt Romney will win first presidential debate vs. Barack Obama - NYPOST.com

It's a further lowering of expectations ahead of the first debate in Denver next week. Democratic National Committee spokesman Brad Woodhouse tells Fox News he thinks Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney will win.

Woodhouse says the way the DNC sees it, challengers win the first debate when they are up against incumbents.

"Mitt Romney has had a lot more time to debate, the president has not debated in the past four years in terms, of a campaign debate. I think the president will hold his own, but he's not known for sound bites. And these are 60 second, 90 second responses."

Already making excuses for an obama loss.

Both sides are lowering expectations for these debates.

Because they aren't nearly as important as people think they are.

Kerry won all three debates against Bush. He still lost the election.

Do you even remember a memorable moment from the McCain-Obama debates? Nope. Neither do I.

Forum List

Back