DNC predicts Romney debate win

Chris Christie is predicting the first debate will be a game changer for Mitt Romney!

When they predicted an 11 point bounce from the GOP convention, I suspected they don't understand how to play the expectations game. Now I'm sure of it. Why is this campaign so hopelessly inept?

Not sure who predicted an 11 point bounce with the DNC piggy backing the following week. I never read where they were expecting an 11 point bounce...no where.

In this case, it's not republicans but democrats predicting that Romney will win the debate.

The Romney campaign, however, is looking forward to the next few weeks where they expect the imminent announcement of a Vice Presidential candidate and the Republican National Convention will provide a turnaround.

"We're looking at getting a VP/Convention bounce," that adviser stated confidently, the adviser stated confidently, noting that the incumbent on average over the past 40 years has received an 18-point lift in favorability ratings and an 11-point increase in overall numbers, though the fact that the two conventions are so close together make the bounce hard to predict.

The convention, he argues, will give voters an honest representation of who the presumptive nominee is- a loving father who has seen tremendous successful both personally and professionally."Americans are going to get a real close look at Governor Romney, his wife Ann, and the entire family," Senior Adviser Eric Fehrnstrom said. "I think they are going to be impressed by the fact that this is a family that shares their values."

Read more: Romney Adviser Predicts Big Post-Convention Bounce, Despite Recent Polls - Fox News

They were looking for an 11 point bounce alright. Cautiously optomistic but they said it.

Fox News reported it so it must be true..

It's a further lowering of expectations ahead of the first debate in Denver next week. Democratic National Committee spokesman Brad Woodhouse tells Fox News he thinks Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney will win.

Woodhouse says the way the DNC sees it, challengers win the first debate when they are up against incumbents.

"Mitt Romney has had a lot more time to debate, the president has not debated in the past four years in terms, of a campaign debate. I think the president will hold his own, but he's not known for sound bites. And these are 60 second, 90 second responses."

Already making excuses for an obama loss.

Obama is thin skinned and arrogant. All Romney has to do is answer the questions well and take constant jabs at Obama, who will be incapable of not responding as the angry little bitter man that he is.

That said, I predict Romney won't do it, which will cause him to go down to defeat. So far, he has shown no life, it's sad. The media always declare hands off the Democrat while leading the charge against the Republican. Republicans don't do well when the follow that script. Yet, they endlessly do.

You have to love the excuse Obama doesn't have time to prepare because he is too busy being President.

Lets count all the fundraisers and campainge stops he's had in the last two months

Lame excuse but you knew they'd come up one for him LOSING:lol:

It's a further lowering of expectations ahead of the first debate in Denver next week. Democratic National Committee spokesman Brad Woodhouse tells Fox News he thinks Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney will win.

Woodhouse says the way the DNC sees it, challengers win the first debate when they are up against incumbents.

"Mitt Romney has had a lot more time to debate, the president has not debated in the past four years in terms, of a campaign debate. I think the president will hold his own, but he's not known for sound bites. And these are 60 second, 90 second responses."

Obama is thin skinned and arrogant. All Romney has to do is answer the questions well and take constant jabs at Obama, who will be incapable of not responding as the angry little bitter man that he is.

That said, I predict Romney won't do it, which will cause him to go down to defeat. So far, he has shown no life, it's sad. The media always declare hands off the Democrat while leading the charge against the Republican. Republicans don't do well when the follow that script. Yet, they endlessly do.

Sure, that's all Romney has to do.

DNC spokesman thinks Mitt Romney will win first presidential debate vs. Barack Obama - NYPOST.com

Both sides are trying to lower expectations and trying to build up the other guy. This is pretty rudimentary strategy.

Obama is a blabbering idiot without his trusty teleprompter........Romney will wipe the floor with his ass......:9:

I suppose the Tin Man could grow a personality overnight....hard to say.

This is a democratic tactic. To soften the blow if Obama doesn't do well. It's the pity play.

Obama has the advantage. And the libs know it.

And Obama has been practicing with John Kerry lolol

Chris Christie is predicting the first debate will be a game changer for Mitt Romney!

When they predicted an 11 point bounce from the GOP convention, I suspected they don't understand how to play the expectations game. Now I'm sure of it. Why is this campaign so hopelessly inept?

I think Romney will do very well in the first debate. I heard a stat today that the first debate 5 of the last 6 times was "scored" as going to the insurgent party. I don't know how it was scored or whatever but it would not surprise me.

I can tell you exactly who's going to "win" the debates.

After the debate, every liberal will claim that Obama won, and every Conservative will claim that Romney won.

And they'll both be right, because real debates don't exist anymore. "Debates" are just a platform for candidates to vomit up a bunch of 90 second talking points, while most of America changes the channel and watches American Idol.

Debates have been almost completely meaningless for decades now.

DNC spokesman thinks Mitt Romney will win first presidential debate vs. Barack Obama - NYPOST.com

:lol:

The RNC is essentially doing the same thing.

It's called "lowering expectations".

By the way..Kerry beat the pants off of Bush in the debates.

Didn't help his campaign.

:D

Forum List

Back