DNC: Nearly 200,000 Americans Agree, ABC Needs to Pull the Plug on Slanderous Propaga

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
9/8/2006 4:59:00 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: National Desk

Contact: Stacie Paxton of the DNC Press Office, 202-863-8148

WASHINGTON, Sept. 8 /U.S. Newswire/ -- Today, the Democratic National Committee delivered a petition signed by close to 200,000 Americans to the ABC offices in Washington urging the network to pull the plug on "The Path to 9/11," the five hour propaganda video it plans to air Sunday and Monday night. The DNC organized the petition drive when it became clear this week that the network was prepared to ignore criticism of its decision to air a right-wing, factually inaccurate mocudrama that dishonors the memory of 9/11 victims in order to serve a cheap, callous political agenda two months before the election.

In an unprecedented response, almost 200,000 Americans signed the petition after DNC Executive Director Tom McMahon sent an email on Wednesday. The petition calls on Walt Disney company president Robert Iger to "honor the trust the public has given you with our public airwaves by keeping this propaganda off the air."
"The fifth anniversary of the horrific attacks of September 11th should be time to honor the memory of the people who died there, the people who lived through it, and everyone still traumatized by the attacks," said DNC Chairman Howard Dean. "Yet Disney and ABC are about to run a propaganda piece 60 days before the election which portrays a far-right view of who is responsible for the 911 attacks.

"Today, more than 200,000 Americans have sent a clear message that the solemn anniversary of the 9/11 attacks is not a time for shameless partisan smears. They protested ABC's intervention in this election and demanded that this right wing propaganda piece be pulled. Walt Disney and ABC have an obligation to the American people to make sure this inaccurate right-wing propaganda piece never reaches our broadcast airwaves."
The following is the text of the petition:

Tell Walt Disney president Robert Iger that you hold his company responsible -- and that this community demands that ABC tell the truth:

Mr. Iger,

"The Path to 9/11" mocks the truth and dishonors the memory of 9/11 victims to serve a cheap, callous political agenda. It irresponsibly misrepresents the facts and completely distorts the truth.

This film is a conservative attempt to rewrite the history of September 11 to blame Democrats, just in time for the election. You should honor the trust the public has given you with our public airwaves by keeping this propaganda off the air.

Sincerely,

---

Paid for and authorized by the Democratic National Committee, http://www.democrats.org. This communication is not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

http://www.usnewswire.com/

What a steaming pile of :bs1:

Personally, I don't care what ABC airs about 9/11. I won't be watching. I have not been to see any of the theatrical releases about 9/11. I won't be watching any other televised 9/11 programming.

All I have to do is close my eyes, and I can see the planes crashing into the towers...I can see the people jumping to escape a fiery death...I can see the towers colllapsing in billiowing clouds of smoke and dust...I can see the people running, fleeing the choking clouds that filled New York streets...I can see the burning, smoking wreckage of the towers and the police and EMS vehicles partially buried...Why do I need some cheap, sensationalized, romanticized version of such tragedy and horror and heroism when all I have to do, is close my eyes?

Thank God our right to see Jerry Springer and Cheaters is protected though.

Ha ha - I keep tuning in to "Cheaters", in spite of myself. I've just got to think that someday, somebody is going to knock that little weasel, Joey, on his ass - and I want to be watching when it happens!

Personally, I don't care what ABC airs about 9/11. I won't be watching. I have not been to see any of the theatrical releases about 9/11. I won't be watching any other televised 9/11 programming.

All I have to do is close my eyes, and I can see the planes crashing into the towers...I can see the people jumping to escape a fiery death...I can see the towers colllapsing in billiowing clouds of smoke and dust...I can see the people running, fleeing the choking clouds that filled New York streets...I can see the burning, smoking wreckage of the towers and the police and EMS vehicles partially buried...Why do I need some cheap, sensationalized, romanticized version of such tragedy and horror and heroism when all I have to do, is close my eyes?

What is new about libs closing their eyes to the failures of the Clinton administration?

What is new about conservatives closing their eyes to the failures of Chimpy's administration?

:asshole:

Bully, everything I've seen says the series is harder on Bush than Clinton. I don't hear squat from the Bush camp. Tony Snow did say, 'we don't do reviews.'

Actually, Bully, I'm in agreement with you here - I won't be watching either. I did, however, consider it remarkable that one of the alphabet networks came dangerously close to airing a production that neither treated liberals with kid gloves nor went after conservatives with an ax. I've never seen anything like that, and neither have you - if you'll be honest about it.

Bully, everything I've seen says the series is harder on Bush than Clinton. I don't hear squat from the Bush camp. Tony Snow did say, 'we don't do reviews.'

Libs still kneel before Bill Clinton. That is how Bill wants them - especially the women

Forum List

Back